Windows 10: Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error"

Discus and support Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error" in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win 10, also installed Office 2016 Pro Plus. My Brother all in one printer scanned to email easily on Win 7, no longer does,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by eds, Aug 5, 2016.

1. EDS
    eds Win User

Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error"

I recently upgraded to Win 10, also installed Office 2016 Pro Plus. My Brother all in one printer scanned to email easily on Win 7, no longer does, Brother could not figure it out. I tried sending to email from Word, get "mapi failure, unspecified error".
    Hoping that if I can solve this, scan to email will also work.
    I have researched this issue for many hours, can find no solutions that are not old ones, referring to files and directories that do not exist. Tried renaming mapi32.dll (after installing the "take ownership" app.), to no avail. It never gets reinstalled. Tried copying it from a newer laptop, still no joy.

Using Windows Live mail client, set as default in Windows 10.

Most of the posts I can find on the internet regarding the mapi failure are for older systems, this is very new Windows 10, and new Office 2016.

Very disappointed in Microsoft issuing new software that will not work together!

:)

2. email error

I am using Office 10 Outlook and as of about 2 weeks ago can no longer email from any other Microsoft program, like Word, Excel or Publisher. I get the message that "cannot send mail because of MAPI failure. Operation not supported ". How can I fix this.
    This is messing up my business big time!

juliefeldman, Aug 5, 2016
  3. How do I add a MAPI email account using port numbers and TSL to Windows 0 mail program?

I have installed Windows 10. I want to use the "Mail" program. I need to add a MAPI email account using port numbers and TSL for sending emails. How do I do it?

StanHoward, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error"

1. Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error" - Similar Threads - Office 2016 send

2. email send failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email send failure: can only receive emails, failure to send out any with failure window appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-send-failure/c0951074-d281-4de2-89a9-85c56e3cfdea
  3. mapi error when trying to email from Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mapi error when trying to email from Word: How do I fix mapi error when emailing from Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapi-error-when-trying-to-email-from-word/a9baea4f-52ce-40f6-8dad-b49165e7d6dc
  4. Office 2016 Installation & Email Settings

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Installation & Email Settings: I'm about to upgrade my HP ProBook from Office 2010 to Office 2016 (32 bit versions). The safest approach seems to be to uninstall Office 2010 first. Is there a way of simply transferring the email settings (all IMAP) to avoid reentering them manually? 143709
  5. MAPI

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAPI: Hello I am having trouble sending email from my word program. a window pops up from the view more info, and it says to fix my MAPI. But I do not know how to fix my MAPI I do not know what a MAPI is. By the way I have windows 10. Thank you for any help you can give....
  6. MAPI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MAPI: How do I change my MAPI settings so I can e-mail documents? It tells me there isn't an e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mapi/813c280a-add1-4e56-adcf-a923b81187b5
  7. I cannot email from MS Word or Excel 2010 = MAPI failure

I cannot email from MS Word or Excel 2010 = MAPI failure: This has happened after I upgraded to Windows 10. The help section tells me to associate Word & Excel with a mail program but doesn't tell me how to do that. I am using Windows 10 mail app. I know I can go into settings to associate files with programs but I don't know what...
  8. Error installing Office 2016

Error installing Office 2016: HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing...
  9. get rid of MS Office 2016 send a smile

get rid of MS Office 2016 send a smile: Just recently MS Office 2016 includes a "send a smile" yellow symbol at the top right of the bar and I really want to get rid of it at the whole Office suit. I could not find a solution at other forums. 52510
  10. hiding send a smile in Office 2016

hiding send a smile in Office 2016: I cannot delete "send a smile" icon (yellow top right smile) at Office 2016 I was referred to delete at the registry at the folder 15.0 of Office but I do not have that registry folder. I do have 16.0. And at the 16.0 folder I do not have "Feedback" 53844

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mapi failure unspecified error

2. error sending mapi email no activity entries will be

3. mapi unspecified error excel

4. mapi error when sending from word 2016,
  5. windows 10 1903 mapi error office 365