Windows 10: Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

Discus and support Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office Home shared with family member. Installs on family member but no icons on start menu. Any ideas? 128096 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fjk61011, Mar 1, 2019.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

Office Home shared with family member. Installs on family member but no icons on start menu. Any ideas?

:)

fjk61011, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Unable to add or create family member or non family member account in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

1. Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me - Similar Threads - Office Home shared

2. Can't find a purchased app on a family member log on

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't find a purchased app on a family member log on: hi - i recently purchased minecraft for my child - it shows on my list of installed apps and i can play on my log on, but when my son goes to his 'family member' logon minecraft is nowhere to be seen. How do i share the app across log ons? lisa...
  3. Family members deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members deleted: I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like to know why it was done automatically. Thanks. [Moderator guessing at what 'my family members were removed' means...
  4. Windows 10 can't add family member

Windows 10 can't add family member: This is rediculous! I have updated my computer for the last week and it still tells me cant add family member I see multiple post on this .. But never a real solution. Can anyone help. Why can't we add user accounts like windows 7 professional?...
  5. Laptop gift from family member

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop gift from family member: Good day, Received a Laptop as a gift from my son who is not using it anymore. It has Windows 10 Home OS. I want to clean out all his old files and apps and make it my own , I have a Desktop and an old Laptop both with Windows 10 upgrades fro Windows 7. My old laptop has...
  6. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...
  7. Office365 Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office365 Family Sharing: Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and uses a Windowd 10 desktop PC. I set up family sharing on my Mac, with my account and sent her the invitation, She accepted...
  8. Creation of a local account as a family member

Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792
  9. "adding family member" option not working

"adding family member" option not working: so I try add a second family member on this pc...clicked to sign into your Microsoft account, window opens..but it just keeps loading. whats wrong [img] 76413
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...