Windows 10: Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls

Discus and support Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've set up a new Office 365 subscription on my desktop system. I'm gradually moving folders into the OneDrive folder. OneDrive seems to be having a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by KPBidwell, Feb 6, 2016.

1. KPBidwell Win User

Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls

I've set up a new Office 365 subscription on my desktop system. I'm gradually moving folders into the OneDrive folder. OneDrive seems to be having a serious negative effect on network bandwidth for the other computers and tablets on my home network. I'm on the 12 Mbps to 18 Mbps level of service with my provider. I'm moving a few gig at a time into the OneDrive folder and letting it sync before adding more. It seems like Dropbox and Google Drive sync faster than OneDrive but I haven't done any measured comparisons. Certainly we are seeing slower web site load times when OneDrive is syncing.
    The big issue is that OneDrive doesn't have an on/off switch or a pause button on the sync process. You can change the settings to start OneDrive on Windows startup, and that's all. Microsoft needs to provide some controls. What are other people experiencing?

:)

KPBidwell, Feb 6, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

office365

The office 365 account setup is for business. They add their company account to share notes and OneDrive files. It is not for home users.

The phone already has office mobile. There is nothing to add to the phone. Office 365 is for PC and tablet.

If you have Office 365 on a PC the purpose is to share documents with the phone. You do this using your OneDrive. If the PC 365 is not the same account as the phone you can add and account to the OneDrive app on the phone.

garym123, Feb 6, 2016
  3. SHO NUT Win User
    OneDrive Personal recovery from Ransomware

I was recently hit by the David Ransomware, which encrypted my Personal OneDrive via the files that were sync'd locally. I also have Office 365 for Business, which has a separate (unaffected) OneDrive for Business. With my OneDrive for Business, I can
    restore my OneDrive to a previous point in time (such as before the encryption) using the 'Restore my OneDrive' feature under settings.

Does this 'Restore my OneDrive' feature exist in Office 365 Personal with Premium OneDrive Features? If so, I could gladly upgrade my Personal account to Office 365 Personal to use this feature. I've already inquired with the Office 365 Business team, who
    advised that my Personal account cannot be upgraded to a Business account.

Thanks.

SHO NUT, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls

1. Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls - Similar Threads - Office 365 OneDrive

2. Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365: I am very unhappy with 365 that I now have to pay for. When Windows 7 got dumped I bought a copy of Windows 10, downloaded it and could manage OK. I only use Outlook and Word. and Outlook is run by frontier.com Then Windows 10 blew up my computer, Microsoft Tech Support...
  3. Office 365 and OneDrive files sharing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 and OneDrive files sharing: Hi, Like my profile say I'm not an Windows user please don't throw rock at me :P I just grow up with Apple computer ^^ I recently merge my company with an other one. We are Apple base with iCloud Them are Windows base with Office 365 The work is done, we use each...
  4. OneDrive and File Explorer and Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and File Explorer and Office 365: I'm TOTALLY SICK of OneDrive and File Explorer and somewhat of Office 365. Yesterday I downloaded a file created by Microsoft SetupProd_OffScrub.exe that was supposed to auto remove and clean up Office 365. I was tired of Office not showing me or allowing me to choose where...
  5. Unable to disable delivery optimization, insane bandwidth consumption!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to disable delivery optimization, insane bandwidth consumption!: I can't leave my network activity idle for a few hours without finding this terrible service downloading what I can only persume to be windows updates without my permission. I don't have the bandwidth and data to keep updating windows at Microsoft's whim. I have seen this...
  6. office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  7. OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account

OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account: Hi, I'm struggling to get a user logged back into there one drive using there office365 account since resetting there profile. They can log into office.com and see there one drive from there. When i come to log into OneDrive from the users PC i get prompted to click get...
  8. Does office 365 have a onedrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does office 365 have a onedrive?: bradley.austin12 is my student login name. I have office365 installed. I'm going to AIU University. My other Microsoft accounts are scheduled to be deleted....
  9. Installing office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, PC username replaced

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installing office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, PC username replaced: Hi, Before installing Office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, my username to logon to my laptop, was "AJ ANNING" and a specific pAasswAord. Now my username does not show up at logon. "JAMES ANNING" is what shows up, and the username is now my email "xxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com" and...
  10. Office 365

Office 365: Hi Is anyone else having an issue with Office 365 this morning? I logged in earlier all was OK, just turned the PC off and done a few things, when I turn on it is asking me to turn on my auto renewal.... [img] If I go to account options in Outlook [img] I...