Windows 10: Office 365 still working two years after cancellation

Discus and support Office 365 still working two years after cancellation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have a Microsoft Office 365 business account that I ordered through my service provider. About two years ago I cancelled it, but left it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dr3ams, Aug 19, 2021.

1. dr3ams Win User

Office 365 still working two years after cancellation

I used to have a Microsoft Office 365 business account that I ordered through my service provider. About two years ago I cancelled it, but left it installed on my PC. It is still 100% functional. I'm not sure how this is possible. Anyone have a clue?

By-the-way, the reason why I cancelled the subscription is because I switched to LibreOffice.

dr3ams, Aug 19, 2021

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Aug 19, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    office 365 vs office 2013

Not really. Office 365 Home Premium is the equivalent to Office Professional. Office Professional is $390 and you can only install it on one PC. Office 365 is $99.99 a year and you can install it on up to 5 PCs. So even if you have just one PC, it would take almost 4 years for 365 to match the cost of the stand alone version. And if you have 2 PCs the cost for the stand alone version soars to $780, thats almost 8 years of paying for 365...

newtekie1, Aug 19, 2021
  4. RCoon Win User

office 365 vs office 2013

They are the same, 365 has less money making schemes, but dumps everything on the cloud.
    365 is online, 2013 is 100% offline.
    Also 365 will cost more in the longrun, especially if you dont upgrade for 3 years.

RCoon, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Office 365 still working two years after cancellation - Similar Threads - Office 365 still

2. Cancel office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel office 365: I’ve tried multiple times to cancel office 365. I have no option on Apple to cancel and everytime I click manage subscription on office it bounces back to my office home page, leaving me to repeat the process again. I’ve tried the online support but no one has ever called me...
  3. Cancel office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel office 365: I’ve tried multiple times to cancel office 365. I have no option on Apple to cancel and everytime I click manage subscription on office it bounces back to my office home page, leaving me to repeat the process again. I’ve tried the online support but no one has ever called me...
  4. Cancel office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Canceling a subscription to Microsoft 365 for a year that I paid for by accident

Canceling a subscription to Microsoft 365 for a year that I paid for by accident: I'm trying to canceling a subscription to Microsoft 365 for a year that I paid for by accident everytime I try and contact customer service but it won't accept it when I put my number in for a call back and just say 'Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.'...
  6. Canceling a subscription to Microsoft 365 for a year that I paid for by accident

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Canceling a subscription to Microsoft 365 for a year that I paid for by accident: I'm trying to canceling a subscription to Microsoft 365 for a year that I paid for by accident everytime I try and contact customer service but it won't accept it when I put my number in for a call back and just say 'Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.'...
  7. Office 365 still working two years after cancellation

Office 365 still working two years after cancellation: I used to have a Microsoft Office 365 business account that I ordered through my service provider. About two years ago I cancelled it, but left it installed on my PC. It is still 100% functional. I'm not sure how this is possible. Anyone have a clue? By-the-way, the reason...
  8. Two step Verification and Office 365

Two step Verification and Office 365: Hi, Since the two step has been activated, I cannot access emails from the Outlook desktop app. It works on iOS and webmail though It keeps asking for credentials, but nothing happens. I tried my usual password and the app password, but nothing changes. Help much...
  9. Office 365 1 year versus lifetime

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 1 year versus lifetime: Having had a one-off Office 97 for years (yes I know), I must upgrade my technology. What I see regarding Office 365 is that you can pay about £50 for a one-year subscription. What happens after a year? Does it stop working unless you can renew online somehow for a further...
  10. cancel MS Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    cancel MS Office 365: Hello Folks: I need help to get rid of Office 365. For some reason, when I attempt to log in I get a message telling me my computer is sending out spam. Since this computer has just been serviced, with a clean reinstallation of Window 10, I don't believe it. I have...