Windows 10: Office and other programs not starting whenever Windows 10 updates.

Discus and support Office and other programs not starting whenever Windows 10 updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, As title stated, all the office program, plus adobe acrobat, do not start after a windows update. Upon clicking a file .pdf, .xlsx, .docx,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JonathanGiunta99, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Office and other programs not starting whenever Windows 10 updates.

Hello,

As title stated, all the office program, plus adobe acrobat, do not start after a windows update.

Upon clicking a file .pdf, .xlsx, .docx, it shows the loading circle near the pointer, as if something's loading, then, after a couple seconds, just stops.

I've tried everything:

• Run as admin;
    • Run with every compatibility mode;
    • Run in safe mode;
    • Repair;
    • Uninstall and reinstall;
    • Uninstall, delete folders and then reinstall
    • Doing everything written above both to a file and to the executable itself.

The issue usually resolves itself after 5-10 restarts, and i waste about 30 min to an hour doing these steps everytime just to not work and restart again.

This happened to almost every Windows 10 update, and on multiple PCs. The PCs aren't the cause, since they are different brands with different components.

I was wondering if there's any solution to this

Thank you

:)

JonathanGiunta99, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Update for Office 2003 (KB907417) - Error 0x80096004

Hi Mary,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if computer is trying to update Office 2003 software.

I would like to inform you that all the application except Windows 10
    default apps will be removed when you performed a Reset of the computer.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you checked whether Office application is present on the Control Panel program list or not?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if Office program remnant is present in the Program list or not.

1. Right click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Programs and Features.

3. Check if any Office related programs are present or not.

Also I recommend you to temporarily prevent update for Office 2003 through Windows updates.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Please get back to us with an update on Windows update for Office 2003 program which is uninstalled after performing reset, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Office and other programs not starting whenever Windows 10 updates.

Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Office and other programs not starting whenever Windows 10 updates.

1. Office and other programs not starting whenever Windows 10 updates. - Similar Threads - Office programs starting

2. The problems with Updating Windows, Steam and other programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The problems with Updating Windows, Steam and other programs.: I had a lot of problems combined at the same time, and all of them were connected, because i could not update anything, even my system. I could not fix my problem for 4 days and the answer was much more simple than i expected it to be. I created this discussion just to help...
  3. The problems with Updating Windows, Steam and other programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The problems with Updating Windows, Steam and other programs.: I had a lot of problems combined at the same time, and all of them were connected, because i could not update anything, even my system. I could not fix my problem for 4 days and the answer was much more simple than i expected it to be. I created this discussion just to help...
  4. Annoying Windows Security Pop-Up whenever opening any Microsoft Office programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Windows Security Pop-Up whenever opening any Microsoft Office programs.: At the beginning of COVID-19 in the USA, I did my job remotely with my personal computer Windows 10 for a few months. I remember I had to download some software and use my office outlook for emails. I have since uninstalled what appears to be all the extra work software, but...
  5. Annoying Windows Security Pop-Up whenever opening any Microsoft Office programs.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying Windows Security Pop-Up whenever opening any Microsoft Office programs.: At the beginning of COVID-19 in the USA, I did my job remotely with my personal computer Windows 10 for a few months. I remember I had to download some software and use my office outlook for emails. I have since uninstalled what appears to be all the extra work software, but...
  6. Office programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office programs: I have a new Dynabook PC with Windows 10 Pro. I installed Office 2013 two days ago, and used Word several times, successfully. Today, I get a message that the operating system is not configured to run this application. I ran SFC from command prompt, thinking that a...
  7. update removed office 10 and some other apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update removed office 10 and some other apps: update removed office 10 and some other apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-removed-office-10-and-some-other-apps/42aaeba4-b036-4753-8ab1-f1d9b7f85dbf
  8. Suddendly Outlook and other Office programs missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Suddendly Outlook and other Office programs missing: When my computer started it said the start menu had an error and it would try to repair next time. I restarted it and office icons are gone. I can open a Word document but not launch the program. I searched for Outlook and I can open a new message from the start menu right...
  9. Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Task Scheduler: Start a Program with Office: Does anyone know how to have Task Scheduler start a program to run with the launch of ANY Office application? I have a registry edit which will enable the black theme in Office 2016. It needs to be run each time any Office app opens. I can do this on an individual basis, or...
  10. Cortana starts some programs, not others?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana starts some programs, not others?: Not a huge issue, but I was wondering if there was a way to get Cortana to be more consistent at starting programs? At present she will start some with no problem, but others will either display a Web search page or do nothing? As an example, I use "Cool Reader" to read...