Windows 10: Office 365 automatic update disabled!

Discus and support Office 365 automatic update disabled! in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated". Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by jtjt00, Dec 24, 2018.

1. jtjt00 Win User

Office 365 automatic update disabled!

Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated".

Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate
    DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates
    Values:
    0 = automatic updates are disabled
    1 = automatic updates are enabled

This key was o when update is disabled. Changing it to 1 enable the update.

However, found that is reverse back to 0 after sometimes.

What is going on to disable the update for Office 365?

:)

jtjt00, Dec 24, 2018

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Office 365 automatic update disabled!

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 automatic update disabled!

1. Office 365 automatic update disabled! - Similar Threads - Office 365 automatic

2. Disable new search bar in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable new search bar in Office 365: Is there any way to disable/roll back the new search bar in Office 365? 157120
  3. Disable new search bar in Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable new search bar in Office 365: Is there any way to disable/roll back the new search bar in Office 365? 157120
  4. Updating microsoft office 365

Updating microsoft office 365: Hi All Just wondering after updating office 365,are you required to reboot the computer after updating.*Redface Cheers 149087
  5. Office 365 switching to Pro automatically!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 365 switching to Pro automatically!: Hi, I bought and installed Office 365 on my laptop. But when I open Powerpoint, it's Office Professional version. I need 365, because that's the one with the "design ideas" feature. Tried to uninstall and reinstall it again, but didn't work. what should I do? Thanks in...
  6. Office 365 automatic update disabled!

Office 365 automatic update disabled!: Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated". Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates Values:...
  7. Office 365 Outlook how to disable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 Outlook how to disable?: I have the above installed on my pc. I want to either uninstall it and leave the rest of office on there or I would like to be able to stop it over riding a preferred email client to sent emails. To override: I have looked in default apps. This is set for the correct email...
  8. Office 365 ProPlus updates

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 ProPlus updates: Office 365 ProPlus delivers cloud-connected and always up-to-date versions of our most valuable enterprise apps. Today, we’re making three important announcements related to ProPlus: changes to the Office 365 system requirements; improvements to the ProPlus update model,...
  9. February Office 365 updates

in Windows 10 News
    February Office 365 updates: February has been another busy month for releases across our Office clients on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. There are a number of exciting new capabilities in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, we released the first cumulative feature update since the initial...
  10. Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Office 2016 Updates [img] Information By default, Click-to-Run installations of Microsoft Office 2016 are configured to automatically update your Office installation when new...