Windows 10: Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access

Discus and support Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access by Peter Gothard 22 Feb 2016 Microsoft has acknowledged that Office 365 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access

Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access
    by Peter Gothard
    22 Feb 2016

Microsoft has acknowledged that Office 365 is experiencing a European outage, the second time in three months that the system has been unavailable for a sustained period.

Many users are unable to log-in to Office 365 through the front-end portal, resulting in perpetual lag, while the website promises that technicians are "working on it". Those who are able to log-in to services, for example Outlook, experience further lag inside the service environment when trying to open emails.

Office 365 seems to have been inaccessible by those affected since around 9am this morning.

Users on Twitter report "multiple customers experiencing outages, and accuse Microsoft of "fix[ing] one thing and breaking another".

Microsoft later issued a statement acknowledging there was a problem but claiming it only affected a small number of customers.

"A limited number of customers in Europe may have intermittent access to email on mobile devices, and we're working on a fix," said the statement.

"Customers can access email via Outlook client or Outlook on the web and can visit the O365 Service Health Dashboard for updates."

Office 365's last major outage was on 3 December and included Azure services. It lasted around four hours, and cloud email management firm Mimecast warned at the time that continued outages could begin to have "a detrimental impact on the country".

A further outage took place on 18 December and was attributed more directly to Microsoft's Azure functions.

The outages underline the problems that can occur with cloud-based services, which are becoming increasingly popular with organisations looking to remove the hassle of on-site systems management.

Source
    Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access - IT News from V3.co.uk

hTconeM9user, Feb 21, 2016
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

"The wonders of the Cloud !!" -- Now the I told you so people will be coming out in their droves -- me included.

Imagine if you were a stock exchange trader and you couldn't place your trade because of a glitch in the server -- or you were presented with the wrong price.

I know if you use those graphs for analysis etc as loads of people do before placing trades and it's inaccessible -- bang goes your trade and profit !!.

One lost trade isn't worth the "ostensibly cheaper" option of a subscription to a monthly deal from a cloud server.

I'll leave the cloud where it belongs --In Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Happy with my own (licensed) copy of Office 2016

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Lack of response for Windows 10 and Office 365 problems

Sorry so late to reply but husband is seriously ill in hospital so have little time.

Method 1: Result"Troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem"

Method 2:Black screen entitled C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsreset.exe and a flashing white cursor

It's not just the Store that is the problem. When the computer starts up I can get 1 (and only 1) go at accessing any of the Windows functions on my Task Bar. No Search, Edge. Store or Notifications. I can't start Outlook. Publisher works but extremely slowly
    and Word sometimes works but often doesn't, especially when I try to open files I created only a day or so before when it DID work. It ALWAYS says "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable", but sometimes if I continue to click
    it gives in and lets me access the file.

I have tried in vain to talk to someone at Microsoft, but keep being either put on hold for ages or disconnected. I am paying for the damn things every month and paid $140 for what I was told was 24/7/395 assistance and am just getting the run around.
    If I reinstall Win 10 do I have to delete the current copy first as I believe if I do that I run the risk of losing all my applications and files etc? I just need someone to tell me what to do - in simple language - and help me do it. I can't take it in
    to a shop as I am housebound myself and as my husband will soon be home for palliative care I won't have time anyway. As for finding someone from Microsoft in Australia to speak to on the phone, I think they are an extinct life form.

Smart Arts, Feb 21, 2016
  4. Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access

Lack of response for Windows 10 and Office 365 problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have faced. We'll be happy to assist you further with this issue.

kindly provide more information about the issue to understand and assist you better.

1) What happens when you open Word document, Microsoft Store or other Office 365 application? Do you receive any error code/message?

2) Mention the error message while you try to access store and other Windows application?

1) Regarding Windows Store & application:

Follow the below methods and see if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Windows app troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Reset Windows Store Cache

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.
    • Check if it takes you to a store page which displays that the cache has been reset.
    • Now try to open the store app and check.
    2) Regarding Office 365 application:

I suggest you to post your Office 365 related queries in the following forum for better assistance:

Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue and with the requested information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Feb 21, 2016
  5. Any link from MS?

Not sure on Office 365 for Business, But Office 365 for consumers is not a cloud based system, its the same apps as Office 2016

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access

1. Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access - Similar Threads - Office 365 hit

2. Access Camera from Office 365

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Camera from Office 365: I don´t have access to the camera from Office 365. I have tried with the option of privacy but it is activated in all applications. What can I do? ****Move from Surface**** ***Moderator moved back to Surface from *Microsoft Office Access* the database software***...
  3. Office 365 Home 5 users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 Home 5 users: I currently have Office 365 Personal. Office 365 Home allows up to 5 users. Does that mean I can have up to 5 computers that back up data to the OneDrive cloud storage? I do not want to sync between computers. On my current plan I logged into OneDrive on 2 computers and...
  4. sharepoint access with office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sharepoint access with office 365: how can I use sharepoint for my softball team. I don't belong to a school I belong to a sports organization. I also don't belong to a work organization...
  5. duplicate users in office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate users in office 365 account: in my office 365 account there are two duplicate users - how do i delete one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/duplicate-users-in-office-365-account/03236fdd-3c5c-4d9b-9797-0bcf38f18669
  6. duplicate user accounts in office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate user accounts in office 365: in my office 365 home subscription i have two users - ones i have shared with - accounts -- how do i correct this?...
  7. Updates to the Office 365 user experience

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to the Office 365 user experience: Technology is changing the way people get things done. We’ve picked up the pace. Our work is more collaborative. And we’re blurring the boundaries of time and place. When we ask customers why they continue to choose Office for their most important work, they tell us that they...
  8. Office 365 multiple users

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 multiple users: I know this is a Mac OS question but I feel I have more chance of a good answer on here. It relates to our home subscription of office 365. On windows 10 it works great, one install slot but office 365 applications available to all users of the pc. On Mac a different story,...
  9. GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage

in Windows 10 News
    GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage: Many users of GoDaddy's web hosting services experienced downed websites and email service issues Thursday. GoDaddy said a DNS issue affected access to sites and services and blocked users from connecting within the EU region. As of 1pm EST, some services have been...
  10. Microsoft Office 365 email outage affecting some US customers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Office 365 email outage affecting some US customers: An Office 365 email outage is affecting a number of users who are unable to send or receive messages. Exchange Online Protection's filtering infrastructure could be at fault. Some users are reporting on Twitter that Office 365 email is currently experiencing substantial...