Windows 10: Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

Discus and support Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop. I do not have the issue in Windows 7. In Windows 10 however if I have a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Amazone, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Amazone Win User

Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop.
    I do not have the issue in Windows 7.
    In Windows 10 however if I have a minimized document in word and open a new word document both the new and the minimized document are opened/maximized. Same happens in excel.
    In the Microsoft support website several people complain about this and it is incredible what answers they get.
    The helpdesk does not understand the problem - or asks why you would want to have a document minimised - or says this is just the new way and you must get used to it - etc etc.
    I finally stumbled upon one thread where a solution was proposed with changes in the registry.
    I will try this later but would like to hear if someone has another solution here.

:)

Amazone, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Cerawy Win User

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Minimize/Maximize command

My minimize or maximize icon does not work once I use view side by side. I cannot get out of side by side without closing down the document.

Bonnie Sakallaris, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Ken Blake Win User

No maximize or minimize tab

There is nothing called a maximize or minimize *tab*. Do you mean the maximize and minimize *icons* in the upper right-hand corner of a window?

If so, in what program (or programs) are they missing?

Ken Blake, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents - Similar Threads - Office automatically maximizing

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  4. Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file: Hello,I’d like to know how if possible to enable 2 features I liked from Windows 10.While dragging a picture, hovering over photoshop in the taskbar would bring it to the front if it was minimized or in the background. In Win11 nothing happens. This is true for any...
  5. Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimize all or maximize app while dragging a file: Hello,I’d like to know how if possible to enable 2 features I liked from Windows 10.While dragging a picture, hovering over photoshop in the taskbar would bring it to the front if it was minimized or in the background. In Win11 nothing happens. This is true for any...
  6. minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimized window isn't restored maximized although it was maximized before minimizing: Hi! I work with AutoCAD LT 2019 in maximized windows. When I minimize them and then restore, they don't get to the previous maximized state, but instead they are restored to the "normal" size. This is not the expected behaviour. All other programs and applications get...
  7. how to maximize after minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to maximize after minimizing: i minimized a word document to get more info know i don't know how to maximize it to bring it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maximize-after-minimizing/f8b7e9cd-2de7-4322-a569-3d68c588d9ae
  8. minimize/maximize disappear

minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  9. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  10. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126