Windows 10: Office excel, work not working after last update

Discus and support Office excel, work not working after last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] cannot open work or excel with my paid account since the latest update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveR013013, May 30, 2020.

1. Office excel, work not working after last update

Office excel, work not working after last update 94f4b998-1291-4798-ba7b-f6b6b07e8c42?upload=true.jpg

cannot open work or excel with my paid account since the latest update?

:)

DaveR013013, May 30, 2020

2. Decktop Shortcuts to Excel files don't work since Windows update

Hi,

An outdated Office program is one of the possible reasons why you’re unable to open desktop shortcut Excel files. Since you’ve updated your Windows operating system, we suggest that you install an Office update as well. This is for us to further isolate
    the concern. To do so, open Word > File >
    Account
    > under Product information > choose Update Options >
    Update Now. Once the update is finished, check if the issue persists.

In the event that it doesn’t work, we recommend setting up Excel as your default program on your computer. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click the desktop shortcuts Excel files, then select Properties
    • In the Opens with section, click Change and choose
      Excel 2013
      . Once it’s done, check if the issue was resolved.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, May 30, 2020
  3. Excel does not work

Hi LarryBoer.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try with 6 possible solutions for this error message these solutions are the following:

1: Start MS Excel in safe mode

This is the first solution to correct the error, try to execute the Excel file in safe mode to follow the steps:

* Press Windows + R to open the command prompt or open from the Run option in the Start menu.

* Then, at the command prompt, type exe / safe to open MS Excel in safe mode.

* After pressing, the Ctrl> open the Excel file is another option to use the safe mode.

I hope this helps you, but if not, try the second solution.

2: disable defective add-ons

Follow the steps to verify add-ons:

* Go to the File Menu> click on Excel Options.

Then, in the Excel Options window, the Add-ons option is available on the left side.

* Here you can see the list of active application add-ons. Each addon has its location and Type of name that appears in the list. In this example, the Type of this Add-in is a COM Add-in.

* Next, go to the Manage option, available at the bottom and set COM Add-ins> click on the GO button.

* A COM Add-in dialog box will appear on the screen> then in the image above, uncheck the first option marked> and click on the OK button.

I hope that after completing the entire process, you can open the Excel file without any errors.

3: Check for antivirus conflicts

It is seen that the antivirus conflict can also cause Excel to stop working with the error message. Then, try to solve antivirus conflicts, eliminate all the integration of the antivirus program with Excel. Well, while clicking here, we must remove all add-ons
    from the antivirus program from the Excel application.

Apart from that, it also checks if your antivirus is outdated instead of trying to update it, as this could hinder the Microsoft Office application and, finally, also Excel.

4: Repair MS Office

It is seen that the conflict of the MS office is also creating the problem. Follow the steps:

* Go to a Control Panel> select Microsoft Office from the list.

* And go to the command prompt and type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.

* Click on the option Change

Note: When the Change option is clicked, an office window appears on the screen. Select the option Quick Repair> click on the Repair button> you can now see that the repair process begins.

* When the repair process is finished, a confirmation message will appear on the screen> click on the Close button and open the Excel file.

Please note: MS Office 2013 it is possible that some of the steps are different depending on your version of Excel.

5: Keep your Windows updated

Well, it is also found that the obsolete Windows system also causes the problem. Therefore, if there are more recent updates available on the web, update your application with the latest update. It is always good to keep your operating system updated with the
    latest update to keep the system in good condition. Follow the steps to do it:

* Click on the Start button> go to the Control Panel.

* And click on System and security.

* Then, in the Windows Update option, click Enable or disable automatic update.

* Then select the option Install updates automatically (recommended) or Check for updates, but let me choose if you want to download and install them.

6: recompiling macros

This is the last solution. Here you should check the problematic macros and some users have confirmed that the macros are getting Excel stop errors.

Well, this does not mean that I should stop using them. Here you can see how to use the macros to prevent Excel from stopping the error:

Follow the steps to do it:

* Start Excel> click on Developer> Visual Basic.

* And go to Tools> Options.

Options> in the General tab> delete the option 'Compile on request'.

* Then, in the navigation panel of the Project> right click on Module> choose 'Insert' to insert a new module.

* After that save your spreadsheet> Exit the Excel application.

So, this is it, and the next time you click on the macros, Microsoft Excel has stopped working, the error message does not appear.

DouglasMillar69, May 30, 2020
  4. Office excel, work not working after last update

Excel does not work

You can try with 6 possible solutions for this error message these solutions are the following:

1: Start MS Excel in safe mode

This is the first solution to correct the error, try to execute the Excel file in safe mode to follow the steps:

* Press Windows + R to open the command prompt or open from the Run option in the Start menu.

* Then, at the command prompt, type exe / safe to open MS Excel in safe mode.

* After pressing, the Ctrl> open the Excel file is another option to use the safe mode.

I hope this helps you, but if not, try the second solution.

2: disable defective add-ons

Follow the steps to verify add-ons:

* Go to the File Menu> click on Excel Options.

Then, in the Excel Options window, the Add-ons option is available on the left side.

* Here you can see the list of active application add-ons. Each addon has its location and Type of name that appears in the list. In this example, the Type of this Add-in is a COM Add-in.

* Next, go to the Manage option, available at the bottom and set COM Add-ins> click on the GO button.

* A COM Add-in dialog box will appear on the screen> then in the image above, uncheck the first option marked> and click on the OK button.

I hope that after completing the entire process, you can open the Excel file without any errors.

3: Check for antivirus conflicts

It is seen that the antivirus conflict can also cause Excel to stop working with the error message. Then, try to solve antivirus conflicts, eliminate all the integration of the antivirus program with Excel. Well, while clicking here, we must remove all add-ons
    from the antivirus program from the Excel application.

Apart from that, it also checks if your antivirus is outdated instead of trying to update it, as this could hinder the Microsoft Office application and, finally, also Excel.

4: Repair MS Office

It is seen that the conflict of the MS office is also creating the problem. Follow the steps:

* Go to a Control Panel> select Microsoft Office from the list.

* And go to the command prompt and type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.

* Click on the option Change

Note: When the Change option is clicked, an office window appears on the screen. Select the option Quick Repair> click on the Repair button> you can now see that the repair process begins.

* When the repair process is finished, a confirmation message will appear on the screen> click on the Close button and open the Excel file.

Please note: MS Office 2013 it is possible that some of the steps are different depending on your version of Excel.

5: Keep your Windows updated

Well, it is also found that the obsolete Windows system also causes the problem. Therefore, if there are more recent updates available on the web, update your application with the latest update. It is always good to keep your operating system updated with the
    latest update to keep the system in good condition. Follow the steps to do it:

* Click on the Start button> go to the Control Panel.

* And click on System and security.

* Then, in the Windows Update option, click Enable or disable automatic update.

* Then select the option Install updates automatically (recommended) or Check for updates, but let me choose if you want to download and install them.

6: recompiling macros

This is the last solution. Here you should check the problematic macros and some users have confirmed that the macros are getting Excel stop errors.

Well, this does not mean that I should stop using them. Here you can see how to use the macros to prevent Excel from stopping the error:

Follow the steps to do it:

* Start Excel> click on Developer> Visual Basic.

* And go to Tools> Options.

Options> in the General tab> delete the option 'Compile on request'.

* Then, in the navigation panel of the Project> right click on Module> choose 'Insert' to insert a new module.

* After that save your spreadsheet> Exit the Excel application.

So, this is it, and the next time you click on the macros, Microsoft Excel has stopped working, the error message does not appear.

DouglasMillar69, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Office excel, work not working after last update

1. Office excel, work not working after last update - Similar Threads - Office excel working

2. Office Features Not Working Since Last Window Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office Features Not Working Since Last Window Update: I have Windows 10 running on a Dell Laptop. Windows Update KB5003537 automatically downloaded on 6/25. Since that time, I have not been able to open Word, Excel or Outlook. Running Office Home 2016.Have tried both shutting down and restart several times and that hasn't...
  3. Start menu not working after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after last update: I have Windows 10 and after the last forced update I cannot access my start menu. The key at the bottom left of my screen does nothing when clicked, quick access on my keyboard also gets no response. I have run several cleanup tasks including an sfc through powershell and...
  4. cortana not working after last update

in Cortana
    cortana not working after last update: Help I'm new at this. Cortana was working fine until last update feb. 17. Now I can't get anything except Cortana asking permission to get familiar with the way I talk. When I hit the "sure" button I get "I'm sorry something went wrong. Try again in a little bit. Same thing...
  5. Fans not working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fans not working after last update: I up to date my laptop with 2 fans, now my laptop its overheating and crashing with black screen, i alreasy search for some fixes but not help, rollback the update dont work too, using another fan not works, please fix it....
  6. Touchpad it's not working after last update

Touchpad it's not working after last update: I just up to date my laptop and now the touchpad don't work, its a way to get out this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-its-not-working-after-last-update/e7052d3e-d870-46a8-928d-52aa828b28d7
  7. headset does not work after the last update

headset does not work after the last update: After updating I went to play like every day and I realized that the sound did not work, I thought that my headphones had been damaged but I used them on another PC and they worked well, I do not have much knowledge in this, so I ask for help...
  8. MS Office Last Update - Excel VBA issue

MS Office Last Update - Excel VBA issue: Hi all, I have been updated again... now I have serious trouble with my Excel VBA files. If I try to make some modifications in code some actions lead into Excel crash: Select a part of code and trying to del ---> crash Press "Reset" button in editor ---> crash (even...
  9. My Printer is not working after the last update

My Printer is not working after the last update: My Printer is not working after the last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-is-not-working-after-the-last-update/1ab3b54a-c034-48da-8855-bc1ef2da884d
  10. after last update no excel files will open

after last update no excel files will open: get the following error - [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/after-last-update-no-excel-files-will-open/5bbdb225-def5-4c59-95c9-f92bb5d66e6a