Windows 10: Office for Windows 10

Discus and support Office for Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; One of my friends wants to buy a copy of Office that will run on Windows 10. Which versions of Office will work on WIn10? Also, am I correct in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RhinoCan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Office for Windows 10

One of my friends wants to buy a copy of Office that will run on Windows 10. Which versions of Office will work on WIn10?

Also, am I correct in understanding that Office 365 is some kind of arrangement where you have to pay for it every year, instead of buying it once and owning the program? Can you still buy "permanent" copies or is Office 365 the only way to get Office now?

She really only needs Word and PowerPoint so would she save money to buy just those programs or is that not even an option any more?

:)

RhinoCan, Feb 10, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Office for Windows 10 vs Office 2016 (or Office 2013 / Office 365)

I think your failure analysis skills are lacking. If the person in question is indeed not a native speaker of English (which is probably the case) and unable to discern Office from Windows itself, how did he find this thread? In many cases there's no telling
    for sure what someone here is asking, and it's necessary to ask for clarification.

JimWynne, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 10, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Office for Windows 10

RE : One of my friends wants to buy a copy of Office that will run on Windows 10. Which versions of Office will work on WIn10?

Most MS Office versions still work in Windows 10.
    In fact, version 2003 is not certified to be supported by Windows 10 and yet many users claim they can still use 2003 version.
    I have a 2007 Home & Student version and it works perfectly.

RE : Also, am I correct in understanding that Office 365 is some kind of arrangement where you have to pay for it every year, instead of buying it once and owning the program? Can you still buy "permanent" copies or is Office 365 the only way to get Office now?

I may be wrong on this, but as far as I know, it is a subscription variety.

RE : She really only needs Word and PowerPoint so would she save money to buy just those programs or is that not even an option any more?

No. You have to buy the package.
    I would suggest that you have a look at 2016 Home and Student.
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...bkXhoCniTw_wcB

It includes Words, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
    What she needs.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office for Windows 10

1. Office for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Office

2. Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files: Work group setupSystem 1 as server - with Windows 7 OS with MS office 2010System 2 as Client- With Win 10 pro with MS office 2016 latest upgraded due to HDD crashSystem 3 as client - with Win 7 OS with MS office 2010I have recently faced issue on HDD corrupt and updated my...
  3. Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files: Work group setupSystem 1 as server - with Windows 7 OS with MS office 2010System 2 as Client- With Win 10 pro with MS office 2016 latest upgraded due to HDD crashSystem 3 as client - with Win 7 OS with MS office 2010I have recently faced issue on HDD corrupt and updated my...
  4. Windows 10&11 preactivated with office 2021

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10&11 preactivated with office 2021: submitted by /u/eliudpro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cmjw7o/windows_1011_preactivated_with_office_2021/
  5. Microsoft office cant find your license for the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft office cant find your license for the application: Microsoft office cant find your license for the application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-cant-find-your-license-for-the/88b6dd48-b95d-4d67-95e2-562a081ac05a
  6. Microsoft office cant find your license for the application

Microsoft office cant find your license for the application: Microsoft office cant find your license for the application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-cant-find-your-license-for-the/88b6dd48-b95d-4d67-95e2-562a081ac05a
  7. Microsoft office cant find your license for the application

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Installing office in 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing office in 2 laptops: I purchased word office from productkey.com, my laptop was Brocken unusable, then i install it in my other laptop, i am wonder if it is ok or i should deactive it from my laptop, how can i desactive it Thanks...
  9. Installing office in 2 laptops

Installing office in 2 laptops: I purchased word office from productkey.com, my laptop was Brocken unusable, then i install it in my other laptop, i am wonder if it is ok or i should deactive it from my laptop, how can i desactive it Thanks...
  10. How to Enable or Disable Office Viewer in Edge?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Office Viewer in Edge?: [IMG]If you want to enable or disable Office Viewer in Edge, here’s what you need to know first. Microsoft Edge has this built-in feature that would open Office files in the browser – for example, Excel sheets, Word documents, etc. But the catch is that once you click on the...