Windows 10: Office - default Folder settings?

Discus and support Office - default Folder settings? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by t87699, Aug 17, 2022.

1. t87699 Win User

Office - default Folder settings?

Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View

:)

t87699, Aug 17, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

That's ok.

In step 1, you set a default template for all folders.

in step 2, you set the folder view to "sort by" "type" for what you wanted, then "Apply to folders" to set it for all folders.

Brink, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Office - default Folder settings?

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Office - default Folder settings?

1. Office - default Folder settings? - Similar Threads - Office default Folder

2. Office - default Folder settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office - default Folder settings?: Can I create a default Folder setting in Windows 11?I'd like to make all files in all Folders to be seen in View https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-default-folder-settings/1c9748c5-ebc5-4761-8e45-7b26192056f5
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. File folder default settings

File folder default settings: Every time I open a folder I haven't used for several days, or even overnight, the view reverts to details view instead of the large icon view I would like.Is there a way to change this?...
  5. Default settings for Windows folders

Default settings for Windows folders: Can I make a default for all Windows 10 folders? I don't want Date, Type, Size and for files to be in list form. Is this possible? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings-for-windows-folders/703ff997-975c-4e24-8940-64772f0b058a
  6. Setting defaults for folder details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting defaults for folder details: Hallo, Is it possible to set default settings for folders. There is a button which increases column size to contents but this deactivates as soon as you leave the folder. Can you set a default so that the folder automatically sets the column widths. Thank you for your...
  7. default folder setting

default folder setting: I see that this issue has been going on for the last few years and with all my searching i have not yet seen a solution, especially now after all the updates as certain options aren't available like remember folder view in explorer...... All my folders keep switching back to...
  8. Wrong Office version set as default

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Wrong Office version set as default: I'm moving from Office 2007 to Office 365 but I don't want to uninstall 2007 until I'm confident in my use of 365. (And maybe upgrade my PC. It seems to me that performance has slowed with 365.) The problem is that my file association only says "Microsoft Word". It doesn't...
  9. Wrong Office version set as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Office version set as default: I'm moving from Office 2007 to Office 365 but I don't want to uninstall 2007 until I'm confident in my use of 365. (And maybe upgrade my PC. It seems to me that performance has slowed with 365.) The problem is that my file association only says "Microsoft Word". It doesn't...
  10. Default Folder Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder Setting: I would like most of my folders to open with Details for the view. Then when I want it differently I can change it. It seems like every time I open a new folder or one that has not yet been opened within 10 they all are large icons which provide little information. Is...