Windows 10: Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

Discus and support Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office Home shared with family member. Installs on family member but no icons on start menu. Any ideas? 128096 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fjk61011, Mar 1, 2019.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

Office Home shared with family member. Installs on family member but no icons on start menu. Any ideas?

:)

fjk61011, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Unable to add or create family member or non family member account in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

It’s easy to share your Windows 10 PC with family members. Add family members using "Add a family member" from your PC's Settings, and they’ll be able to use that PC as well. And you're always in control. You can allow or block them from using a PC at any time.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me

1. Office Home shared. Installs on family member but no icons on start me - Similar Threads - Office Home shared

2. Installed Office on family members laptop but forgot to send them a link

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Office on family members laptop but forgot to send them a link: I installed office on a family members laptop but forgot to send them a link to add them to my family plan. Their device shows up in my family plan but still shows 0 out of 5 shares. Now my email and name is showing up in their profile. How do i fix this?...
  3. Family Member not showing on home screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member not showing on home screen?: my family's microsoft account says "Can sign in" but when I go to the lock screen they don't show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-member-not-showing-on-home-screen/519f092a-8feb-464b-958d-6f19c0ecd473
  4. Family Member not showing on home screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member not showing on home screen?: my family's microsoft account says "Can sign in" but when I go to the lock screen they don't show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-member-not-showing-on-home-screen/519f092a-8feb-464b-958d-6f19c0ecd473
  5. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  6. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  7. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  9. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...
  10. Game sharing with family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...