Windows 10: Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time.

Discus and support Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Due to problems with ISP my home desktop PC is almost a moth without connection to internet. I have active Office 365 subscription and office 365... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by VBJP, Nov 6, 2018.

1. VBJP Win User

Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time.

Due to problems with ISP my home desktop PC is almost a moth without connection to internet.
    I have active Office 365 subscription and office 365 programs (word, excel, etc.) installed on it.
    Today I noticed that when I opened my excel document I could only view it but not edit. I guess my office 365 installation got deactivated.

Will it reactivate when I connect to internet?
    Is there any way to activate offline?

<Rant>I don't hate subscription based office 365, but in rare situations like this I would like to go back to normal product license at least then I may not get deactivated if I don't have connection to internet </Rant>

:)

VBJP, Nov 6, 2018
  2. RCoon Win User

office 365 vs office 2013

They are the same, 365 has less money making schemes, but dumps everything on the cloud.
    365 is online, 2013 is 100% offline.
    Also 365 will cost more in the longrun, especially if you dont upgrade for 3 years.

RCoon, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Nov 6, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

office 365 vs office 2013

Not really. Office 365 Home Premium is the equivalent to Office Professional. Office Professional is $390 and you can only install it on one PC. Office 365 is $99.99 a year and you can install it on up to 5 PCs. So even if you have just one PC, it would take almost 4 years for 365 to match the cost of the stand alone version. And if you have 2 PCs the cost for the stand alone version soars to $780, thats almost 8 years of paying for 365...

newtekie1, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time. - Similar Threads - Office 365 deactivates

2. Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated: I recently started seeing this notification in WORD documents: NOTIFICATION________________________________________________________I suppose this means that I will need to purchase a new version of Microsoft Office 365, right? If so, can I purchase the new version now? I...
  3. Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated: I recently started seeing this notification in WORD documents: NOTIFICATION________________________________________________________I suppose this means that I will need to purchase a new version of Microsoft Office 365, right? If so, can I purchase the new version now? I...
  4. Microsoft Office 365 product deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This app can't run on your pc in office 365 , when open office 365 excel sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't run on your pc in office 365 , when open office 365 excel sheet: when open oiffice 365 excel sheet this app can't run on your pc in o365, to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-in-office-365-when/f935efb4-6cb3-44b9-8640-4f2909ce7156
  6. This app can't run on your pc in office 365 , when open office 365 excel sheet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app can't run on your pc in office 365 , when open office 365 excel sheet: when open oiffice 365 excel sheet this app can't run on your pc in o365, to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-cant-run-on-your-pc-in-office-365-when/f935efb4-6cb3-44b9-8640-4f2909ce7156
  7. Office 365 installed on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Office 365 installed on PC: I recently purchased office365 and their is a conflict with the previous installed office. I want to remove the older version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-installed-on-pc/f0b7ffd5-b969-4322-83c0-6c56b9d8eb84
  8. User Office 365 Home version offline?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Office 365 Home version offline?: I have an Office 365 Home account and have found that the web versions of Word, Excel etc. to be fine for day today use. So, I was wondering if there is a way to use them offline in the same way as you can use Google Doc's etc. or do I need to be connected to the internet all...
  9. Resetting my PC-will Office deactivate?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting my PC-will Office deactivate?: I have Office Pro Plus 2016 activated and installed on my PC. I am thinking about resetting my PC due to a large amount of system clutter. I am planning to reset by keeping all files and keeping preinstalled apps. When I reinstall office, do I need to re-enter my activation...
  10. Use Office 365 Web Apps Offline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Office 365 Web Apps Offline: I have an Office 365 Home subscription and was wondering if I can use the Web versions of Word and Excel when not connected to the Internet like you can when using Googles Doc's and Sheets? I know I can install the full office package but I don't really need the full full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 deactivates

2. office 365 deactivates when offline