Windows 10: Office documents are corrupted after recovery

Discus and support Office documents are corrupted after recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Experts, I have recovered my Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by a data recovery application. It recovered file successfully but now, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by murdokonjit, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Office documents are corrupted after recovery

Experts,

I have recovered my Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by a data recovery application. It recovered file successfully but now, they are corrupt. I have around 79 files.
    Please suggest me.

:)

murdokonjit, Dec 19, 2018
  2. jgunning Win User

Recovering corrupt word documents

Please explain...?

And I know this thread is abit of a spam magnet..for that I apologise.
    Unfortunately I cannot attach one of the files due to they need to remain confidential.

I have tried the following:

- Several "text" recovery programs.
    - I have tried using word to repair and open the documents
    - I have tried opening the documents in several other text browsers - ie. Notepad, wordpad etc
    - I have tried using winzip, winrar and 7zip to retreive text
    - I have tried changing options in word to attempt to open the document as a draft.
    - I have tried to use word to "insert text" from the document

All these things havent worked for me yet.. *Cry :cry:

jgunning, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Recovering corrupt word documents

to be honest, if they're corrupt they're likely completely screwed. someone may know of a recovery method, but you'd best assume they're goners now and plan for that.

Mussels, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Office documents are corrupted after recovery

Corrupt Word Document Overnight?

try saving a copy of one of the corrupt files to RTF, then open the document in wordpad and see what you have then, it sometimes works.

Tatty_One, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Office documents are corrupted after recovery

1. Office documents are corrupted after recovery - Similar Threads - Office documents are

2. ms office documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms office documents: why i cannot open ms office documents from whatsapp web or email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-documents/4fa25b34-6482-4e8d-aaa9-79b9f9d8a251
  3. System Recovery after Corrupted OS Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery after Corrupted OS Drive: My OS drive was corrupted last week. I have an image mirror on an external drive and now on a new internal hard drive. How do I recover and reinstall windows from that mirror? Should I be able to do this from BIOS?...
  4. Corrupted word document

Corrupted word document: My laptop screen froze but the cursor was moving. I could not save or shut down as I was working on Onedrive and Mendeley. I disconnected from power source and it looked restored except that it began configuration with words ''do not switch off your computer''. When it was...
  5. Corrupt documents folder

Corrupt documents folder: I turned on file history. I must have chosen the Documents folder as the network location... This Documents folder was 48 GB.Now it's 816 GB. : 1TB HD space is nil. Should I create a new user to fix it? Or run restore, and re-install all my Programs? Is there a different...
  6. Document Recovery

Document Recovery: How do I recover docs that were deleted from Downloads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-recovery/ed35c7de-f721-4eea-91bf-a936d9d50652
  7. Documents recovery

Documents recovery: Mistakenly deleted my Documents - can the be recovered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-recovery/41005c67-e6dc-4e57-95dc-604f5aaa5c52
  8. Recover Documents after OS Recovery

Recover Documents after OS Recovery: A couple weeks ago I was running a System Restore and after about an hour or two, the laptop restarted but I received a message saying there was a problem with Windows 10, it was corrupted and it could not be loaded. I had to run OS Recovery to reinstall Windows. This...
  9. Document Recovery

Document Recovery: Hello, I am trying to recover a document. Unfortunately, I have not worked on this document in a little while, so it is not in my most recent section. It was a precious story I was writing and I wanted to finally get back to it. I do not remember the file name but I believe...
  10. Saving office documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving office documents: I have just created a new word document. When I try to do a "file", "save as" it tells me I don't have permission to save in that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. I am the administrator as mine is the only name in the users. Has anyone else come...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. document corrupted afetr

2. exzcel upgrade to o365 no i get a corrupt on files