Windows 10: office excel

Discus and support office excel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open excel on my desk top, I do not know why or what happened. The message reads...... [TargetInvocationException} Exception has been thrown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kmhpjh, Jun 14, 2020.

1. kmhpjh Win User

office excel

I cannot open excel on my desk top, I do not know why or what happened. The message reads...... [TargetInvocationException} Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation,: [ExternalException] A generic error occurred in GDI+.....this is exactly as it reads. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

:)

kmhpjh, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft announces public preview of Office Scripts in Excel on web

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...w/ba-p/1093559

Brink, Jun 14, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

office excel [​IMG]

- this list:

office excel [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

office excel

excell

Hi Amaedodgers

Open Excel from its Shortcut, do you get any errors?

Do you get this error with all Excel files?

If you cannot open Excel on its own or you are getting an error on all Excel files, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

office excel

1. office excel - Similar Threads - office excel

2. My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...: It work at first when I write it, and it appear #NAME? on the next day I open my file.All my formula included with "=_xlfn." which I didn't write.and...
  3. My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Excel version are "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019", however formula like xlookup...: It work at first when I write it, and it appear #NAME? on the next day I open my file.All my formula included with "=_xlfn." which I didn't write.and...
  4. Win11 memory leak after using MS office excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 memory leak after using MS office excel: I started to use Excel yesterday and have endured memory leaks several times.Here is my system version.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎12/‎16/‎2023 OS build 22631.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The Excel version...
  5. Win11 memory leak after using MS office excel

Win11 memory leak after using MS office excel: I started to use Excel yesterday and have endured memory leaks several times.Here is my system version.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎12/‎16/‎2023 OS build 22631.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The Excel version...
  6. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...: How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, etc. account while keeping desktop files independent from each other so that when I add a file to the desktop of laptop #1 it does not automatically populate to laptop #2? I want to use...
  7. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...: How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, etc. account while keeping desktop files independent from each other so that when I add a file to the desktop of laptop #1 it does not automatically populate to laptop #2? I want to use...
  8. How can I add a second/separate laptop to my existing Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Using Excel 2007 workbook in both Windows 7 and Office 365

Using Excel 2007 workbook in both Windows 7 and Office 365: Hello: I'm actually just looking for confirmation on this. We have a spreadsheet that is built in Excel 2007 version. It opens fine in both the Windows 7 Professional and Office 365 operating systems. However, when a user opens the file on an Office 365 laptop, makes changes...
  10. Using Excel 2007 workbook in both Windows 7 and Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Excel 2007 workbook in both Windows 7 and Office 365: Hello: I'm actually just looking for confirmation on this. We have a spreadsheet that is built in Excel 2007 version. It opens fine in both the Windows 7 Professional and Office 365 operating systems. However, when a user opens the file on an Office 365 laptop, makes changes...