Windows 10: Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

Discus and support Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop. I do not have the issue in Windows 7. In Windows 10 however if I have a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Amazone, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Amazone Win User

Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents

I Work with Word 2007 both on Windows 7 desktop and Windows 10 laptop.
    I do not have the issue in Windows 7.
    In Windows 10 however if I have a minimized document in word and open a new word document both the new and the minimized document are opened/maximized. Same happens in excel.
    In the Microsoft support website several people complain about this and it is incredible what answers they get.
    The helpdesk does not understand the problem - or asks why you would want to have a document minimised - or says this is just the new way and you must get used to it - etc etc.
    I finally stumbled upon one thread where a solution was proposed with changes in the registry.
    I will try this later but would like to hear if someone has another solution here.

:)

Amazone, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Cerawy Win User

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Minimize/Maximize command

My minimize or maximize icon does not work once I use view side by side. I cannot get out of side by side without closing down the document.

Bonnie Sakallaris, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Ken Blake Win User

No maximize or minimize tab

There is nothing called a maximize or minimize *tab*. Do you mean the maximize and minimize *icons* in the upper right-hand corner of a window?

If so, in what program (or programs) are they missing?

Ken Blake, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Office is automatically maximizing all minimized documents - Similar Threads - Office automatically maximizing

2. minimize/maximize disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  3. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  4. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  5. Disable automatic maximize

Disable automatic maximize: How do I set Windows 10 so that when a window touches the edge of the screen the window isn't automatically maximized? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatic-maximize/029e2fae-97f3-4312-89ff-2805f6c651fa
  6. Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.

Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.: I can't seem to minimize or maximize my panels. I've tried getting out of tablet mode....this didn't work, I tried going to task manager and deleting it....nope. I've got all the latest upgrades....still nothing. Nothing seems to work. I've got a nice desktop pc, running...
  7. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing on top right of screen how do I get them back pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons-missing/c54e564a-dd2a-4e28-a6c7-869a03ba6fe6
  8. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126
  9. Issue with minimizing and maximizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with minimizing and maximizing games: So i ran into an issue some time ago. When i minimize and then maximize a game, a small box with the games name and its icon appears in the top left corner on my desktop for a few seconds, then the screen goes black, and then the game finally opens. They used to load...
  10. minimize/maximize missing on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    minimize/maximize missing on laptop: On all my other computers I have minimize/maximize showing in upper right hand corner. My laptop does not. Is there a setting I am missing. Both are running FCU. 106520