Windows 10: Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an issue with a couple of my users after upgrading them from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When they are using Remote Desktop to access their PCs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyCheung4, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade

I have an issue with a couple of my users after upgrading them from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When they are using Remote Desktop to access their PCs, all Office applications show up as white. When you are viewing it on their computer directly, it appears normal. We run the same Dell build on all PCs but this issue only occurs on some machines.

It seems like a hardware issue, but I went ahead and changed the video card to a newer model and the issue persists. I'm not sure how to resolve the issue from here and there are no complaints about this that I can find on Google. I've also did clean uninstalls of Office 2016 and reinstalled as well as Quick and Online Repairs.

In the image below, PowerPoint is open. You can use shortcuts and access the menus in PowerPoint but you cannot see anything that is happening in the application from Remote Desktop. When you are on the PC directly, everything is working.

Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade c485a6e4-d812-40cd-ba82-a686a7be2c95?upload=true.png

Any ideas?

Moved from: Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2016

:)

TonyCheung4, Jun 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (COffice Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Kaapstad Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

That will be a first

Microsoft getting any version of office to run properly on Windows 10.*Big Grin Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade :D

Kaapstad, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

As reported yesterday, Microsoft changed the way how they license Windows 10 to their OEM partners. But buckle in folks, the changes just keep on coming. In what looks like an effort to push Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 owners to upgrade, Microsoft has officially announced that Office 2019 will only work on machines with Windows 10 and the next LTSC release of Windows Server. That's only the tip of the iceberg though. Unlike previous version of Office that came with 10 years of support, Office 2019's support lifecycle is shortened to five years of mainstream support and two years of extended support. Additionally, the client applications are only available with a Click-to-Run installer. However, Microsoft will continue to provide a MSI installer for the server applications.

Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade XkowHsyWUwEavPZz_thm.jpg

Chino, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Office Applications Not Displaying Properly After Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Office Applications Displaying

2. Experiencing performance issues with Microsoft Office applications after upgrading to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing performance issues with Microsoft Office applications after upgrading to...: I've been using Windows 10 on my Dell PC for the past two years without any major issues. The system has been consistently fast and responsive, handling both Microsoft applications and third-party software with ease. However, since upgrading to Windows 11 two weeks ago, I've...
  3. Experiencing performance issues with Microsoft Office applications after upgrading to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Experiencing performance issues with Microsoft Office applications after upgrading to...: I've been using Windows 10 on my Dell PC for the past two years without any major issues. The system has been consistently fast and responsive, handling both Microsoft applications and third-party software with ease. However, since upgrading to Windows 11 two weeks ago, I've...
  4. upgraded to Windows 10 and now Office applications won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded to Windows 10 and now Office applications won't work: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my Office products won't work, Excel, Word and any of the Office products. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?...
  5. Office 2013 no longer displaying pictures correctly after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office 2013 no longer displaying pictures correctly after upgrade to windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, images in documents opened in Microsoft word 2013 no longer display. Same issue in powerpoint however no issues opening the same .doc in google docs. My issues match the issues another user was experiencing after the update to windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 Caused MS Office to not function properly

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 Caused MS Office to not function properly: After installing the 903 updates to my Windows 10 Pro operating system Microsoft Windows Office 365 is no longer opening the Calendar or Contacts. The message that I get is the following. "The set of folders cannot be opened. The information could not be opened." The only...
  7. Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not printing office documents after upgrading to windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, my printer (HP color LaserJet pro M452dn) doesn't print Microsoft office documents from my account. Prints all other documents. It works with no issues from a different account on the same computer. I tried reinstalling the driver and all other...
  8. Loss of Office Applications - Windows 10

Loss of Office Applications - Windows 10: All of my applications have gone - Excel, Word etc. They were used 3 days ago and now I am unable to access any of my documents. I am unable to locate the applications on my device and any posted suggestions to correct this issue do not work for me. If this is due to a...
  9. Windows Application not Opening after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Application not Opening after upgrading to Windows 10: Windows Application not Opening after upgrading to Windows 10. Other Applications work but this Application is no longer working after I made an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have tried clean Windows 10 install but the problem is still there. VMPP for Maya is the...
  10. Office Applications Crash on Startup After Upgrade to TH2

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Applications Crash on Startup After Upgrade to TH2: Office (2016) worked fine until I upgraded windows 10 to TH2 then stopped working and now crashes on startup. I have tried the quick repair and the online repair and even clean installing the program finding out that it still crashes. 31081

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Visio not displaying after upgrade to windows 10