Windows 10: Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path

Discus and support Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, again and most of the time struggling with some Microsoft surprises after almost every 5th or so update. This time, beside 2 other problems, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrejPirman, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path

Hi,

again and most of the time struggling with some Microsoft surprises after almost every 5th or so update. This time, beside 2 other problems, one weird one came up: My documents folder problem.

I have configured My Documents folder to be located under OneDrive folder, so I have it synced among all my computers. But now after latest MS update, Office and only Office apps begun offering me one new location in D: drive for "My Documents" suggestion, when I click Save As on any document:

D:\Andrej\Documents

#$&!#!!!!????

:)

AndrejPirman, Apr 15, 2021

2. Office 365 - removing recent documents

Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path [​IMG]

- how do I remove an entry from the list of recent documents that shows when My Office opens..??

BugMeister, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Apr 15, 2021
  4. lZKoce Win User

Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path

Office 2013 a.k.a Office 365 question

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine this weekend. I was looking into the upcoming Office 2013 suite and I have a simple question I couldn't find the answer for. Currently a preview of Office 2013 is running in the form of Office 365. Looking at the retail prices for the final versions and the differences between the packages I came to the conclusion that a stand alone edition is quite expensive and limited. Say I need one license for me, one for my parents, one for my girlfriend, anyway. So a free version of Office 365 is available now. As far as I get it, if I sign up for Office 365 Home Premium I get to install it to 5 PCs and it will be active until 60 days after the release date- that's in May, so around June-July I should be able to use the applications. What I am asking is do I need to be constantly on-line in order to use Word? Is office 365 only on the cloud service of Microsoft>? or I could be offline writing my university project? Because it says it saves the documents by default to the cloud>? Does that mean that in order to create a document my mom has to be on-line as well>?

lZKoce, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path

1. Office 365 somehow created its own "My Documents" path - Similar Threads - Office 365 somehow

2. windows lost the path to my onedrive/documents folder and office files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows lost the path to my onedrive/documents folder and office files: Windows cannot find 'C:\users\clayw\onedrive.... .docx' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.I open up my file explorer and click on any office type file. It seems to lost the path to MS office. But when I open 365 in the browser, I can get to those files. But...
  3. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  4. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  5. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel: I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not a coder I used the easy process of recording my actions in 2012. I upgraded my PC last year with Office 365 Premium. The...
  7. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...
  8. Office 365 - uninstall before installing own copy of Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 - uninstall before installing own copy of Office?: Hi... My lady friend of the moment has been given an Asus Vivobook as a birthday present. It's a basic unit with an 11.6'' screen which she'd like to use instead of her laptop, when she needs something lighter and easily carried. The Asus comes loaded with Windows...
  9. Office 365 - removing recent documents

Office 365 - removing recent documents: [img] - how do I remove an entry from the list of recent documents that shows when My Office opens..?? 99331
  10. Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents: Since the Creators Upgrade, any Office 365 app, e.g. MSWord does not have option to browse for files in the Documents folder. If I try to browse, It goes to "This PC" and to "not responding". It automatically inserts "Sky Drive" which is probably the problem but I haven't...