Windows 10: office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i...

Discus and support office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i did the upgrade for office 365 i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i get it all back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesVan Arsdale, Aug 10, 2020.

1. office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i...

when i did the upgrade for office 365 i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i get it all back

:)

CharlesVan Arsdale, Aug 10, 2020
  2. NEURO2015 Win User

Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

Greetings,

I was referred by Brink to ask my question here.

I'm going to upgrade from Office 2007 to an Office 365 subscription, but can't find any reliable how-to information or confirmation that I can import the .PST with all the thousands of emails, contacts, calendar appointments, etc. from my Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365 without losing anything.

Brink has a new tutorial for going from Office 2010+ to 365 (Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file), but it's unknown if this will also work upgrading from Outlook 2007, so he referred me here to post my question.

Over the last few days, I searched the MS Office support site & forums for the process of successfully importing all my Outlook 2007 content to 365, but there's nothing concrete and most info leads down several other rabbit holes.

So...if anyone has a tried & tested method or links to instructions on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

NEURO2015, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

Importing an Outlook 2007 PST file to Outlook 2016 which is the current Outlook / Office version used by O365 should go without issues. According to Microsoft, procedure to import 2007 PST to 2016 is the same than if importing 2010 and 2013 PST files:

office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i... [​IMG]

Screenshot from Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file - Office Support

However, there shouldn't be any reason to import it. If you uninstall Office 2007 from Settings > Apps or Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features, the PST file is left in the system, only Office programs being uninstalled. Do not manually delete any Office folders after uninstall has finished!

A restart is recommended after uninstalling Office.

When you then install Office 2016 (O365) and launch Outlook 2016 first time, it should pick up the previous PST files automatically.

Of course, as in computing you need to always be prepared for unwanted and surprising outcome, I would do the version upgrade like this:
    • Backup (copy) your PST files to a safe location or export all mail folders to a new PST file, for instance creating a folder Outlook_Export in your users folder and using it as backup location.
    • Uninstall Office 2007, restart.
    • Install Office 2016, launch Outlook 2016.
    That's it. Outlook 2016 should find your PST files and all your mail items should be there. The exporting was done just to be sure; if for any reason Outlook 2016 does not show your emails, you can import the backed up PST files manually.

4. office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i...

I upgraded to Office 365 but my contact list has disappeared hoe do I retrieve this?

I upgraded to Office 365 from Outlook 2010 but my email contact list has disappeared how do I retrieve it?

KatrinaArnold1, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i...

1. office 365 upgrade when i did the upgrade i lost my outlook and all my contacts how do i... - Similar Threads - office 365 upgrade

2. I lost my upgrade to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my upgrade to pro?: I've updated my Windows version to Pro from home inside a Microsoft user, in microsoft store. But i need to restart my laptop and create a local administrator user, can i keep this upgrade or i will lose it?Thank you...
  3. I lost my upgrade to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my upgrade to pro?: I've updated my Windows version to Pro from home inside a Microsoft user, in microsoft store. But i need to restart my laptop and create a local administrator user, can i keep this upgrade or i will lose it?Thank you...
  4. i lost all my Microsoft office how do i get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost all my Microsoft office how do i get it back?: How do I get the office program back to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-all-my-microsoft-office-how-do-i-get-it/6657020d-6449-4cdb-af32-00240027d286
  5. How do I reinstall my Office 365?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reinstall my Office 365?: I accidently deleted my entire Office 365 while cleaning out some programs. I have an annual plan. How do I reinstall without paying again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-my-office-365/67fe8d08-346c-4364-8cff-60b265b7bbda
  6. How do I Create a Group Contact List in Office Outlook 365?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I Create a Group Contact List in Office Outlook 365?: I have searched high and low for a way to create a group contact list in Outlook, but so far, I'm coming up empty. I have the latest Microsoft Office Family & Student. For now, I have my group of contacts saved in a Word document (contact;contact;contact) so I can copy and...
  7. I upgraded from Office 365 to Office 2019. All of my icloud email subfolders are gone. How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded from Office 365 to Office 2019. All of my icloud email subfolders are gone. How...: I upgraded my personal computer from Office 365 to Office 2019. I recently lost my job & spent hours transferring all of my emails. I spent the extra money for Office 2019 to keep Outlook. I now can not see any of my email folders nor can I sync my calendar. This is...
  8. I upgraded to Office 365 but my contact list has disappeared hoe do I retrieve this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I upgraded to Office 365 but my contact list has disappeared hoe do I retrieve this?: I upgraded to Office 365 from Outlook 2010 but my email contact list has disappeared how do I retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-to-office-365-but-my-contact-list-has/bfdfb3db-7d36-4088-85b6-7a01b9f8e239"
  9. I lost my Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost my Office 365: My laptop send me a message: AppVlsvSubsystem32.dll was not found Can you help me please? Best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-office-365/ab039f5f-365e-4d96-b5f1-19591021ddd8
  10. Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365: Greetings, I was referred by Brink to ask my question here. I'm going to upgrade from Office 2007 to an Office 365 subscription, but can't find any reliable how-to information or confirmation that I can import the .PST with all the thousands of emails, contacts, calendar...