Windows 10: Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

Discus and support Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have registered Word, Excel 365 & Co to my Microsoft account. Since a few weeks, these apps show me signed out when I restart my PC. When I sign in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jacobacci, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jacobacci Win User

Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

I have registered Word, Excel 365 & Co to my Microsoft account. Since a few weeks, these apps show me signed out when I restart my PC. When I sign in using my Microsoft account UserID, I get logged in without being asked for a password. This happens on all my PCs.
    When I go to my Microsoft Account page, My Office 365 Home license valid from April 2, 2019 is shown correctly, as are the 8 PCs the software is installed on.
    Any ideas what could be wrong here?

:)

jacobacci, Oct 4, 2019

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Office 365 on Continuum

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

1. Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in - Similar Threads - Office 365 apps

2. Join Windows Insider make Office 365 keep asking me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Join Windows Insider make Office 365 keep asking me sign in: I joined the Windows Insider Program. And After that I got nightmare about office 365 login.Every Office 365 App asks me to sign in with my company account. Office 365 "Enter Password" Dialog -> "Stay signed in to all your apps":OK -> Approve sign in request -> Something Went...
  3. Join Windows Insider make Office 365 keep asking me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Join Windows Insider make Office 365 keep asking me sign in: I joined the Windows Insider Program. And After that I got nightmare about office 365 login.Every Office 365 App asks me to sign in with my company account. Office 365 "Enter Password" Dialog -> "Stay signed in to all your apps":OK -> Approve sign in request -> Something Went...
  4. office 365 apps disappeared; account sign in problems on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office 365 apps disappeared; account sign in problems on PC: I am running Windows 10 on my desktop PC which was working fine in November. I left the country for 5 months, and upon my return, all of my Microsoft Office apps had disappeared. I tried to log into my Microsoft account and was denied...some error message about how that...
  5. Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 365 Apps asks every time for credentials: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I am an Office 365 Home subscriber and have the latest Windows 10 and Office Updates installed on my Surface Pro 3. Every time I start an Office Application or precisely a open a file in one (Outlook, Excel, Word) a new popup window appears which...
  6. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Keep Asking me to Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Keep Asking me to Sign In: A pop up frequently appears saying that there is a problem with my Microsoft account and that I need to sign in again to fix it. If I do sign in, the problem "is resolved", but then the pop up appears again 5-10 minutes later. Usually I just ignore the pop up, since it...
  7. OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account: Hi, I'm struggling to get a user logged back into there one drive using there office365 account since resetting there profile. They can log into office.com and see there one drive from there. When i come to log into OneDrive from the users PC i get prompted to click get...
  8. Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In: Hi, I have problems with Windows 10 (Build 18351). All Microsoft apps - One Drive, Store, Outlook, Powerpoint etc. etc. keep asking me to sign into my Windows account whenever I open them, even though I am logged into my PC OK with the account. This has been going on for...
  9. Office 365 sign in issue

Office 365 sign in issue: The first time it happened was yesterday. One User at the office had purchased a new laptop and I loaded our company Office 365 on it using their company email account that the license is tied to. They later added their Gmail account to Outlook and I think this is where the...
  10. Office 365 sign in issue

Office 365 sign in issue: Hi all, I had a message popup every time I loaded Outlook saying my password was about to expire in x days. When there was 3 days left I clicked on it and was asked to change my password, which I did. The next day a popup kept coming up asking for my password when I...