Windows 10: Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename

Discus and support Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Office 2016 Home and Business. I recently discovered on 7/2 that my 3 PST files for my 3 email accounts had been deleted. I lost all my contact... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by NGT, Jul 5, 2019.

1. NGT
    NGT Win User

Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename

I have Office 2016 Home and Business. I recently discovered on 7/2 that my 3 PST files for my 3 email accounts had been deleted. I lost all my contact email address and emails that were associated with Outlook. I had help from HP (bought computer from them) with creating new PST files. On 7/4 as I began to reenter my contact email addresses, I discovered that the new PST files are named, emailaddress - Test.pst. Before I get to far into adding all my contact email address, I want to fix the name of the pst files to emailaddress.pst.

Can I just rename the current three emailaddress-Test.pst files or do I have to create them another way?

Back up the pst files by copying them to my backup storage?

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Jul 5, 2019
  3. marcbkk Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

Thanks again everyone. I just did an export on the troubled PST file to create a new PST file from it and the file size went from 3.9GB down to 850MB. Then I installed the new PST file into Outlook that I just created and removed the old PST file from Outlook and all seems to be working fine so far. I think I am good now, but I will give it some time just to make sure there are no problems before I delete the old file. Thanks again.

marcbkk, Jul 5, 2019
  4. marcbkk Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

Yes, thanks, it seems to be working well now. Also, I did a compact on the new PST file I created and it dropped it down another 50MB or so in file size. Nice to see some things can be so simple *Smile Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename :)

marcbkk, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Office 2016 - PST Deleted - 3 new PST files created - I want to rename - Similar Threads - Office 2016 PST

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. PST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST: HOW DO I OPEN .PST FILE ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst/5cb0f141-91de-4310-8425-bb2860101953
  4. .pst file problem

.pst file problem: Hi, I have .pst files that I have but it can't open it with Microsoft Mail... Is it normal and how can I use my .pst files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-file-problem/673a801a-b22d-43cb-a4be-ad80e343af19
  5. PST files.

PST files.: Can I open an old PST Outlook file from Office Professions 2016's Outlook app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst-files/39e1ead4-b0b7-49f7-b1b0-9b6fd96fa979"
  6. .pst files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .pst files: I was trying to move folders from the document folder to a flash drive, and I screwed it up as usual. Out of nowhere appeared a massive file labeled as an "outlook .pst" file in the document folder. I don't even use outlook, so what is it and should I delete it?...
  7. Outlook 2016 - cannot create pst file -- name too long ??????

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - cannot create pst file -- name too long ??????: Hi folks Outlook 2016 - with latest updates what's up with this nonsense trying to add an account from another server can't see anything wrong with it -- account name is perfectly within Windows file lengths [img] any ideas Cheers jimbo 117208
  8. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  9. Backup Outlook 2016 via pst file (?)

in Browsers and Email
    Backup Outlook 2016 via pst file (?): Hi; Would like to sync (Win 7) outlook 2010 and (Win 10) outlook 2016. Specifically for email and calendars. I believe the easiest way would be a sync'd or shared pst file. Comments or suggestions appreciated. 62159
  10. Outook Office 365 .pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outook Office 365 .pst: Hi I always keep a backup of my Outlook .pst file just n case I need it... Just doing a back up and notice that the files do not have any association linked... I am sure it used to show the Outlook icon but can't be sure... can anyone confirm this.. I did try to link...