Windows 10: Office Lens Bug

Discus and support Office Lens Bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to report a Very mean bug that is present in office lens android version Whenever I try to click a photo, it doesn't get saved and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParagEkbote, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Office Lens Bug

I would like to report a Very mean bug that is present in office lens android version

Whenever I try to click a photo, it doesn't get saved and the app hangs, I've tried to clear the cache, reinstall but it just won't go. Please help me, I am using office lens on android 10.

Thank you

:)

ParagEkbote, Jan 18, 2021

2. Office Lens

I want to be able to scan receipts as I get them and collect scanned receipts in ONE place. I want to be able to use Office Lens to do that.

• I have Nokia Icon version 8.0. (Verizon has not released 8.1.)
    • I am using the latest version of Office Lens as of 2/5/2015.
    • I am using One Drive with a Documents folder
    • My computer is Windows 8.1, 64 bit.
    • I am using Office 2013
    • I have One Note 2013 on my phone, One Drive, and computer
    My questions are:

• Can Office Lens scan (i.e., photograph) more than one page that creates one document? Currently I am forced to be at the same location as my computer and scanner to scan multi-page documents.
    • If I have to use a traditional scanner to scan documents to the computer, how do I get them into One Note? Currently I am forced to store some receipts on my computer and some receipts on One Note or to the Documents folder on One Drive.
    • I considered using the Office Lens to scan to the Documents folder on One Drive but it is not a solution. Receipts scanned to the Documents folder on One Drive will be mixed in with many other documents that are not receipts.
    • Currently I can scan to One Note and Documents on One Drive which is not my choice. I don't want to store this personal information on the internet and I will not be sharing this information. Can I scan to a place of my choice?
    I want to be able to do this is as few steps as possible. I need to scan any receipts and documents as soon as I get them where ever I am. Currently I am forced to do this using many steps when I am at the same location as my computer scanner. This is not
    a solution.

The "help" I have found so far raises more questions than answers.

The context for my requirements is "fitness for use." I need a solution for people who need to efficiently scan documents to one place wherever they are so that the documents can be organized and retrieved for later use.

Overall, my question for Office Lens is this. Using Office Lens, how do I scan/photograph any document to one location so that the document can be organized and retrieved for later use?

I chose the "Windows Phone" category, Version "Windows Phone 8," Topic "Photos + Camera" because that was my only choice. It does not fully reflect my question because it does not include all of the required products or a "solutions-based" context.

Thank you for your help.

jsponholtz, Jan 18, 2021
  3. ArkEngel Win User
    Office Lens

My questions are:

• Can Office Lens scan (i.e., photograph) more than one page that creates one document? Currently I am forced to be at the same location as my computer and scanner to scan multi-page documents.
    ANSWER: Yes you can use Office Lens to scan multiple documents or pages into the same
    OneNote>Section, but you'll have to create a new page for every scan. Each page can have multiple scanned receipts, if these were done during the same pass.

• If I have to use a traditional scanner to scan documents to the computer, how do I get them into One Note? Currently I am forced to store some receipts on my computer and some receipts on One Note or to the Documents folder on One Drive.
    ANSWER: You can easily import images on OneNote application.

On OneNote, go to the desired page you want to add receipts.

On the ribbon, click Insert > Pictures > select the picture from your computer. And keep dooing this step until all pictures you have scanned to your PC are on OneNote.

You can also scan images directly to OneNote. On the ribbon, click Insert>Scanned Image.

This will allow you to add images from a scanner directly without having to save them to a computer and then importing them to OneNote.

• I considered using the Office Lens to scan to the Documents folder on One Drive but it is not a solution. Receipts scanned to the Documents folder on One Drive will be mixed in with many other documents that are not receipts.
    ANSWER: I believe that if you follow the recommendation above of using Office Lens to add receipts to OneNote, or Using the Scanned Image option on the PC, you'll be able to minimize the workflow to very few steps.

• Currently I can scan to One Note and Documents on One Drive which is not my choice. I don't want to store this personal information on the internet and I will not be sharing this information. Can I scan to a place of my choice?
    ANSWER: If you're using a PC, you can scan the pictures into any folder you want too, using your Scanner's application. If you're using your phone you'll have to scan them to OneNote or OneDrive. However, these will sync to the cloud.

Hope this helps,

ArkEngel, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Office Lens Bug

Bing Lens and Office Lens crash

Three points worth noting.

• Issue happens only with Bing Lens and Office Lens.
    • You have done phone reset.
    • Issue does not happen with Camscanner.

I think the apps (both of them are broken). I believe you should inform the developer. In this, it is Microsoft. There is no direct email but you can of course leave a review and a update will be eventually pushed to resolve this problem.

Jay_answers, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Office Lens Bug

1. Office Lens Bug - Similar Threads - Office Lens Bug

2. Magnifier Lens Sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier Lens Sizing: Did Microsoft just change the way the magnifier works? I just set up a new computer, and the magnifier works differently. In Lens view, you seem to not be able to resize the lens by holding down the button and moving the mouse to change the lens size. In settings you can...
  3. Magnifier Lens Sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnifier Lens Sizing: Did Microsoft just change the way the magnifier works? I just set up a new computer, and the magnifier works differently. In Lens view, you seem to not be able to resize the lens by holding down the button and moving the mouse to change the lens size. In settings you can...
  4. Is office bugged or not?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is office bugged or not?: I Am looking for a office which is least bugged! I was using google docs, even stopped using hotkeys and still I get tons of new ridiculous bugs, which have no obvious solution. Google docs is soo garbage... It is exhausting... 183411
  5. Microsoft is killing off Windows 10 Office Lens app and other services

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is killing off Windows 10 Office Lens app and other services: Microsoft is constantly adding new features and apps to Windows 10 via Windows Updates and Microsoft Store. At the same time, Microsoft is also pretty brutal when it thinks apps or services aren’t being used or better alternatives are available. As it does every year,...
  6. Weird Bug with office after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Bug with office after update: [ATTACH] first of all, I'm sorry if you don't understand, I'm using a translator I have two power options because obs forces it to record the screen in some cases since I have AMD This thing affects office programs: word, powerpoint, excel I don't know if it happened to...
  7. Access Camera of Holo Lens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Camera of Holo Lens: I want to access the camera of HoloLens through a mobile app but app cannot access HoloLens inbuilt camera . I tried downloading windows camera for HoloLens but it didn't worked.Please suggest me a way to access the camera of HoloLens using my app....
  8. Office Lens will not install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Lens will not install: The installation of Office Lens is stuck every time at 20.60 KB. I am trying to re-install it because it won't launch ---- right at the start it reported 'something is wrong' and falsely claimed the camera was in use by another app. I tried with both cameras & I have...
  9. Office Lens comes to Windows 10 and adds Office 365 support

in Windows 10 News
    Office Lens comes to Windows 10 and adds Office 365 support: The new Universal Windows Office Lens app gives your Windows 10 PC, tablet, phone or even HoloLens scanning superpowers. Whether you need to share your latest ingenious napkin sketch or grab the text from a photo or screenshot in your pictures folder, Office Lens makes it...
  10. Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens: The OneNote team continues to listen to teachers to learn about how we can help them be more productive with our software. Today, we are announcing a set of improvements across OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools and Office Lens. All these improvements have come directly...