Windows 10: Office 365 problem on Win 10 Pro in Virtualbox under Linux Mint

Discus and support Office 365 problem on Win 10 Pro in Virtualbox under Linux Mint in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm running Linux Mint 19.3, Cinnamon edition, and it's up-to-date. I'm also running Windows 10 Pro as a guest in VirtualBox under... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by finnfire, Mar 20, 2020.

1. finnfire Win User

Office 365 problem on Win 10 Pro in Virtualbox under Linux Mint

Hello everyone.

I'm running Linux Mint 19.3, Cinnamon edition, and it's up-to-date.

I'm also running Windows 10 Pro as a guest in VirtualBox under LM. The Win 10 installation is up-to-date - Version 1909, OS build 18363.720. I subscribe to Office 365 Home.

My problem arises when I install Office 365 - either from Microsoft Store or direct from the Office web site. It appears to install correctly but when I run Excel, Word, etc they start correctly but the display in the app has a white background with the occasional black box within it, which is unusable.

However when I attempt to run the virtual machine (in VBox) on a native Windows 10 Home system the apps start and display correctly.

This isn't a deal-breaker because I can use the online apps, or the mobile apps which I install on the Win 10 Pro guest running on LM. (Strangely, I can't find Excel Mobile, for example, in the Microsoft Store. I have to search for it online - which, I guess, is because it's intended for mobile devices not a Win 10 system on a PC.)

Any help/guidance most gratefully received,

Steve

:)

finnfire, Mar 20, 2020
  2. finnfire Win User

Hello everyone.

I'm running Linux Mint 19.3, Cinnamon edition, and it's up-to-date.

I'm also running Windows 10 Pro as a guest in VirtualBox under LM. The Win 10 installation is up-to-date - Version 1909, OS build 18363.720. I subscribe to Office 365 Home.

My problem arises when I install Office 365 - either from Microsoft Store or direct from the Office web site. It appears to install correctly but when I run Excel, Word, etc they start correctly but the display in the app has a white background with the occasional black box within it, which is unusable.

However when I attempt to run the virtual machine (in VBox) on a native Windows 10 Home system the apps start and display correctly.

This isn't a deal-breaker because I can use the online apps, or the mobile apps which I install on the Win 10 Pro guest running on LM. (Strangely, I can't find Excel Mobile, for example, in the Microsoft Store. I have to search for it online - which, I guess, is because it's intended for mobile devices not a Win 10 system on a PC.)

Any help/guidance most gratefully received,

Steve

finnfire, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Compumind Win User

What's the best way to virtualize Linux Mint 19 under W10 Pro?

Hi all -

I'm considering virtualizing Linux Mint 19 if possible under W10 Pro, so I need some ideas...

Found this, but it is not exactly entertaining, lol - need an easier way. Virtualbox? Hyper-V?

Code:
    Suggestions welcome and thanks! *Smile

Compumind, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Office 365 problem on Win 10 Pro in Virtualbox under Linux Mint - Similar Threads - Office 365 problem

2. Problem with Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Office 365 account: Machine is a Dell Inspiron 4477 AIO running Windows 10 1809 and Office 365. Today I decided to check for updates to Office so I opened Excel, chose File/Accounts and got a message saying, "there were problems with my account. To fix them please sign in again." plus a box...
  3. Linux Mint... No internet...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux Mint... No internet...: Just installed Linux Mint on someone's elses laptop (with his permission!) but..... it shows after install that it has connection but no internet... How can I solve this prob??? *Sad 130549
  4. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint: So I have downloaded the Windows 10 Installation ISO and was planning on installing Windows 10, I've mounted the ISO and ran the setup with WINE and it opened up normally , but when I click 'Install now' a error pop-up shows up telling me: 'Windows cannot find a location...
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS

Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS: My laptop came with Windows 10 Pro. I installed Linux Mint which occupies the whole hard drive. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and remove Linux, but when I use the Windows USB installation disk, there is no NTFS on laptop so I can't install. Any ideas please?...
  6. No sound in VMware Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No sound in VMware Linux Mint: I have installed Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (3.8.9) within VMware Workstation 14 Player (version 14.1.3 build-9474260) running on a Windows 10 host (1803 build 17134.285). Sound does not work, although it works perfectly when I run Windows 7 in the same VM. The sound device...
  7. Problem archiving in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem archiving in Office 365: I have been getting error messages when archiving. I have several folders with subfolders. I am getting a error message that I do not understand. The message is: The destination folder (Archive folder) contains items of a different type than the source folder. Verify both the...
  8. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10: I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-removing-linux-mint-and-installing-windows-10/791c4fb4-668e-406b-bccd-9d70bcbb41f0
  9. What's the best way to virtualize Linux Mint 19 under W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    What's the best way to virtualize Linux Mint 19 under W10 Pro?: Hi all - I'm considering virtualizing Linux Mint 19 if possible under W10 Pro, so I need some ideas... Found this, but it is not exactly entertaining, lol - need an easier way. Virtualbox? Hyper-V? Code: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=245587[/quote]...
  10. Office 365 after installling WIn 10 Pro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 after installling WIn 10 Pro: Having successfully upgraded from WIN 7 to WIN 10 on two desktops and then done a clean install of WIN 10 on both I have now downloaded again from my Microsoft Account Office 365 which gives me a licence for 2 PC's. All is working ok but the strange thing is that my MS...