Windows 10: Office 365 multiple users

Discus and support Office 365 multiple users in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I know this is a Mac OS question but I feel I have more chance of a good answer on here. It relates to our home subscription of office 365. On windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Office 365 multiple users

I know this is a Mac OS question but I feel I have more chance of a good answer on here. It relates to our home subscription of office 365. On windows 10 it works great, one install slot but office 365 applications available to all users of the pc. On Mac a different story, multiple accounts again. Installed and available on my user account. But my wife for example, it wants to activate and until it does it is locked down on most features. I thought on Mac it was one install to cover all user accounts. My wife and family use their Microsoft accounts for office but it says they have no license. am I doing this wrong? I suppose I could go to the office account page and share to them but I read for each of them this will take an install slot when they login and use it on the Mac. I don’t want one Mac taking up four install slots.

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 24, 2017
  2. C#S
    C#S Win User

Can you share apps/games within a family?

Only if you buy software that expressly allows that. For example Office 365 can be used by up to 5 users and multiple devices.

3. Access to my Microsoft Word

What type of Office license do you have is it Office 365 or Office 2016? Only Office 365 permits multiple installations.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Office 365 multiple users

This is a good question. I think only one MS account user owns the license, but others that you "Share" with do not. They have to register in order to use it. Or at least that is the way it was with my daughter who has her own lappy. So far as accounts on the same machine I wouldn't know. I would bet that it is a "Share" user, though.

Here's the Office terms and conditions: http://www.totterdells.ie/assets/fil...Office-365.pdf

Here's a shot of my account page:

Office 365 multiple users [​IMG]

Tony K, Sep 25, 2017
  5. I played around with this tonight. Very hesitant but I think I had a result. I went into my wife’s mac acc and opened excel. I tried to activate using her Microsoft ID and it said no license existed so it gave me option to sign in with another account, I chose this and typed my Microsoft ID and password. It activated and when I checked the my office page it still only said 3 installs used (1 mac and 2 windows machines). The even better part (and I don’t know how) but when my wife opens excel in her mac user account it shows her own Microsoft ID as the signed in user despite what I did. It’s all very confusing but it seems I got the outcome I needed without wasting install slots and I haven’t had to ‘share’ anything as far as I can tell

Scottyboy99, Sep 25, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Yes, it gets confusing. Glad it worked out for you. *Smile

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 multiple users

1. Office 365 multiple users - Similar Threads - Office 365 multiple

2. User Office 365 Home version offline?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Office 365 Home version offline?: I have an Office 365 Home account and have found that the web versions of Word, Excel etc. to be fine for day today use. So, I was wondering if there is a way to use them offline in the same way as you can use Google Doc's etc. or do I need to be connected to the internet all...
  3. office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  4. Excel v16 - office 365 - Multiple crashes & hangs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel v16 - office 365 - Multiple crashes & hangs: Hello, see logs of issue with Excel that keeps occuring (there are more but just put those for the moment). I'm looking for advice & troubleshooting steps to try and zone in on the cause of these. One instance of Excel was open in all the crashes & hangs. OS: Windows 10...
  5. Office 365 Home 5 users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 Home 5 users: I currently have Office 365 Personal. Office 365 Home allows up to 5 users. Does that mean I can have up to 5 computers that back up data to the OneDrive cloud storage? I do not want to sync between computers. On my current plan I logged into OneDrive on 2 computers and...
  6. duplicate users in office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate users in office 365 account: in my office 365 account there are two duplicate users - how do i delete one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/duplicate-users-in-office-365-account/03236fdd-3c5c-4d9b-9797-0bcf38f18669
  7. duplicate user accounts in office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate user accounts in office 365: in my office 365 home subscription i have two users - ones i have shared with - accounts -- how do i correct this?...
  8. Office 2016 users (not 365) / EXCEL print

Office 2016 users (not 365) / EXCEL print: Hi folks Office 2016 now apparently is at the same release level as Office 365. Now version 1807. No probs with EXCEL print so perhaps if you had the issue it's fixed by this update. [img] Cheers jimbo 115043
  9. Updates to the Office 365 user experience

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to the Office 365 user experience: Technology is changing the way people get things done. We’ve picked up the pace. Our work is more collaborative. And we’re blurring the boundaries of time and place. When we ask customers why they continue to choose Office for their most important work, they tell us that they...
  10. Office 365 - 79,99$ per for 5 users?

Office 365 - 79,99$ per for 5 users?: Hi there, My office 365 personal is expiring soon. I compared prices and notice that it cost 59.99$ for one person, or 79.99% for 5 users (15$ per person). Is there any discount for one person? It just looks too expensive when I compare to 5 persons *Confused 86121