Windows 10: Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account

Discus and support Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I added a bunch of e-mail addresses in Outlook 2019 which all work fine, now only 2 others are missing (both worked fine on my old Win 7/Office 2007... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nefthys, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account

I added a bunch of e-mail addresses in Outlook 2019 which all work fine, now only 2 others are missing (both worked fine on my old Win 7/Office 2007 PC) but Outlook keeps asking for the username/password. I know for sure that I'm using the right username/pw because I'm already using one of the e-mail account on a different PC (also Win 10/Office 2019).

How I'm trying to add the account:

1. File -> Add Account
    2. I enter the e-mail address and tick the box in "Advanced Options"
    3. Click on "POP"
    4. I enter the POP/SMTP info
    5. I enter the password
    6. Popup shows up, telling me to enter the username and the password (because the e-mail address isn't the username)
    7. Once I click on "OK", Outlook makes me wait a couple of seconds and the same popup shows up again

It doesn't matter how often I click on "OK", the popup keeps plopping up!

How do I add this e-mail address without getting the same message over and over again?

submitted by /u/Nefthys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nefthys, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Rearranging the Order of E-Mail Accounts

I have six e-mail accounts established in my Windows 10 Mail. It appears the accounts are listed in the order they were created. However, I just had to add another e-mail account and it is at the bottom of the list. Is there any way to rearrange the list? In Windows 8.1 you could move the accounts up and down in the order that you wanted them listed. The procedure used in Windows 8.1 does not work in Windows 10.

StevenTodd, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account

Exporting & Importing to new e-mail account

I am closing an e-mail account that I have been using for many years. I am not worried about e-mails, the ones I need, I have copied to my new e-mail account. What has me stuck is getting all my contacts into my new e-mail account. I have tried exporting and importing without any success. There is a lot of information in my contacts and it would take way too long to enter all the information manually.

Any suggestions? Please have some suggestions!

alkaufmann, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account

1. Office 2019 won't let me add e-mail account - Similar Threads - Office 2019 won't

2. Won't let me add my number to my account??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me add my number to my account??: So to use microsoft rewards at all it for some reason tells me I need a phone number, which it never did before. But when I try to add my number to my account, it doesn't work. It sends a code to my account, but when I enter the code and such it just keeps saying "This alias...
  3. Won't let me add my number to my account??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't let me add my number to my account??: So to use microsoft rewards at all it for some reason tells me I need a phone number, which it never did before. But when I try to add my number to my account, it doesn't work. It sends a code to my account, but when I enter the code and such it just keeps saying "This alias...
  4. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts: Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this...
  5. Mail app won't let me connect gmail account

Mail app won't let me connect gmail account: Hi,Got a new laptop recently and am trying to set up Mail so it has my gmail and hotmail accounts on. When I try it it keeps giving me a 'something went wrong' message with the error code 0x80070490. Tried various bits of internet troubleshooting advice but nothing has worked...
  6. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.: Hiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC. When I click the " Add Bluetooth or other device " and select the Bluetooth option, it loads for a few seconds then just disappears. I tried in the Control Panel, tried clicking " Add device " and it...
  7. Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account

Windows Mail App Not Letting Me Add an Outlook Account: My university recently switched from using Gsuite email accounts to using Outlook accounts. My university email stopped receiving messages in the mail app because of this switch, so, I am trying to re-add my university account as an Outlook account. I opened the add an...
  8. E-mail account won't sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E-mail account won't sync: One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there are 16 dots in the password space. When I put in my real password it fails....
  9. Mail app wont let me add google account

Mail app wont let me add google account: Hi, I am trying to add my google account in the mail app however when I choose to add a google account a window stating creating account is shown before closing abruptly. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  10. Mail won't add E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail won't add E-Mail: I am going to try and be as brief but informative as I can. I have an InsightBB email account and yes I am aware that Insight was bought by Time Warner Cable who has now turned into Spectrum but the Email address still works. Here is what is going on. About 2 weeks ago...