Windows 10: Office 2016 Turning off "Read Aloud"

Discus and support Office 2016 Turning off "Read Aloud" in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Winver 18363.535 I never have to use "Read Aloud" and tried to remove it from the Ribbon. Unchecked that option, yet it still remains. Any tips? 148197 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by meebers, Jan 12, 2020.

1. meebers Win User

Office 2016 Turning off "Read Aloud"

Winver 18363.535 I never have to use "Read Aloud" and tried to remove it from the Ribbon. Unchecked that option, yet it still remains. Any tips?

:)

meebers, Jan 12, 2020
  2. tbvnz Win User

Text read aloud

My suggestion deals with having text read aloud. I love this feature but the way in which I'm asked if the text should be read aloud sometimes appears to be rude while in the presence of colleagues or relatives. I do not want them to think I'm rudely ignoring
    someone when actually I just want the text contents to be private and not read aloud. The phone should simply ask if I want the text to be read aloud and I respond with a simple yes or no. Not "ignore". This gives the impression that I deem the senders text
    "unimportant".

tbvnz, Jan 12, 2020
  3. meebers Win User

Winver 18363.535 I never have to use "Read Aloud" and tried to remove it from the Ribbon. Unchecked that option, yet it still remains. Any tips?

meebers, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

Read aloud not recognizing

Hi chouchouxG

i suggest you use the feedback hub (winkey+F) to let the development team know about this issue, hopefully they will fix it quickly.

in the meantime, when read aloud is on, click the person icon on the read aloud toolbar to adjust the voice and/or the speed to see if that makes a difference.

Martmcd, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Office 2016 Turning off "Read Aloud" - Similar Threads - Office 2016 Turning

2. Changing speed of narrator in Read Aloud function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing speed of narrator in Read Aloud function: I am searching for the adjustment for the voice cadence on the, "Read Aloud" setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-speed-of-narrator-in-read-aloud-function/53657c2e-3907-42d9-94dc-6fa523180e9a
  3. Read Aloud . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read Aloud . . .: If you right click on something,, one of the choices available is Read Aloud. I must have clicked on it, because, now it won't shut up. I clicked on it again, but that does not stop it? My question is, how do I stop, the read aloud? Thanks for reading this . . . Jerry...
  4. Read aloud doesn't recognize the letter F?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Read aloud doesn't recognize the letter F?: I use "read aloud" to listen to my PDF textbook as I read along. The software doesn't seem to be able to understand any word with "fi" or "fl" such as "fish", "specific" "fluctuate", "flow" etc. It's pretty annoying and I was wondering if there is any way to fix it or if...
  5. Read aloud feature in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read aloud feature in Edge: I like and often use the feature Read aloud in Edge but since recently I haven’t heard any sound. My speakers are fine because they work in different apps without any issue. I’ve noticed the same problem with the audio word pronunciation within Microsoft Word Smart Look-up....
  6. Read aloud Selected Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read aloud Selected Text: On MAC, I am used to selecting a piece of text and pressing a combination of buttons to read it aloud. It is very convenient and helps me with reading and learning faster because reading and listening at the same time improve learning efficiency. On Windows 10, It is...
  7. Read Aloud function not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read Aloud function not working.: Hi, My Windows 10 Edge used to be able to play "Read Aloud" function. However, recently when I click on it, nothing happens. Does anyone why it happens and knows how to rectify this? Thank you....
  8. Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Sync Office 2016 Files with OneDrive in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to...
  9. Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Read Aloud eBook, PDF, or Web page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  10. How to stop read aloud menu popup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop read aloud menu popup: Every few words I type in any text editor, a series of popups appear--stalling my typing. They ask if I want to read aloud, copy, paste and select all. Then the read aloud voice starts reading my page and re-orients my cursor so it appears along with the voice and causes...