Windows 10: Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

Discus and support Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This is an old thread but I've come across a fix on the Microsoft Office forum. One of the things I tried was to disable Malwarebytes, then reboot but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fireberd, Apr 12, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

This is an old thread but I've come across a fix on the Microsoft Office forum. One of the things I tried was to disable Malwarebytes, then reboot but the problems persisted. I found the fix which requires uninstalling Malwarebytes, reboot the PC, check Office and apps work perfect (e.g. the browse function works correctly), then reinstall Malwarebytes and the Office apps are still working properly.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

1. Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents - Similar Threads - Office 365 allow

2. Why can't I open document files in Microsoft 365 Office?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open document files in Microsoft 365 Office?: Good evening, I encountered a problem that creates inconvenience when working with documents: when opening a document, it wants to choose in which program to open it, but Microsoft 365 is not in the list. "Catastrophic Failure" error in my opinion due to UWP app. I can edit...
  3. Why can't I open document files in Microsoft 365 Office?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open document files in Microsoft 365 Office?: Good evening, I encountered a problem that creates inconvenience when working with documents: when opening a document, it wants to choose in which program to open it, but Microsoft 365 is not in the list. "Catastrophic Failure" error in my opinion due to UWP app. I can edit...
  4. Uploaded office 365 and now 2 computers will not allow apps to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploaded office 365 and now 2 computers will not allow apps to open: PLEASE HELP! I have 4 computers with office 365 . I have 5 computers total. I loaded up a 5th new computer and now 2 of my computers with windows 11 basically open to the desktop and I can NOT open any apps on 2 of my computers. This is just bizarre. My office 365 are bought...
  5. Uploaded office 365 and now 2 computers will not allow apps to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploaded office 365 and now 2 computers will not allow apps to open: PLEASE HELP! I have 4 computers with office 365 . I have 5 computers total. I loaded up a 5th new computer and now 2 of my computers with windows 11 basically open to the desktop and I can NOT open any apps on 2 of my computers. This is just bizarre. My office 365 are bought...
  6. Office 365 Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 Not Opening: My Office 365 has stopped opening on my desktop, I keep getting Application Error 0xc0000142. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-not-opening/c9b9aa4a-bcd9-45db-947a-c6a8beb29cc4
  7. Office 365 or Open Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 or Open Office?: Hi Guys I am slowly converting from my Chromebook to a new new laptop with W10 on it. As I exchange and support someone who is not too PC savvy, I am wondering if I am better sending him files using Open Office or 365 Office. On this new laptop, I inherited the 12 month...
  8. Printing any document on any printer open Office 365 screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing any document on any printer open Office 365 screen: I print on any program (Word, Excel, Poblisher, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Google Chrome, Brave, etc) on any of my two printers (Xerox CQ8900 and Epson Stylus NX515) and it keeps opening that annoying Office 365 screen. I close the screen and when I print again, it opens that...
  9. Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update.: Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update. It is inconvenient to open Word and search for a file. Is there a solution?...
  10. Office 365 - removing recent documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 - removing recent documents: [img] - how do I remove an entry from the list of recent documents that shows when My Office opens..?? 99331