Windows 10: Office 365 - removing recent documents

Discus and support Office 365 - removing recent documents in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; [img] - how do I remove an entry from the list of recent documents that shows when My Office opens..?? 99331 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by BugMeister, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Office 365 - removing recent documents

Office 365 - removing recent documents [​IMG]

- how do I remove an entry from the list of recent documents that shows when My Office opens..??

:)

BugMeister, Nov 30, 2017
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

Setting up Office 365 on Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows Mobile 8)

The Office 365 option is there if you have an Office 365 subscription. It sounds from what you're saying that you don't (and correct me if I'm wrong).

If you don't have an Office 365 subscription, you can simply ignore that option and continue to use the Office hub with SkyDrive or locally on the phone.

You're saying that you're unable to create Office documents. You can't create Office documents within your SkyDrive "place", so you need to create it locally on your phone and then use "Save As" to upload it to SkyDrive. To create document locally, just
    swipe across to the "recent" page and hit the "+" button.

And yes, it does seem weird that you can't create a document from within a "place"....

[ Pete ], Nov 30, 2017
  3. WmsRandy Win User
    Office App for WP8 Doesn't Sync

I recently purchased a Lumia 928 phone and migrated my PC to Office 365 for Midsize Business. Microsoft has finally stepped in a big way, integrating Outlook, SkyDrive, Office 365, Lync etc. The future for Microsoft and its users looks promising.

When I log into the Office app, there is a screen called "places". One of the items is Office 365. When I click on it, it asks me to add an account, and then when I type in my Office 365 account, it replies "Account already exists". So if the account already
    exists, why can't I click on Office 365 and open it up?

My personal SkyDrive shows on the Office App, which is associated with my personal email, ie *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I would also like to show my SkyDrive Pro as one of the "places". How do I add it?

FYI, when I look at the list of documents on the Office App, it shows documents sorted by date, which come from SkyDrive and SkyDrive Pro. How do I fix this situation?

WmsRandy, Nov 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Office 365 - removing recent documents

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.

philc43, Nov 30, 2017
  5. - doesn't seem to work with Office2007
    - there is no option to remove entries from Recent Documents in Office2007 Powerpoint

- is it worth having Office2007 as well as Office 365?
    - maybe, I should just uninstall Office2007 and rely entirely on Office365

- any thoughts?*Confused

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 - removing recent documents

1. Office 365 - removing recent documents - Similar Threads - Office 365 removing

2. Office 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office 365: I downloaded a file but, when I try to open it I am directed to the Microsoft subscription page. I just purchased my subscription 8 months ago. or it ask me to choose how I want to open it but none of the options work....
  3. Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365: I am very unhappy with 365 that I now have to pay for. When Windows 7 got dumped I bought a copy of Windows 10, downloaded it and could manage OK. I only use Outlook and Word. and Outlook is run by frontier.com Then Windows 10 blew up my computer, Microsoft Tech Support...
  4. micrsoft office 365 not showing recent open files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    micrsoft office 365 not showing recent open files.: Microsoft office 365 not showing recent open files. I have looked at all the answers and solutions noted by others but none of them work for me. This is happening both on the start menu icons for excel and word and the task bar ones also....
  5. office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  6. office 365

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    office 365: i have purchased office personal and do not have a clue what to do with it or start it, you have taken payment and i can not find it anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/238d8691-2530-49d6-9233-1657530cc4a9"
  7. Removing unnecessary components of Office 365 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unnecessary components of Office 365 Home: I purchased and installed Office 365 but I am not going to use some of the apps included. Is there a way to remove these apps or reinstall entire Office 365 but without these apps. Thank you in advance...
  8. Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update.: Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update. It is inconvenient to open Word and search for a file. Is there a solution?...
  9. Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365: Hi Is anyone else having an issue with Office 365 this morning? I logged in earlier all was OK, just turned the PC off and done a few things, when I turn on it is asking me to turn on my auto renewal.... [img] If I go to account options in Outlook [img] I...
  10. Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents: Since the Creators Upgrade, any Office 365 app, e.g. MSWord does not have option to browse for files in the Documents folder. If I try to browse, It goes to "This PC" and to "not responding". It automatically inserts "Sky Drive" which is probably the problem but I haven't...