Windows 10: Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

Discus and support Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop. I do not have the issue in Windows 7. In Windows 10 however if I have a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Amazone, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Amazone Win User

Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop.
    I do not have the issue in Windows 7.
    In Windows 10 however if I have a minimized document in word and open a new word document both the new and the minimized document are opened/maximized. Same happens in excel.
    In the Microsoft support website several people complain about this and it is incredible what answers they get.
    The helpdesk does not understand the problem - or asks why you would want to have a document minimised - or says this is just the new way and you must get used to it - etc etc.
    I finally stumbled upon one thread where a solution was proposed with changes in the registry.
    I will try this later but would like to hear if someone has another solution here.

:)

Amazone, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Cerawy Win User

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Minimize/Maximize command

My minimize or maximize icon does not work once I use view side by side. I cannot get out of side by side without closing down the document.

Bonnie Sakallaris, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Ken Blake Win User

No maximize or minimize tab

There is nothing called a maximize or minimize *tab*. Do you mean the maximize and minimize *icons* in the upper right-hand corner of a window?

If so, in what program (or programs) are they missing?

Ken Blake, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents - Similar Threads - Office automatically maximizing

2. Windows are all maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows are all maximized: For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-are-all-maximized/a1abff87-d4c2-4a99-8aa3-bcef4d24316c
  3. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126
  4. Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Minimize/Maximize/Close don't work with touch: Hello! We have an odd problem and I can't find any reference to anyone who has had this or a setting that might cause it. My daughter's HP Envy X360 has a touch screen that works beautifully... EXCEPT it will not work with the minimize/maximize/close buttons on Chrome....
  5. settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close"

in Windows 10 Support
    settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close": guys im having a problem or maybe its just the way the build is. windows 10 1803 17134.165 in settings at the top right i cannot see "minimize,close...its dark i am using the dark theme but they used to be "white in the top corner" see screenshot [img] 114176
  6. settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close": guys im having a problem or maybe its just the way the build is. windows 10 1803 17134.165 in settings at the top right i cannot see "minimize,close...its dark i am using the dark theme but they used to be "white in the top corner" see screenshot [img] 114176
  7. Issue with minimizing and maximizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with minimizing and maximizing games: So i ran into an issue some time ago. When i minimize and then maximize a game, a small box with the games name and its icon appears in the top left corner on my desktop for a few seconds, then the screen goes black, and then the game finally opens. They used to load...
  8. Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize: A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between. 21014
  9. minimize/maximize missing on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    minimize/maximize missing on laptop: On all my other computers I have minimize/maximize showing in upper right hand corner. My laptop does not. Is there a setting I am missing. Both are running FCU. 106520
  10. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...