Windows 10: Office 2016

Discus and support Office 2016 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Xcoastie, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Xcoastie Win User

Office 2016

I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help?

:)

Xcoastie, Apr 29, 2019

2. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Hi,

To address your concern, you can compress the view of your Microsoft Office programs inside a single folder in the Start Menu. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click on a blank space, click New > Folder.
    • Rename the New Folder as Microsoft Office 2016 (or any name that you want).
    • Highlight all the Microsoft Office 2016 programs.
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + X (make sure that all programs are highlighted).
    • Double-click Microsoft Office 2016 folder (the folder that you've created).
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + V.
    • Wait until all the programs are moved to the new folder.
    • Check the Start Menu if the settings are saved.

Let us know the outcome after you perform steps above for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Apr 29, 2019
  4. pavithran Win User

Office 2016

Help with office 2016

"To register Adodb.dll in the GAC, follow these steps:
    • Click Start and then click Run.
    • In the Run dialog box, type the following command, and then click OK: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll"

Typing the first command as mentioned in the site gets me this message. What do i do now??
    Office 2016 [​IMG]

pavithran, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Office 2016

1. Office 2016 - Similar Threads - Office 2016

2. Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?: Got a problem. My grandfather wanted to install Office 16. Since he doesn't have a Microsoft account, he chose telephone activation. He couldn't handle the automated voice. As a result, he got a service representative. He deciphered the code to get the other numbers. But...
  3. Where find Contact info box in Office/Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Where find Contact info box in Office/Outlook 2016: My old Office 2007 had a Contact box that would display email, phone, notes etc in a rectangular box. Where do I find something similar in Outlook 2016? 162033
  4. My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared.: I was working on my Word last evening. When I tried to open my document today, my entire Office Home & Student 2016 with my Word has disappeared. How can I reinstall it?...
  5. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  6. Office std 2016 MAK for PC 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office std 2016 MAK for PC 64bit: Hello, I need to install the Office std 2016 MAK on my PC 64 bit. I have the license with key already. However, I did not find the link for installation. >< How can I get the link for installation? Please advise. Thanks in advance. L...
  7. Can't uninstall Office 2016 Pro 32-bit

Can't uninstall Office 2016 Pro 32-bit: I've got Office 2016 Pro 32-bit. I got Microsoft 365 subscription but I can't properly install it. The problem is when I install Microsoft 365, it intalls apparently OK, but then when I open any app, such as Word, it's still the 32-bit Office 2016 one!. What I tried is: - I...
  8. Update Changed Office 2016 to 365 and Requires re-authentication

Update Changed Office 2016 to 365 and Requires re-authentication: An update processed automatically on July 24, 2020 that changed the look and functionality of Outlook and requires re-authentication of Word, Excel, and PPT. Also re-labels them all as Office 365 instead of Office 2016. This re-labeling has occurred once before but I found...
  9. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2016: HELLO, I, by mistakenly deleted the[ Click-to-run SxS ] application and now I'm not able to open Microsoft office 2016 files on my computer. Due to that missing file. What should I do to fix it? And how to do that issue?...
  10. Cannot change defaults using office 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change defaults using office 2016 and Windows 10: I am running Outlook 2016 on a Windows 10 machine. It is a Dell Inspiron out of warranty. I want to change my default settings to Outlook but I am unable to do so. Instead, I get a persistent Outlook pop-up about every 20 minutes that reads "Either there is no default mail...