Windows 10: Office documents in OneDrive stuck on loading when opening On-Demand

Discus and support Office documents in OneDrive stuck on loading when opening On-Demand in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed a big issue with Office documents that are saved on OneDrive and are available On-Demand through the explorer in Windows 10. Sometimes, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnnyGui, Sep 17, 2018.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Office documents in OneDrive stuck on loading when opening On-Demand

I noticed a big issue with Office documents that are saved on OneDrive and are available On-Demand through the explorer in Windows 10. Sometimes, when I try to open these documents from the OneDrive folder in the explorer window, the loading/starting splash screen comes up but stays like that forever.

The only way to cancel this is to end the process in Task Manager. After that, when trying to open the document again, it opens normally but a prompt appears saying that there was a serious error and asks whether I want to open the document in safe mode. Opening the documents stored locally on the PC is no problem.

It seems that this is an issue that many had a few years back as found in several threads on the Microsoft forum (example).
    The workaround seems to be to disable the option "Use Office to work on files with other people at the same time" which is not a solution since I want to use this option.

I was wondering if anyone else is still experiencing this issue. I am running Windows Pro x64 with the latest updates and Office 2016.

:)

JohnnyGui, Sep 17, 2018
  2. S.D.K Win User

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Sep 17, 2018
  3. CauZion Win User
    Microsoft office files doesn't open in OneDrive and won't sync in Windows 10.

Original Title: HELP !!

TWO weird issues I believe are connected to the same problem.

FIRST

1) A specific folder is selected on Folders List to sync, but Office 2013 files created before two or three weeks ago aren't been syching. I've deselected, reselected, but
    only PDF files are been synching to this folder on my local disc.

2) Have reset Onedrive and the files were not synched again

3) They are on my Onedrive online, but Onedrive doesn't download them to my PC (the Office Files created BEFORE two or three weeks ago are there (local), BUT.... (look to the second list below)

4) Onedrive icon says it is updated, but office 2013 files aren't there

5) NOW, after I've reset Onedrive, NO OFFICE FILES are been downloaded on ALL FOLDERS and not just the new ones.

Only PDF files, images, but NO Office Document

SECOND

1) Weird also is that, if I go to WORD, in the recent opened files, there are some files I was working on a few days ago, I click on any of them and they are loaded. I click on SAVE, check the file folder path on onedrive, but they ARE NOT THERE !!!! Even
    after I save them on Word, I look at the local Onedrive file and they are not there.

If I try to open thru the file dialog window on Word and go to the onedrive folder, there is NO word file there, but I can still open using recent documents list on word.

I'm getting desperate because I can't access my Office files on onedrive using local folders

CauZion, Sep 17, 2018
  4. pjrobot Win User

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Perhaps the two have become merged irreversibly? The icon in my OneDrive also appears to be different.

Office documents in OneDrive stuck on loading when opening On-Demand [​IMG]

This by no means solves my problem.

pjrobot, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Office documents in OneDrive stuck on loading when opening On-Demand - Similar Threads - Office documents OneDrive

2. Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave: If I create an Office Document Word or Excel in OneDrive Personal Vault and select auto-save, the file .docx or .xlsx is saved in the Documents folder outside of the Personal Vault. Any changes made to the file located in Personal Vault are saved to Documents if auto-save is...
  3. Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Documents in OneDrive AutoSave: If I create an Office Document Word or Excel in OneDrive Personal Vault and select auto-save, the file .docx or .xlsx is saved in the Documents folder outside of the Personal Vault. Any changes made to the file located in Personal Vault are saved to Documents if auto-save is...
  4. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  5. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  6. Trouble loading documents with Office 2010.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trouble loading documents with Office 2010.: I have Microsoft Office 2010 on my PC, I recently removed Office 365 as it came pre-installed with my PC and is a trial version which was never activated. So I thought it may aswell be removed from my PC, as whenever I click a document it opens up in Office 365 by default....
  7. "loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "loading bar" & "parameter is incorrect," can't open Microsoft Office apps or documents: Whenever I try to use my Microsoft Office applications, it always shows a white line that looks quite similar to a loading bar. Even when this white line disappears after a few minutes, I cannot use my Microsoft Office apps because it does not open and would just repeat this...
  8. Office files not opening in onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files not opening in onedrive: Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the windows explorer. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting with onedrive and restarting, but that doesn't work. Can you please...
  9. difference in onedrive documents and office live documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    difference in onedrive documents and office live documents: Been using Office 365 for years. also using win10home. What is the difference in "OneDrive Documents" and "office live documents"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-in-onedrive-documents-and-office-live/cc1f969f-c535-4a02-8cfa-c92be6adaa5e"
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive stuck in loading in windows 10

2. microsoft onedrive stuck loading

3. onedrive stuck on loading windows 10

4. onedrive live word not loading,
  5. onedrive screen loading,
  6. onedrive never ends loading,
  7. microsoft one drive sign in stuck on loading,
  8. microsoft onedrive keeps loading but wont open,
  9. why is word not loading my onedrive,
  10. Microsoft OneDrive Share screen stuck loading,
  11. one drive taing forever to download online documents,