Windows 10: Office Click to Start

Discus and support Office Click to Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10 how do I stop Microsoft Office Click to Start loading forever, at the moment I open the Task Manager and left click it to end it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allen Gilchrist, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Office Click to Start

In Windows 10 how do I stop Microsoft Office Click to Start loading forever, at the moment I open the Task Manager and left click it to end it's process but I want to get rid of it altogether? It is 1 process that loads on start-up that isn't needed.

:)

Allen Gilchrist, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Kari, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Office Click to Start

Can't remove office start menu item

Hi,

Failure to remove the Office icons on your start menu may indicate a possible corrupted registry. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages when removing/deleting the Office icons?
    • To ensure that we haven't missed out anything, what other troubleshooting steps have your performed to resolve your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you run the SFC and
    DISM
    command to scan and fix any issues related to corrupted registry. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

wiki article

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Office Click to Start

1. Office Click to Start - Similar Threads - Office Click Start

2. Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -: Hello,My window applications automatically resize when the screen is clicked or I am typing for no apparent reason.For example, when I have Microsoft Excel open, if I click a cell to edit it or try to copy and paste a cell, the entire application window will resize to an...
  3. Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Applications Automatically Resize When Clicked -: Hello,My window applications automatically resize when the screen is clicked or I am typing for no apparent reason.For example, when I have Microsoft Excel open, if I click a cell to edit it or try to copy and paste a cell, the entire application window will resize to an...
  4. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  5. Office fails to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office fails to start: Periodically, when starting an Office programme, i.e. Excel I receive a message stating that: "C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\MicrosoftShared\Office16\msc20win32client.dll is either not designed to run on on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the programme again...
  6. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  7. Get Office and My Office in Start Menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Get Office and My Office in Start Menu: [img] Installing a clean 1709 I now have "Get Office" and "My Office" APP's listed in the Start Menu. Clicking on "Get Office" does nothing unless I uninstall "My Office", in wich case clicking on "Get Office" will reinstall "My Office". "Get Office" cannot be...
  8. MS office 2003 will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS office 2003 will not start: Just got a new HP desktop and I can't get MS Office 2003 to set-up in Win10 . It ran great on Win7 and Winxp over a number of years. I'm sure the 25 character code is correct and I have the start-up disk in the drive . Any reason why it stopped working on Win10. I keep...
  9. Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file

Clicking on a file starts MS Office App, but doesn't open the file: When I attempt to open an Office 2013 document, the correct app starts with a blank document instead of the document I clicked on. If I attempt to open the document within the office app (File > Open), I get a blank document. I have done an Office 2013 repair, re-associated...
  10. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...