Windows 10: Office 365 sometimes unable to start

Discus and support Office 365 sometimes unable to start in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Out of nowhere in last few days I boot up and try to launch an office program such as word or excel and get met after several seconds of nothing with a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Office 365 sometimes unable to start

Out of nowhere in last few days I boot up and try to launch an office program such as word or excel and get met after several seconds of nothing with a dialogue box of blah, blah, excel, or winword is unable to start and some innocuous code. Press ok to close. And it just won't open no matter how many times I try unless I restart machine. Anybody else see this? I wonder if the latest public build is buggy but it only happened at weekend for first time. Fine for several boots after and then happens again tonight. I looged out and in but no different so had to restart machine where upon it is fine again. Any ideas? I wonder if it's something to do with that new home/splash page MS seems to be pushing on 365 users causing aggro. I checked reliability history and no errors in here to do with office but it does seem to coincide with a COM surrogate has stopped working message

My gut feeling is it's a bug playing up and next slew of office updates will fix it (maybe something in v1809 which I am on not playing nice) but a slight concern nonetheless

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 12, 2018

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Unable to copy cells in excel (office 365) on WP8

I am unable to copy the cells in excel (office 365) on WP8, please suggests.

R PUSPALAK, Nov 12, 2018
  4. esmorax Win User

Office 365 sometimes unable to start

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Office 365 sometimes unable to start [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 sometimes unable to start

1. Office 365 sometimes unable to start - Similar Threads - Office 365 sometimes

2. Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365: I am very unhappy with 365 that I now have to pay for. When Windows 7 got dumped I bought a copy of Windows 10, downloaded it and could manage OK. I only use Outlook and Word. and Outlook is run by frontier.com Then Windows 10 blew up my computer, Microsoft Tech Support...
  3. Office 365 Applications unable to open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 365 Applications unable to open: "This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." This is the error message I get when trying to open any office 365 applications. I'm not really sure when this actually happened, because I have not...
  4. Office 365 Applications unable to open

Office 365 Applications unable to open: "This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it." This is the error message I get when trying to open any office 365 applications. I'm not really sure when this actually happened, because I have not...
  5. office 365

office 365: I did not install publisher when i installed "home office 365." How do I now find and install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365/720b03d8-673f-4b53-ad3c-0918ab23bdc0
  6. Unable to subscribe to Office 365!

Unable to subscribe to Office 365!: This is what I get every time Error Details Try that again Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. jXX/Ap/fbk69tKoV.22 2019/11/06 - 23:35:27 UTC And it has been like that for months. Any idea?...
  7. unable to install Office 365

unable to install Office 365: dear sir, I bought one office package online but when I am installing it is giving the following errors on step 3 Sorry, we can't set up your account right now Hang on to your product key, and try again later. If this happens again, contact support. Correlation ID:...
  8. Office 365 programs: Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000142

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 programs: Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000142: For a day and half now, I've been unable to run Office 365 programs. I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, build 18362.267. It was updated 8/10/19 and has been working fine since. Windows does not find any new updates. Microsoft Office 365 - en-us, 16.0.11929.20254 is...
  9. Office 365

Office 365: Hi Is anyone else having an issue with Office 365 this morning? I logged in earlier all was OK, just turned the PC off and done a few things, when I turn on it is asking me to turn on my auto renewal.... [img] If I go to account options in Outlook [img] I...
  10. MS Excel 365 sometimes won't start

MS Excel 365 sometimes won't start: Using windows 10 64 bit version 1709 on a desktop PC. About once a week or so, Excel has trouble opening and crashes up to 8 times before finally recovering and opening. There are no error messages or BSODs, just slow to open, and a trail of failures in the Reliability...