Windows 10: Office Apps Slow to Open Files

Discus and support Office Apps Slow to Open Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Office 2013 installed on my Windows 10 machine. This was upgraded from Windows 7. Office apps, specifically word and excel take a long time to open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by radamo, Jul 30, 2015.

1. radamo Win User

Office Apps Slow to Open Files

Office 2013 installed on my Windows 10 machine. This was upgraded from Windows 7. Office apps, specifically word and excel take a long time to open. What could be the issue?

:)

radamo, Jul 30, 2015
  2. NPLS Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes when clicking on MS Office files

Oops sorry sent too soon.

But yes didn't have this issue in the first few days either, and only experiencing it now.

Windows Explorer slows down before inevitably crashing if I try opening any MS Office file within Windows Explorer. In fact it freezes/slows down the moment I even select the file, I don't even have to open it.

A workaround I found is that opening the MS Office app I want to use, and then browsing and opening the file within that seems to let me open the files I want to..

Extremely frustrating

3. How to change default application for file type

There is only one other office suite in the repository which is derived from K office, I installed that and removed docs to go, but I can no longer open any office docs attachment on email, the last installed app doesn't seems to take control, there must
    be somewhere a config file to link up the app to file type. I will try to uninstall and reinstall Office to see what comes, but my 3G link is crawlingly slow now it takes some time to verify.

lotech---01, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Office Apps Slow to Open Files

1. Office Apps Slow to Open Files - Similar Threads - Office Apps Slow

2. Office file dont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office file dont open: Hi, Recently any of my files of office 365 open in my desktop pc, i try evreting, compatibility, re install, and do not work, the only process that works is to open the aplicattion in admin mode, but the aplication open but i can not modify o read some files....
  3. Office file dont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office file dont open: Hi, Recently any of my files of office 365 open in my desktop pc, i try evreting, compatibility, re install, and do not work, the only process that works is to open the aplicattion in admin mode, but the aplication open but i can not modify o read some files....
  4. APP OPENING SLOW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APP OPENING SLOW: Hi ,When I start my pc if I open any software then it opens slow after opening it one time it opens very fast is there any way. So that when I open my pc then all app opens fast....
  5. File explorer slow to open, Windows apps have no app associated.

File explorer slow to open, Windows apps have no app associated.: Hi! I've had this issue ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, but I never found a solution.The issue is that when I boot my pc, there's a ~50% chance something will be 'wrong'. And when it goes wrong, it's always these two things:1. Windows apps like settings have no...
  6. Office files not opening in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files not opening in onedrive: Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the windows explorer. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting with onedrive and restarting, but that doesn't work. Can you please...
  7. Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open

Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open: hello, I recently installed Win10 and ever since my laptop is extremely slow. On startup 2.7min to boot up. Then another 2-3min for my desktop to completely load. Once it's finally finished another 2min for any app to load. Ive Purchased System Mechanic Pro to try eliminating...
  8. "open with" and opening of files slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    "open with" and opening of files slow: I have a problem were files associated for example with Word or Acrobat reader are slow to open. It seems Windows is confused which app to choose and takes long. If I reopen the same file it will open instantly or open another file with the app already open Also the "Open...
  9. Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file: When I attempt to open an Office 2013 document, the correct app starts with a blank document instead of the document I clicked on. If I attempt to open the document within the office app (File > Open), I get a blank document. I have done an Office 2013 repair, re-associated...
  10. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...