Windows 10: Office 365 questions

Discus and support Office 365 questions in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have not tried office 365 before, I read about it but I still have some questions. Q1. What happens if you no longer subscribe to office 365 or lose... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by comcom, Mar 15, 2020.

1. comcom Win User

Office 365 questions

I have not tried office 365 before, I read about it but I still have some questions.

Q1. What happens if you no longer subscribe to office 365 or lose the password, will you lose past your documents that you created using office 365?

Q2. Does office 365 allow you to save documents into your own computer?

Q3. I assume office 365 is very similar (or a little more extra features since it is always updated) to office 2019 since office 2019 is the latest one time payment version now, and office 365 works just like office 2019?

Q4. Can anyone else see my documents created with office 365 or delete it? I heard there is some admin that can see other office 365 documents, how do I know if someone else is looking/accessing my data?

Q5. Can I set office 365 to never save in onedrive/cloud and only save documents to my pc?

Q6. I read that office 365 does not require internet and can work offline but need to go online every 30 days to maintain your subscription, does it mean assuming if I do not have internet for 100 days, on the 30th day my office 365 would stop working even though my subscription has not ended?

Thanks

:)

comcom, Mar 15, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Mar 15, 2020
  3. lZKoce Win User
    Office 2013 a.k.a Office 365 question

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine this weekend. I was looking into the upcoming Office 2013 suite and I have a simple question I couldn't find the answer for. Currently a preview of Office 2013 is running in the form of Office 365. Looking at the retail prices for the final versions and the differences between the packages I came to the conclusion that a stand alone edition is quite expensive and limited. Say I need one license for me, one for my parents, one for my girlfriend, anyway. So a free version of Office 365 is available now. As far as I get it, if I sign up for Office 365 Home Premium I get to install it to 5 PCs and it will be active until 60 days after the release date- that's in May, so around June-July I should be able to use the applications. What I am asking is do I need to be constantly on-line in order to use Word? Is office 365 only on the cloud service of Microsoft>? or I could be offline writing my university project? Because it says it saves the documents by default to the cloud>? Does that mean that in order to create a document my mom has to be on-line as well>?

lZKoce, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Office 365 questions

Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Office 365 questions

1. Office 365 questions - Similar Threads - Office 365 questions

2. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about renewing a office 365 account: Need to talk to a support agent about changing office 365 account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-renewing-a-office-365-account/4436cbd4-ac01-4c25-af98-c5da3157acd4
  3. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about renewing a office 365 account: Need to talk to a support agent about changing office 365 account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-renewing-a-office-365-account/4436cbd4-ac01-4c25-af98-c5da3157acd4
  4. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licence question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licence question: Hi!We have Microsoft 365 Business Standard licences for 43 users and we bought Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licences plan 1 for 2 users two weeks ago.Now it seems to us that all Defender plan 1 settings are available for our all 43 users. Am I right? We bought only 2...
  6. Office 365 ProPlus questions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 ProPlus questions: Our company just upgraded to windows 10 with this software package and I have a couple of questions/issues that I am trying to resolve, both in outlook. The add in group is not shown in the home tab of outlook ribbon. Most everything that I have read indicates that this...
  7. Question about Office 365 and Office 2019

Question about Office 365 and Office 2019: Hi I haven't used Office for decades but in this summer I 'd probably purchase Office 2019 because of local summer deals I'd like to know. Could Office 2019 synchronize files to One Drive cloud? Another question is - If it could, and I use the Office on public PC or PC of...
  8. Office 365 question

Office 365 question: I own and have installed an activated version of Office 365. I can use any one of my apps without being signed in to Office—which is how I prefer to work. The product, as you would assume, still shows a proper license and is activated. Suddenly, Outlook will only work if I...
  9. Upgrading from Office 2016 to 365 and Outlook questions

Upgrading from Office 2016 to 365 and Outlook questions: Currently I have Office 2016 installed. I am not using OneDrive to store my files on (limited capacity). As for Outlook : data is stored locally in .pst files. I have quite multiple .pst files: multiple email accounts (Outlook, Gmail and ISP provided account), obviously all...
  10. Office 365 Questions

Office 365 Questions: I just helped a friend reinstall Office 365 after a virus incident. In a nutshell, she started seeing messages about ransomware, figured out that she malware, and took it to a local computer store to get the malware removed. In the process, the guy at the store advised her...