Windows 10: Office Fly Out Icon

Discus and support Office Fly Out Icon in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Anyone know where to find the location of this "fly out" icon on the start menu? [img] I've installed Office 365 and it only appeared on one of the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SoFine409, Jan 21, 2021.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Office Fly Out Icon

Anyone know where to find the location of this "fly out" icon on the start menu?

Office Fly Out Icon [​IMG]

I've installed Office 365 and it only appeared on one of the PC's and I like to on all of them. It saves a lot of space on the start menu.

:)

SoFine409, Jan 21, 2021
  2. matane212 Win User

Battery Icon fly-out problem

Now i have to tweak regedit to make old style battery icon fly-out, but that's not a solution although it help me knowing the percentage of the battery because it has different style than any of the fly-out icon like action center, network, etc. Please fix
    this

Office Fly Out Icon d5dddd58-e98e-46fc-a99f-ee498e75dae0.png

matane212, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Florrian Win User
    Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Office Fly Out Icon

Thema:

Office Fly Out Icon

1. Office Fly Out Icon - Similar Threads - Office Fly Icon

2. What the actual flying truck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the actual flying truck: Do not Answer, Do Not Reply, Read OnlyWhat did Microsoft do? I feel like this company does this every other OS. Stop trying to reinvent yourselves, this is not fun for anyone. you made the perfect OS years ago, I'm not going to say which one b/c you're so far up your own butt...
  3. Phone Link App / Pin notifications fly out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App / Pin notifications fly out: I have phone link installed on two pc's running W11. One has the notification flyout pinned open, while the other collapses. I can't find the setting to change this?...
  4. Phone Link App / Pin notifications fly out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link App / Pin notifications fly out: I have phone link installed on two pc's running W11. One has the notification flyout pinned open, while the other collapses. I can't find the setting to change this?...
  5. Fli Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fli Sim 2020: I am presently using X-plane 11 but have had FliSim 2020 recommended very strongly to me by a fellow FliSimmer who has an advanced setup. I am a retired commercial pilot but woefully short of computer skills - I don't understand half the questions. I do not even know if it...
  6. Office icons and tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office icons and tiles: I just installed Windows 10. In the start menu, by default, there are live tiles for office apps like Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and some more. When you click some of these, they open up the online Office in a tab in Edge, because clearly, they aren't installed. The thing is,...
  7. Office 365 icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 icons: Hello there I am using Office 365 ProPlus because my school account,but I want to update icons. I tried to update Office 365 and when it's all complete, nothing changed. Before address Microsoft Community, I searched online about how to do it, even Microsoft Comunity....
  8. Double Office Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Office Icons: Hello, About a month ago, I got a new computer for university. The computer came in with a trail version of office, which I got rid of, and later installed it again, this time with the university credentials. The problem is that I have a pair of duplicate icons in my "All...
  9. Run Dll Flies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run Dll Flies: How do delete an error message that pops up every time I logon telling me that run dll could not be opened Thanks Vernon Jones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/run-dll-flies/8137973a-3460-4e69-bf8f-00eaecdbfa81
  10. Office Icons + Itunes Icons missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Icons + Itunes Icons missing: I am missing the icons for a few pieces of software, such as office, i have tried resetting the icon cache, to no avail, any ideas? Thanks. 25765