Windows 10: Office files not opening in onedrive

Discus and support Office files not opening in onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenTinker, Dec 1, 2020.

1. BenTinker Win User

Office files not opening in onedrive

Hi, my new surface 3 laptop was delievered today. I am connected to the onedrive and can open documents online, but cannot open any MS docs from the windows explorer. I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting with onedrive and restarting, but that doesn't work. Can you please advise?

:)

BenTinker, Dec 1, 2020

2. Microsoft office files doesn't open in OneDrive and won't sync in Windows 10.

Hi CauZion,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Delete cached files from Upload Center.

• Go to start menu and open Upload Center for Office.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on 'Delete Cached Files for Office.'
    • Click OK and check if the status.
    I suggest you Change the OneDrive Location in Windows 10 and check if it works.

To change the OneDrive folder location in Windows 10, you have unlink OneDrive from your account and then repeat the setup process:

• Right-click on the OneDrive
      icon in the notification area and then select Settings
    • Select "Settings" and then select "Unlink OneDrive"
    • Follow the setup process again and ensure to select the new drive or location to have OneDrive sync to; you must wait for your files to download again to the new location
    Please note: if you've connected your Windows 10 user account with your Microsoft account, OneDrive won't let you unlink the application. You'll have to unlink your
    Microsoft account from your Windows account first.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 1, 2020
  3. CauZion Win User
    Microsoft office files doesn't open in OneDrive and won't sync in Windows 10.

Original Title: HELP !!

TWO weird issues I believe are connected to the same problem.

FIRST

1) A specific folder is selected on Folders List to sync, but Office 2013 files created before two or three weeks ago aren't been syching. I've deselected, reselected, but
    only PDF files are been synching to this folder on my local disc.

2) Have reset Onedrive and the files were not synched again

3) They are on my Onedrive online, but Onedrive doesn't download them to my PC (the Office Files created BEFORE two or three weeks ago are there (local), BUT.... (look to the second list below)

4) Onedrive icon says it is updated, but office 2013 files aren't there

5) NOW, after I've reset Onedrive, NO OFFICE FILES are been downloaded on ALL FOLDERS and not just the new ones.

Only PDF files, images, but NO Office Document

SECOND

1) Weird also is that, if I go to WORD, in the recent opened files, there are some files I was working on a few days ago, I click on any of them and they are loaded. I click on SAVE, check the file folder path on onedrive, but they ARE NOT THERE !!!! Even
    after I save them on Word, I look at the local Onedrive file and they are not there.

If I try to open thru the file dialog window on Word and go to the onedrive folder, there is NO word file there, but I can still open using recent documents list on word.

I'm getting desperate because I can't access my Office files on onedrive using local folders

CauZion, Dec 1, 2020
  4. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Office files not opening in onedrive [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Office files not opening in onedrive - Similar Threads - Office files opening

2. Open Office files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Office files from OneDrive: Hi, I have a user that when they click on a shortcut to a office document or click on a file to a office document that are stored on OneDrive the splash scree shows but then the splash scree goes away and the document doesn't open. I copy one of the files to the temp...
  3. Office apps crash when opening a file from onedrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office apps crash when opening a file from onedrive: Ive had this problem for a while now and the cause is a damaged user profile, so I'm looking for help with how to 'repair' the damage. This is not related to a specific build of Windows or an update, but just FYI I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit with build 202H The Problem: If...
  4. Office 365 and OneDrive files sharing

Office 365 and OneDrive files sharing: Hi, Like my profile say I'm not an Windows user please don't throw rock at me :P I just grow up with Apple computer ^^ I recently merge my company with an other one. We are Apple base with iCloud Them are Windows base with Office 365 The work is done, we use each...
  5. OneDrive and File Explorer and Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and File Explorer and Office 365: I'm TOTALLY SICK of OneDrive and File Explorer and somewhat of Office 365. Yesterday I downloaded a file created by Microsoft SetupProd_OffScrub.exe that was supposed to auto remove and clean up Office 365. I was tired of Office not showing me or allowing me to choose where...
  6. Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Timeline downloads a copy of Office files from OneDrive instead of opening the files in the...: When opening an Ofiice file stored in OneDrive by clicking on it in Timeline, the file does not open in the corresponding web or desktop Office Application. Instead, my browser downloads a read-only copy of the file and presents its usual file download dialog: "Do you want...
  7. OneDrive files not opening

OneDrive files not opening: I cannot open or save files to OneDrive and error code 0x80070194 is showing. Can you advise me how to fix please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-files-not-opening/febd7172-d902-4142-8f06-3ba8d8c675e4"
  8. Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app

Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app: Ever since 1809, the Windows Timeline feature opens all Office documents that I work on in the web browser, instead of the application locally. Word, Excel, PowerPoint docs all try to open in web. Can the path be changed?...
  9. File sharing Office files on OneDrive

File sharing Office files on OneDrive: I have a .docx file I created using Office 365 Home on a Win 10 Pro 64 bit system (ComputerA). I shared the file, within Word, to a user on Computer B, also running Win 10 Pro, Office 365 Home. The eMail with the share info was sent from Computer A and received on Computer...
  10. Changed OneDrive properties and Office locks on file open/save browse

Changed OneDrive properties and Office locks on file open/save browse: I changed OneDrive properties and now all Office apps crash on file open/save browsing. My family and I were confused between OneDrive and the Documents library in our recent install of Office 365 Office 2016. Sometimes we saved to OneDrive when we wanted to save to local...