Windows 10: Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 not working in Win 10 Build 1903

Discus and support Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 not working in Win 10 Build 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I had Win10 Build 1803, I used Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 to install Office Pro 2016 with no issue. Yesterday, I did a clean install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ianm0, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ianm0 Win User

Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 not working in Win 10 Build 1903

When I had Win10 Build 1803, I used Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 to install Office Pro 2016 with no issue. Yesterday, I did a clean install of Win 10 Build 1903 and then reinstall Office 2016, I got the message that ProPlus Retail could not be installed.

My other PC originally had Win 10 Build 1803 and no problem with the aforementioned installation. After several Windows Updates, it now has Build 1903. So I tried to install Office 2016 on this PC just to see. Same problem as described in previous paragraph.

So I think there is some conflict between Win 10 Build 1903 and Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600. I also notice dother people have similar issues with different versions of Office Deployment Tool. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

ianm0, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Just released: Windows 10 Application Deployment tool

Source: Just released: Windows 10 Application Deployment tool | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool

A real life example about how to configure an existing Office installation.

A friend just installed Office 365 yesterday on his computer to be able to work from home. The license belongs to his employer's Office tenant. When signing in to Office portal with his workplace Office credentials and installing, it installed the whole Office business suite.

He wrote:

When installing Office 2016 or later, you can no longer customize installation, select what applications to install. In my friend's case, the installation screen would have looked something like this:

Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 not working in Win 10 Build 1903 [​IMG]

Checking the Start > Programs folder shows that each and every Office application was installed:

Luckily, using Office Deployment Tool (ODT), it is easy to configure the installation by removing unwanted Office applications.

This is how it's done, easy and takes only a few minutes.

First, in case you don't already have this information from your employer's Office admin, you need to check the Office edition (SKU) which is based on type of your O365 license, its bit version and update channel. To do this, open any Office app and select File > Account:

Note the edition (#1 in screenshot) and update channel (#2). Now click the About button (#3) and check the bit version:

Now we know that the Office license is O365 Enterprise (see product ID table in tutorial step 1.2), the update channel is Semi-Annual ("Broad") and bit version is 32. Time to create installation / configuration script.

Go to Office Customization Tool (tutorial step 2.2), create and export the script (steps 2.3 through 2.11). In step 2.4, we will exclude everything else than Word, Excel and Outlook:

Script ready and exported to local PC, it looks like this:

PHP Code: <Configuration>
    <Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="Broad" AllowCdnFallback="TRUE" ForceUpgrade="TRUE">
    <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
    <Language ID="en-us" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="Groove" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="OneDrive" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="Access" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="OneNote" />
    <ExcludeApp ID="PowerPoint" />
    </Product>
    </Add>
    <Property Name="SharedComputerLicensing" Value="0" />
    <Property Name="PinIconsToTaskbar" Value="TRUE" />
    <Property Name="SCLCacheOverride" Value="0" />
    <Updates Enabled="TRUE" />
    <Display Level="Full" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
    <Logging Level="Off" />
    </Configuration>

OK, only thing missing is to run the script with ODT. Download, install and run ODT in an elevated Command Prompt as told in tutorial Part Four. In this example, ODT was extracted / installed in C:\O365 folder and script saved in same folder as Config.xml. First CD to O365 folder, then run ODT with /configure switch and the configuration script:

Office Setup will run, removing (uninstalling) all other Office applications only leaving Word, Excel and Outlook, as can be seen in installation screen:

When done and checking Start > Programs folder, we can see that only those three Office apps are present, everything else removed (uninstalled):

That's it. O365 installation was changed as the use prefers, unwanted / unnecessary Office applications uninstalled.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Office Deployment Tool 11023-33600 not working in Win 10 Build 1903 - Similar Threads - Office Deployment Tool

2. Device build and deployment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device build and deployment: What exactly is device build and deployment? Is there a particular step to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-build-and-deployment/26d964c4-fe9b-4529-b74d-860ab1641d40
  3. Office 2016 deployment tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 2016 deployment tool: I want to install only specific apps for Office 2016 (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) but when I run the ODT tool using - setup.exe /configure configuration.xml, it gets stuck around 40%. I also tried to run - setup.exe /download configuration.xml but it shows me error code -...
  4. Windows 10 Answer File - Deploying Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Answer File - Deploying Office: Hi guys, Recently followed a tutorial by @Kari on how to build a Windows 10 Answer file. Both my autounattend.xml and unattend.xml answer files work without any user interaction at all and so Windows 10 is silently installed. Next I'm looking to add programs to this so...
  5. Win 10 Build 1903 File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Build 1903 File explorer: There appears to be no "refresh" selection. Items under "Network" remain listed even if they get disconnected from the network. New items added to the network do not get displayed. Does every change in the network require rebooting the computer to get an accurate response...
  6. WIndows 10 Ver. 1903 Image for use with Express Deployment Tool

WIndows 10 Ver. 1903 Image for use with Express Deployment Tool: Hi, Bit of backstory, I work for a new OEM manufacturer and I am in charge of creating the "Golden Image" for use in our deployment strategy. I currently have an issue in which we received our copies of the OEM Windows 10 version 1809 from the distributor the day after 1903...
  7. WIndows 10 Ver. 1903 Image for use with Express Deployment Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows 10 Ver. 1903 Image for use with Express Deployment Tool: Hi, Bit of backstory, I work for a new OEM manufacturer and I am in charge of creating the "Golden Image" for use in our deployment strategy. I currently have an issue in which we received our copies of the OEM Windows 10 version 1809 from the distributor the day after 1903...
  8. Win 10 build 1903

Win 10 build 1903: After build 1903 downloads it restarts my computer. At approximately 27 % into the update it shutsdown. When I start the computer it rolls back to built 1809. Any ideal? I 1 TB SSG, 16 G memory....
  9. Office tools not working

Office tools not working: Sir, After I reset my win 10 (keeping files) , My office tools are lost.( ONENOTE is working ) .but others are still in office14->Program files-> WINDOWS.OLD folder in C drive ..How do I recover office tools?? plz help me out [ATTACH]...
  10. Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool: How to: Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool [img] Information In earlier versions of Microsoft Office, users could select Install options and customize the installation by installing only selected Office applications, or select an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. piniconstotaskbar property in windows 10 not working

2. office deployment tool not working