Windows 10: Office Accounts no longer exist - no access to OneDrive

Discus and support Office Accounts no longer exist - no access to OneDrive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC was hacked and within 4 seconds I had been logged out of my office accounts they had been taken over by **** Yes I have the full email address of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BigD63, Dec 5, 2020.

1. BigD63 Win User

Office Accounts no longer exist - no access to OneDrive

My PC was hacked and within 4 seconds I had been logged out of my office accounts they had been taken over by **** Yes I have the full email address of the hacker that did this. I am so tempted to post it here. He left one last office login window open that contained his full email. I worked with Microsoft to try and recover OneDrive and the office logins without success the two accounts "no longer exist". What I don't understand is how can Microsoft have no record or our accounts and a backup of OneDrive. I have lots of files from 11/19 on my PC and system messages leading up to the exact time the attack finished. I believe he pulled outlook files, browser files and my entire OneDrive. McAfee and Windows Security didn't react at all. For the life of me I cannot figure out how he got in. I am about ready to do a full system restore but wanted to post here first on what happened in case someone might have an idea where to look for how he accessed.

:)

BigD63, Dec 5, 2020
  2. brettdj Win User

Move files from Onedrive account to Office 365 account

Background

1. I have a Onedrive account linked to my Microsoft account that I use
      to back-up my personal files.
    2. I now have separately been granted an Office 365 account, which comes
      with unlimited storage.

Issue

As I am paying a fee (albeit small) to extend the size of the
    Onedrive capacity linked to my Microsoft account, I am keen to move
    some files between the two systems. The files I am looking to move
    exist only online.

A number of tools offer functionality to handle files between cloud accounts, ie

Howvever both these options do not recognise attempts to connect to the Office 365 Account (they work with Microsoft Accounts only).

Question

Is there a way to move the files without a two-stage download (to pc), then upload (to Office 365)?

brettdj, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Andy VS Win User

Transferring Office 365/Onedrive after death of owner

My father recently died. He helpfully left details of his passwords so the family could access his computer files, including his MS office365 personal/onedrive account.

I am now trying to set things up in my mothers name so she can continue to access this info/facilities via her own hotmail email account (for example Dad's office365 personal account is due for annual renewal on 3 Jan 2019 and i would like to transfer this
    into her name/email address).

What I would like to know is how to do this.

I have tried to change the email account associated with log in to using the following method (I got this info off the Xbox support page):

1. Step 1: Add a new email address or phone number. Sign in to your Microsoft account. ...
    2. Step 2: Set the new email address as your primary alias. ...
    3. Step 3: Remove the email address you no longer want to use to sign in.

But when I try and put Mum's hotmail account address in it says this address is already associated an account so doesn't seem to let me do this.

So to recap - my ideal solution is to change the email address associated to my fathers microsoft account to my mums hotmail address and have nothing else about the account change, so she can continue to use all the existing saved files and facilities of
    Office 365 using her own login rather than my late fathers. Is this possible?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

Andy VS, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Office Accounts no longer exist - no access to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Office Accounts longer

2. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  3. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  4. Removing an old no-longer-existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an old no-longer-existing Microsoft account: Inherited a fairly new computer at work. Former user left the company.There is a Microsoft account for the former user in Settings/Email and Accounts. When you click on it and click "Manage" a small windows flashes by very quickly and disappears right away.If I select my...
  5. admin account email no longer exists

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin account email no longer exists: The email account for the administrator of the pc no longer exists how do you update administrator account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-email-no-longer-exists/35f4f367-3dd5-4c87-9750-e0974b74393c
  6. No longer access to admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer access to admin account: I am the sole user of this pc but can no longer get full access to the Powershell or upgrade my current admin status to change user options. Also File Explorer does not function correctly eg It will not let me rename any directory and instead just closes itself....
  7. Remove OneDrive and Email Account on Windows for Office365 Account I No Longer Have Access To

Remove OneDrive and Email Account on Windows for Office365 Account I No Longer Have Access To: I was a contractor for a company, and they gave me an office 365 email address and one drive account that I used on my computer. I've since ended my contract with that company, and no longer have access to that office365 account. However, I can't remove the onedrive or...
  8. Microsoft outlook is trying to log into an office 365 that no longer exists

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft outlook is trying to log into an office 365 that no longer exists: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ninjakiller218 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0ypa/microsoft_outlook_is_trying_to_log_into_an_office/
  9. TRYING TO ACCESS MY EXISTING EMAIL ACCOUNT ON MICRO. OFFICE 365

TRYING TO ACCESS MY EXISTING EMAIL ACCOUNT ON MICRO. OFFICE 365: Each time I attempt, by clicking onto the mail icon, it sends me to the outlook screen and forces me to set it up...when I do, it then sends me a notice that there is already an "existing account" with that info. This is true...the problem is that I can't find a way to access...
  10. Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists: At one time, I had Windows 2013 on my desktop computer. At some point I upgraded to Office 2016 and uninstalled Office 2013. However, every day for weeks now, Windows Update has tried (unsuccessfully) to install the following: Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013...