Windows 10: Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun

Discus and support Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This is evidently a problem which has afflicted different versions and builds of Windows for some years. All the threads seem to be oldish. Every now... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by thelordgiveth, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun

This is evidently a problem which has afflicted different versions and builds of Windows for some years. All the threads seem to be oldish.

Every now and again I get this error when trying to open any Office 2019 application (I understand that it also crops up for other software but for me it is just Office). Initially I overcame it with System Restore, then later found that a Quick Repair of Office did the trick and

Even later I found that stopping clicktorun in the Services tab of Task Manager did it even quicker. So quickly in fact that the "trying to update Office" message which precedes the error message disappears and the application opens. Clicktorun being associated with Office, that would presumably not help if other software was involved.

So, it is a minor inconvenience, perhaps once or twice a week. However, none of the threads that I have read give any indication of why it is happening (perhaps even Microsoft have no idea) or how to stop it in the first place, other than disabling clicktorun, which introduces problems of its own, I think.

Is that a fair summary or have I missed some super-duper solution somewhere?

I don't think it is likely to be relevant but I am on build 20H2. It was occurring on earlier builds. It did not occur on my old PC (Win 10 but with an older version of Office) but it is clear from other threads that it did occur with older versions of Windows and Office. Windows and Office are installed on a SSD (data on a HD) though again I doubt this is relevant.

:)

thelordgiveth, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Chris_171 Win User

Error Code 0xc000014

Original title: Chris Doody.

Hi, I have an Asus laptop which has had an up grade to Windows 10.

It has come up with Error Code 0xc000014 , I have create the media creation tool , but nothing happens the screen changes from the blue recovery with the error listed on it then to the Asus main display screen ( Just display screen, no access to programs
    etc. ) I have tried several times but nothing works , no matter what keys are pushed . I have reloaded the USB twice with the media creation tool.

Nothing seems to work

Any suggestions

Thanks

Chris_171, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Errors 0xc0000185 and 0xc000014

Hi,

In order for us to resolve your issue about Windows 10 showing a black screen, you may check these links related to Error codes

0xc0000185
    and
    0xc000014
    . Please make sure you follow the steps carefully.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun

Office 2013 error

Some had the same issue. Try one of those advises:

Drone, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun

1. Office, error 0xc000014 and clicktorun - Similar Threads - Office error 0xc000014

2. Office 2010 uninstalled error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2010 uninstalled error: MS Forum 140122 Office 2010 uninstalled error I purchased a computer 15 years ago that had Office 10 installed. A few days ago I unintentionally uninstalled it. But it is still on my computer, and I want to reactivate it. When I went to reinstall, I received a message asking...
  3. Error Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Microsoft Office: I reinstalled Microsoft office twice but it only lasted a week and the error happened again, what's the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-microsoft-office/61628af9-3807-4f08-b740-26b2a74ef2bb
  4. Windows error plus Office error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows error plus Office error: when i was working around i found i can't open WINWORD.exe any more ! i thought it was a little error so i just reboots my machine. then i recived the 0xc000142 error and my chrome can crashed. i can't start up the chrome webbrowser any more! then my wechat, my powerpoint...
  5. how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service

in Microsoft Office and 365
    how to block ClickToRun from being restarted as a service: Hello I intend to use Office 2019 pro plus only casewise on W10 pro. To get rid of the unwanted complexity of CLICKTORUN, I set set it in services to disabled. However, service is allways restarted by scripts in background and set to AUTOMATIC again. How can this be...
  6. how to block clicktorun from beeing restartet as a service

how to block clicktorun from beeing restartet as a service: Hello I intend to use Office 2019 pro plus only casewise on W10 pro. To get rid of the unwanted complexity of CLICKTORUN, I set set it in services to disabled. However, service is allways restarted by scripts in background and set to AUTOMATIC again. How can this be...
  7. MS OFFICE ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS OFFICE ERROR: hi, i have used Windows 10 pro original version and my MS office was corrupted. How can i get this again as free..Please suggest.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/ms-office-error/1b9d057e-dd75-44b2-8579-07b6143f5109
  8. Disable Office ClickTorun forever

Disable Office ClickTorun forever: Dear all, I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection. How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please? Best Regards, 106109
  9. Office 365 error

Office 365 error: Hi all I am working on a laptop for my friend he had both 2013 and office 365 it was causing major issues, now when I try to install office 365 I get error 0-1012(0) I’ve tried everything and spent an hr with Microsoft support who tried everything I tried then said they...
  10. office install error

office install error: I am trying to reinstall office 2010 back onto my system and no matter what i do I cant get it to install. Ive tried using revo uninstaller to uninstall it completely; that didnt work; Ive tried using remove programs; that didnt work and ive tried a number of other things to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OfficeClickToRun 000142