Windows 10: Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and...

Discus and support Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and apps? Or do I need to do a clean install?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Norma&, May 1, 2022.

1. Norma& Win User

Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and...

Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and apps? Or do I need to do a clean install?

:)

Norma&, May 1, 2022
  2. GSG-9 Win User

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, May 1, 2022
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 1, 2022
  4. Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and...

I reset my computer and lost microsoft office. Is there a way to restore it?

I reset my computer and lost microsoft office. Is there a way to restore it?

PamStephenson1, May 1, 2022
Thema:

Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and...

1. Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and... - Similar Threads - Office computer has

2. Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and...: Office computer has lost or does not boot the OS. Can I reset and still keep all files and apps? Or do I need to do a clean install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-computer-has-lost-or-does-not-boot-the-os/de277ee5-6278-4fe6-9439-bbb3748a3816
  3. Computer has lost all functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has lost all functionality: Hello,I have recently reset my computer after noticing some weird problems, such as the volume randomly going really quiet, even though the volume being on max, apps randomly being deleted and readded, and the keyboard layout being switched. But this isnt the actual...
  4. Computer has lost all functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer has lost all functionality: Hello,I have recently reset my computer after noticing some weird problems, such as the volume randomly going really quiet, even though the volume being on max, apps randomly being deleted and readded, and the keyboard layout being switched. But this isnt the actual...
  5. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  6. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  7. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. lost OS - hdd still available - usb boot to reach files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    lost OS - hdd still available - usb boot to reach files?: Hello The title can be confusing, sorry about that. I have a lenovo t490s that has lost its windows 10 OS - I do not know how, the user is sitting external (not uncommen these days) My question is, If I make a bootable USB with say https://rufus.ie/ - is it than possible...
  9. why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why has my computer re booted and lost all my files: why has my computer re booted and lost all my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-my-computer-re-booted-and-lost-all-my/83b70f42-b07a-4763-810e-4dbbb31eeeec
  10. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...