Windows 10: Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues

Discus and support Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 convertible laptop, currently running the latest version of Windows 10. I'm using a personal Microsoft account as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by She Ryl, Sep 21, 2018.

1. She Ryl Win User

Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues

Hi,

I have an HP Envy x360 convertible laptop, currently running the latest version of Windows 10.

I'm using a personal Microsoft account as my user account, along with my university account.

Upon startup, there are no issues with internet connectivity.

A lot of the things I need to access (Office 365, sharepoints, etc.) will create a pop-up asking me to reenter my university password.

And the minute I hit enter, internet access gets cut off, with my browser (any browser!) bringing up a "could not connect" page upon entering a website link or when opening a new tab.

It seems this also sets off a cascade of other issues.

Forgetting the network and trying again doesn't work - it refuses to reconnect.

Task manager will no longer open via ctrl-alt-del, and accessing it via right-clicking the windows button brings up a message saying the the program couldn't be located.

The control panel simply refuses to make an appearance.

Occasionally I get messages saying an action cannot be performed because "a system shutdown is in progress".

Restarting the laptop magically resolves all of this issues, but the minute I need to reenter my password, the whole thing starts again.

Please help. Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues :(

:)

She Ryl, Sep 21, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Cascade windows

Hello,

You may follow the steps below to cascade the windows on your device:

• Right-click on an empty space on the Task Bar.
    • Click Cascade Windows.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 21, 2018
  3. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues

1. Office Login Prompt Causes Cascade of Issues - Similar Threads - Office Login Prompt

2. Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.: My computer started to have issues a few weeks ago, first chrome ceased to function, followed by frequent crashes, steam ceasing to function and audio ceasing to function. I investigated the issue by running fcs /scannow, and received this: Windows Resource Protection found...
  3. Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.: My computer started to have issues a few weeks ago, first chrome ceased to function, followed by frequent crashes, steam ceasing to function and audio ceasing to function. I investigated the issue by running fcs /scannow, and received this: Windows Resource Protection found...
  4. Stream.sys corrupted, cascading issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Login prompt not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login prompt not showing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kbkEMzPdZUztUEVCzZ0IJUH0QeEWSuxY/view?usp=drivesdkThis is the video link of my problem it's 24 seconds long, please watch it and suggest me some solutions * Original title: Help me...
  6. Strange login prompt

Strange login prompt: Since the most recent update end of Aug 2021? my PC asks me for a PIN or password every time I power up. This used to not happen. I've tried to disable this feature and can't. Before asking me to sign in, it says something bizarre like "We're sorry but you cannot be connected...
  7. login issue in microsoft office

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login issue in microsoft office: my microsoft office are not working properly plz solve my issue because my id password are right but still i am facing many issue in login plz contact me on this id *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise version 1903 caused all the microsoft office 365 login have prompting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise version 1903 caused all the microsoft office 365 login have prompting...: Windows 10 Enterprise version 1903 caused all the microsoft office 365 login have prompting account error when sign in. There is the error stated "Your IT Department is ensuring that this device is up to date with all your organization 's policies." I already check my...
  9. No login prompt

No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  10. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359