Windows 10: Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials

Discus and support Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I am an Office 365 Home subscriber and have the latest Windows 10 and Office Updates installed on my Surface Pro 3. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/matiwi, Jan 5, 2020.

1. /u/matiwi Win User

Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials

Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials C3lvGB9tA0tTArW1RpUh5lE7lighnXb3tZGgYgPYF5g.jpg

Hi everyone,

I am an Office 365 Home subscriber and have the latest Windows 10 and Office Updates installed on my Surface Pro 3.

Every time I start an Office Application or precisely a open a file in one (Outlook, Excel, Word) a new popup window appears which asks for my password. I can enter it and check save credentials but it will ask again after the app was closed and opened again. I must not enter a password, I can click on cancel and everything works fine, also with OneDrive files, so what is this about? I am logged in in all Office applications whether I enter the credentials or not.

I already tried deleting all credentials and even the Common/Identity folder in the registry, no changes.

Any idea?

https://preview.redd.it/e9qhh236qz8...bp&s=4d0d067bbf26744372a9b7c422a4d1390ffe9511

submitted by /u/matiwi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/matiwi, Jan 5, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Rob Odum Win User
    Problems logging into Microsoft Store with Office 365 credentials

I am setting up a new PC, and wanted to download some Wallpaper packs from the Store (these were free, Microsoft "certified" Wallpapers from the Store). I am logged into the Store with my Office 365 credentials (shows my name and email in the upper right
    corner with the generic "chess piece" avatar). I can download other apps (a speed test app and Minesweeper both downloaded fine), but when I try to download a Wallpaper pack, it asks for login credentials again, and does not recognize User Name/Email and Password
    (even though the icon in the top right of the Store shows I am logged in). It looks like it wanted another, personal Microsoft account attached to the Store - which I do not want to do; I'd rather have everything associated on my work PC just use my Office
    365 credentials. I actually had the same issue trying to open a Support Chat about this issue - it asked me to login first to start the chat, but would not recognize/accept my Office 365 User Name/Email and Password.

Any help appreciated!

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (this email used for Office 365)

Rob Odum, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials

Office 365 setup help.

Hello

How do we setup Office 365?

I tapped on setup and in the list of email servers, I selected Hotmail and put up the credential. Like in NOKIA Faq it asks to sign using outlook but I did it with hotmail. Is it okay? It still shows up option to setup if I tap Office 365 option in 'places.'

Before this I had already setup Email and accounts and using skydrive, but not office 365.

Thanks!

Creaturebot, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials

1. Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials - Similar Threads - Office 365 Apps

2. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.: I have a computer lab where there is a program that when it launches, every time it asks for admin credentials. The weird thing is that the user can just click the x to close and the program launches fine. This is a local account on windows 10. All other programs do not need...
  3. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.: I have a computer lab where there is a program that when it launches, every time it asks for admin credentials. The weird thing is that the user can just click the x to close and the program launches fine. This is a local account on windows 10. All other programs do not need...
  4. Program asks for UAC admin credentials every time it opens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  6. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Windows 10 Support
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  7. Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in: I have registered Word, Excel 365 & Co to my Microsoft account. Since a few weeks, these apps show me signed out when I restart my PC. When I sign in using my Microsoft account UserID, I get logged in without being asked for a password. This happens on all my PCs. When I go...
  8. Setting up a laptop with Office 365 credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a laptop with Office 365 credentials: Hi there, I had 2 email addresses, one of which was created by me, and the other an Office365 account. The first one is no more as I changed the email address and removed the alias. Sometimes when I attempt to login to Microsoft services I have received the choice to...
  9. OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.: Hi to everybody. First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me. A few infos: I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation; I've already...
  10. Use your Office 365 credentials to sign in to Yammer

in Windows 10 News
    Use your Office 365 credentials to sign in to Yammer: Today marks an important milestone with the release of Office 365 sign-in for Yammer, a feature allowing users to access Yammer with their Office 365 credentials and to work across Office 365 applications with ease. How it works As users sign in to Yammer, they will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 edit in desktop app keeps asking for credentials