Windows 10: Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app

Discus and support Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to get access to shared mailboxes using the Windows 10 native app. I managed to do this in the Android Outlook app, but no luck so far on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erwin van den Berg, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app

I want to get access to shared mailboxes using the Windows 10 native app. I managed to do this in the Android Outlook app, but no luck so far on the Windows app. I have found some threads about it like:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/can-you-add-shared-mailboxes-in-windows-10-mail/d393ab65-01b6-446e-a1f9-d72f7e361923

That actually links to:

https://www.itgeekrambling.co.uk/windows-10-mobile-accessing-office-365-shared-mailboxes/

But this method does not work on the Windows app.

:)

Erwin van den Berg, Oct 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mail: how to access an Office365 shared mailbox

I have created a shared mailbox in Office 365 (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). I can access this mailbox in the Outlook web-client, but not in the mail-client of Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile (insider preview).

Is there a workaround for accessing a shared mailbox in Windows 10 Mail?

Will support for shared mailboxes be added to Windows 10 Mail any time soon?

johanvanruth, Oct 22, 2020
  3. PeterJ954 Win User
    Setup outlook on Windows 10 phone to access Office 365 shared mailbox

How do I configure Outlook on Windows 10 phone to access a shared mailbox on Office 365?

PeterJ954, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app

Windows 10 Mail App - access shared mailbox

Hi

Am trying to add a shared mailbox in the Win 10 Mail app; I've added it in Outlook. I've added it in the Office 365 Outlook Web app. But can't see how to access it in the desktop Mail app - and I think I rly think I like the look of it so it would be great
    to use it as my default mail app.

Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thx

Alex

Alex O'Donovan, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app

1. Office 365 shared mailbox access in Windows 10 native mail app - Similar Threads - Office 365 shared

2. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook: Has a solution been found that lets MS tools like the Photos App and the Snip & Sketch App default to Outlook part of my MS Office 365 install rather than native Mail?...
  3. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook: Has a solution been found that lets MS tools like the Photos App and the Snip & Sketch App default to Outlook part of my MS Office 365 install rather than native Mail?...
  4. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Office 365 not syncing with Mail app on Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Office 365 not syncing with Mail app on Surface: I keep trying to use my new Office 365 email on my Mail app on the Surface and it keeps telling me it can't find the settings. I then try and use the Mail settings use for POP3 settings and it just errors for me....
  6. Unable to sign into Office 365 Businss using native Windows 10 Calendar/Mail apps

Unable to sign into Office 365 Businss using native Windows 10 Calendar/Mail apps: Hi all, I have been trying to link my Windows 10 Pro machine Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 to my Office 365 Business account so that I can integrate my calendar and mail into the native Windows 10 apps. However when I do so, the sign in fails, and the dialog returns with...
  7. Can you add shared mailboxes in Windows 10 Mail App

Can you add shared mailboxes in Windows 10 Mail App: We are wanting to add multiple shared mailboxes in the Windows 10 Mail App however i haven't found how to do this. I know you can in Office 365 Mail but not the App. Has this feature been added yet?...
  8. How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox: When you have a situation of a user having full access and send as access on a shared mailbox and the user sends an email send-as or on behalf of a Shared Mailbox, the sent item will be saved in the user’s mailbox and not in the Shared Mailbox. To fix this, there is not...
  9. Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App: In W10 Mail App we can change the sync mailbox settings to 'based on my usage', 'manually' and sever time periods. What exactly do the first two mean? And how can we manually sync them; is there a button to do so? Thank you. 84400
  10. Mail App shows Get Office 365 ad

Mail App shows Get Office 365 ad: Has anyone else seen the Get Office 365 (lower left bottom below folders) ad in Windows Mail app version 17.9126.21055.0? Microsoft is leaving no stone un-turned. 106608