Windows 10: Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened

Discus and support Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I’ve been encountering an issue for the past weeks with all the Office apps installed on my computer Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kohanei, Jan 27, 2020.

1. kohanei Win User

Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened

Hi, I’ve been encountering an issue for the past weeks with all the Office apps installed on my computer Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. When I try to open the apps from the taskbar, a notification says "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\ld\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\QuickLauch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Word.lnk'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.' "

A similar message appears with other Office apps.

I’ve tried to open them from Start, but no matter how long I wait, they never open.

I’ve tried reinstalling them, but it did not change anything.

I would truly appreciate your help with this issue, thank you!

:)

kohanei, Jan 27, 2020
  2. MikkoSL Win User

Office files doesn´t open after Win10 update

After Win10 update, some of office files won´t open.
    Some .docx and .pptx files especially.

Any hints on this issue?

MikkoSL, Jan 27, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Devon68 Win User

Open Office

I used ms office for ever. Then I decided to try open office and when I opened a file and changed some things and decided to go back to ms office the file was messed up. Luckily I had a backup file

Devon68, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened - Similar Threads - Office apps won’t

2. My app are open but won’t display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My app are open but won’t display: My appare shown as open in my taskbar but they won’t display onto my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-are-open-but-wont-display/1c0ebb07-73a2-426d-bdbb-a7e740f16f5a
  3. Windows 11 Apps won’t open

Windows 11 Apps won’t open: Hey everyone,I just bought a brand new gaming computer and I’m having issue with Windows 11 already. It came with the system, I wouldn’t usually use this garbage. Per the par, windows is already having major issues. I cannot open apps. When I first received the computer it...
  4. Apps won’t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won’t open: This started happening yesterday, when i tried opening google it asked for which account as per usual and opening in task bar but it wouldn’t show on my screen. When i was click on the task bar to open it, it wouldn’t and i could hover over the task bar see google working but...
  5. Apps won’t open

Apps won’t open: This started happening yesterday, when i tried opening google it asked for which account as per usual and opening in task bar but it wouldn’t show on my screen. When i was click on the task bar to open it, it wouldn’t and i could hover over the task bar see google working but...
  6. Windows apps won’t open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps won’t open.: Randomly none of my preinstalled windows apps or ones downloaded from the windows store are working. Everything was working fine yesterday, and i have not changed anything on the computer between yesterday and today. Restarting my computer doesn’t work and none of the built...
  7. Windows App Store won’t open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows App Store won’t open.: Every time I try to open the window app store, it opens and closes really quick. I tried the cache clear and the wsreset.exe and that didnt work either. Any suggestions?...
  8. My app won’t open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My app won’t open: I did an open upon installation and after it opened I made a project and exported it to my desktop. After I clicked out of app it wouldn’t let me reopen it. Once I click on it, it appears as if it’s going to start, but then shuts down. How do I fix this? submitted by...
  9. Office products won’t open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office products won’t open: I cannot open Microsoft Office products. When I click on Excel or Word, the pop-up shows up requiring to update office. Then I see the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142....
  10. Apps won’t open/crash on launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won’t open/crash on launch: I downloaded version 1809 update 2 days ago. I downlaod Halo Wars 2 from the microsoft store. Now when i try to open it crahses after 2 secs. The same thing is happening with MSI Kombuster. That app wont even launch. I have tried reinstalling and nothing is happening. One...