Windows 10: Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad

Discus and support Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I agreed to the Office free trial basically to get it to leave me alone and stop harassing me to try it. I never wanted it and figured I would just let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgurn, Apr 30, 2020.

1. jgurn Win User

Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad

I agreed to the Office free trial basically to get it to leave me alone and stop harassing me to try it. I never wanted it and figured I would just let it expire. It immediately started converting my wordpad documents into word, which was an aggravation, and I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Now that the free trial has expired it is STILL converting my wordpad docs to word, only now I can't edit them or do anything else with them because Office has expired. Office is no longer listed in programs so I can't uninstall it. I tried to download wordpad but can't because Microsoft says I already have it. If anyone could tell me what to do I would appreciate it.

:)

jgurn, Apr 30, 2020

2. Wordpad

WordPad is free and it is included with Windows (that is, WordPad isn't part of Office). Click the Windows logo on the taskbar to open the Start menu, and then look under "Windows Accessories."

Most likely, what you are seeing is a trial version of Office, which may be preinstalled by the computer manufacturer or provided by Windows. See if the "Get Office" app is on the list of installed programs on the Start menu; if you find it, right-click
    it and choose Uninstall. You may also/alternatively have to uninstall the trial version from Settings (or from Programs and Features in Control Panel).

Stefan Blom, May 23, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Wordpad hyperlink

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This issue may have occurred due to a software conflict. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What version of Office applications are you using?
    • Are you also experiencing any issues on opening different Office files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run an Office repair to check if there will be any changes on the Wordpad.
    Kindly follow the steps given on the section that says Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, May 23, 2020
  4. Cr00zng Win User

The Office trial expired, what??

I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored from MR backup numerous times and had no issues with the Office licensing.

About a week ego, the system had been restored from MR image backup and had no issues with licensing until today. Started up the system and Outlook today, this is what popped up after couple of hours:

Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad [​IMG]

The picture is a combination of asking for and entering the product key.

After doing so and clicking on "Install" in the second image, Outlook locked up solid and had to be closed in Task Manager. Starting up Outlook again resulted in "not responding" error and subsequent force closing of the app.

Closed all programs, rebooted the system, started Outlook and it runs just fine. The "File\Office Account\Product Information" show this:

Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad [​IMG]

While I am glad that simply rebooting the system fixed this ailing...

What causes this sort of errors and how to prevent it to reappear in the future?

TIA...

Cr00zng, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad - Similar Threads - Office free trial

2. Free Trials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Trials: How do I tell what MS trials I have in effect?> When do they expire, and how much will I be charged? How do I cancel them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trials/79bf1cea-d159-44d9-a538-4badc4ac1f1b
  3. Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer.: I logged into my account on my computer and the only thing on the screen was an alert that my computer virus protection has expired and I need to update it. The rest of the screen was black. I clicked restore and it brought me to Microsoft Edge which isn't my default search...
  4. free trial

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    free trial: Hi I was given the advice to download macrium reflect free trial,the trial only last for so long so what do you do when your trial has ended,how can you use your back up image you make? 177618
  5. realm free trial

realm free trial: I am trying to use me month trial of realms on java but cant get mojang to accept my credit card."There was an error when saving Card information IllegalArgumentException: There was a problem processing your credit card, please double check your data and try again." is the...
  6. office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office 2013 stopped working, after trying office 365 free trial: office 2013 stopped working after install free trial office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2013-stopped-working-after-trying-office/3433be7f-c7b2-4ddf-adcd-7a47d06a6365
  7. Minecraft free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft free trial: I am trying to download the minecraft free trial. I press get free trial then it loads a bit and says you have a trial for this game then next to it is a button that says install on my devices but when I press that it says that there are no applicable devices and shows a...
  8. minecraft free trial

minecraft free trial: I want to download the minecraft free trial but when i have to select a device my laptop does not appear. Any suggestions as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-free-trial/40c03ebf-78e6-4d0e-bf03-61d9c805a2fa"
  9. The Office trial expired, what??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The Office trial expired, what??: I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored from MR backup numerous times and had no issues with the Office licensing. About a week ego, the system had been restored...
  10. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...