Windows 10: Office 2016 Public Preview now available

Discus and support Office 2016 Public Preview now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the last 12 months, we’ve transformed Office from a suite of desktop applications to a complete, cross-platform, cross-device solution for getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 3, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Office 2016 Public Preview now available

Source: Office 2016 Public Preview now available - Microsoft Office Blogs

Get Office 2016:

Product key for the Office 2016 Preview
    NKGG6-WBPCC-HXWMY-6DQGJ-CPQVG

Office 2016 Public Preview now available [​IMG]
    Note UPDATE: Office 2016 on Windows Preview update

UPDATE 2: Office 2016 Preview—update 2 now available - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Brink, May 3, 2015

2. Is There a New Office coming up next ?

Hello,

Yes, Office 2016 is coming! You need to install and pay for it additionally, as usual. You can try out its beta version right now which is free:

Microsoft Office 2016 Released, Buy Now

Hope this answers your query Office 2016 Public Preview now available :)

Kapil Arya MVP, May 3, 2015
  3. cannot save excel in windows 10

I have used 2013 office & 2016 office preview in Windows 10 preview builds & now Windows 10 Home. Each install necessitates uninstalling office and re-installing it.

Jmarco0921, May 3, 2015
  4. Office 2016 Public Preview now available

Can I install this alongside 2013?

bobsagetfullhou, May 3, 2015
  5. Rocky Win User
    I've been waiting for this.

Rocky, May 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, but no. *Sad

Can I use the Office 2016 Preview side by side with Office 2013?

No. You must uninstall Office 2013 before you can install the Office 2016 Preview.

UPDATE:

Well, yes you can. I just did despite the FAQs above saying you can't. You will have to install the same 32-bit or 64-bit Office 2016 Preview as the 32-bit or 64-bit Office 2013 you have installed. It doesn't appear to install everything (ex: Outlook 2016) if you do though.

Brink, May 3, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    I have never previewed Beta software before, so I have a couple of questions. Can I keep my Office 2010 on my computer if I decide to participate in this preview? And also, if I decide that this is not my cup of tea can I revert back anytime I want? I have my original installation disc and product activation code for my copy of Office 2010 Professional, so I do not think that I would have any problems reverting back when the time comes. I am excited to try this out.

Rocky, May 3, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

Oh, I guess that while I was posting my questions, one of my questions was already asked and answered. Thanks.

Rocky, May 3, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Straight after I decided to install 2013 in my VM. MS, your timing stinks. *Mad

Boozad, May 3, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    Installed O2016 on my Win 10 Build, all appears fine. I successfully attached my Outlook pst file to the new version. Though I don't use the main programs as much as I use to, e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook is my main use, so glad it installed and ready to use.

Hopefully when I go back to the Win 8.1 side, my pst file doesn't get hosed; shouldn't but ya never know. (I tucked a version away for safe keeping just as a precaution.)

gzt7d8, May 3, 2015
  11. diggy33 Win User
    Installed on a Windows 8.1 VM alongside Office 2010. Allowed me to choose my existing profile from 2010, which was nice. Changed the background to Circuit and color to Dark Gray and I'm in LOVE with this view in Office. Going to do a lot of tinkering around and hit it heavy and see what its got.

diggy33, May 3, 2015
  12. Williams Win User
    I dont see many UI changes.

Williams, May 3, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

Downloading now *Smile

I was just trying to get a trial for 2013 today. Had issues installing. This installed with no issues. Best of all the trial is good for 180 days instead of 60. Thank you for posting this Shawn*Cool

14. Vladimir Win User
    I'll try that on Win10 10074 and 10102

*Smile

Vladimir, May 4, 2015
  15. vivski Win User
    I have installed Office 2016 but wonder why Word is missing.

vivski, May 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Office 2016 Public Preview now available - Similar Threads - Office 2016 Public

2. Rust/WinRT Public Preview now available on GitHub

in Windows 10 News
    Rust/WinRT Public Preview now available on GitHub: We are excited to announce that the Rust/WinRT project finally has a permanent and public home on GitHub: GitHub - microsoft/winrt-rs: Rust/WinRT - Rust for the Windows Runtime Rust/WinRT follows in the tradition established by C++/WinRT of building language projections...
  3. Microsoft Forms Public Preview is now available for consumer users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Forms Public Preview is now available for consumer users: Microsoft Forms is a simple, lightweight tool for creating surveys and quizzes. Millions of people have used Forms since we released it for education and commercial organizations. Today, we’re extending Forms Public Preview to individual users for a variety of home scenarios....
  4. Office 2016 Preview and Office 2010 concurrently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 Preview and Office 2010 concurrently.: Hi there I think this comment is allowed - there is an NDA but I think this is OK. The latest update installs OFFICE 2016 just fine and works OK. Office 2010 is left untouched so you can run BOTH concurrently. OUTLOOK 2016 though uses the same data file as Outlook 2010...
  5. Office 2016 preview -- 64 bit version no longer available !!!!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 preview -- 64 bit version no longer available !!!!: deleted !! posted in error jinbo 7688
  6. Early look at Office 2016 Public Preview for Windows - on PC and phone

in Windows 10 News
    Early look at Office 2016 Public Preview for Windows - on PC and phone: On today’s Office Mechanics show, we’ll take a look at the new Office 2016 Public Preview on Windows 10—both on the desktop and on a phone. Ben Walters joins Jeremy Chapman again to the give an app-by-app tour of Office 2016 Public Preview on a Surface Pro 3 and a Lumia...
  7. Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics public preview now available

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics public preview now available: Howdy folks, It's a big big big day for us here in the Identity and Security Services team at Microsoft! If you've seen one of my presentations ("Identity is the new control plane"), you know that one of the things that sets us apart is our focus on delivering a...
  8. Upgrade Analytics Public Preview is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Upgrade Analytics Public Preview is now available: Upgrade Analytics is now available as a Public Preview. You can either add it to an existing OMS workspace or you can sign up for a new OMS workspace with the Upgrade Analytics solution enabled. Data generated by Upgrade Analytics is not counted towards your OMS quota, so...
  9. Office 2016 on Windows Preview update

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 on Windows Preview update: About a month ago, we invited anyone to participate in Office 2016 on Windows Preview. We now have over one million customers using the Office Preview across both Windows and Mac platforms. When we started the preview, we noted we would be adding features regularly for...
  10. Office 2016 Preview—update 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 Preview—update 2 now available: When we launched the Office 2016 Preview in early May, we said that we would share regular updates on new features as they became available. Here’s a quick update on what we’ve delivered in the last month. New charts in Excel—There has been a lot of enthusiasm for the new...