Windows 10: Office "New Document" shortcut to Win 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Office "New Document" shortcut to Win 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I used to have a "New Document" and "Open Documents" shortcut in my Windows 10 folder. I can't remember where I found the info on how to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Denver7, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Denver7 Win User

Office "New Document" shortcut to Win 10 Start Menu

Hello,

I used to have a "New Document" and "Open Documents" shortcut in my Windows 10 folder. I can't remember where I found the info on how to do that again and I needed to format my hard drive recently.

Is there a way to add the New Document and Open Documents shortcuts that I have on my desktop to the start menu? I tried right clicking them, but you can add to the start menu or pin them to the taskbar.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Denver7, Dec 17, 2018

2. Shortcuts in Start menu keep dissapearing? replaced by default ones.

Hello,

occasionally when i start up my PC (recently after cleaning it) I open the start menu to find that all of my shortcuts are gone, & replaced by the terrible default ones from when you first install Windows. So i remove the default ones, refind, and "pin to start" all MY preferred shortcuts, then a few days later, Poof! theyre gone again replaced by the same terrible "news" "groove music" , "calendar" "win store" etc.. anyone have an idea as to why this might be happening?No updates have occurred in the interim of Both occurrences, so it cant be that

Win 10 Pro 1703
    15063.138 (terrible start menu edition)

thanks

jboydgolfer, Dec 17, 2018
  3. loyall Win User
    How to create shortcut to document on Win 10

There is a particular document file that I use almost daily. I have been unable to create a shortcut to this file on either my Win 10 Start Menu or my Task Bar. I would appreciate suggestions to create quick access to this document file, but not on my
    Desktop.

loyall, Dec 17, 2018
  4. RDrewD2 Win User

How to create shortcut to document on Win 10

Loyall,

Here's how I add document (or program or folder) shortcuts to my start menu:

Open your start menu, and click the all apps icon to open the list. Right-click pretty much any app on that list, click "more", then click "open file location". That will open an explorer window with the path:

OS(COffice "New Document" shortcut to Win 10 Start Menu :)/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/StartMenu/Programs

Leave that window open, and then open a second file explorer window and navigate to the document you want to create the shortcut to. Right click the document and click "create shortcut", place that shortcut on your desktop for the
    moment, and close that window. Now just grab, drag, and drop that new shortcut from the desktop into the open explorer window shown in bold above, and look to make sure it got added to the bottom of that list. Close that explorer window, and now that document
    will appear on your start menu in the all apps list. To make it a tile, then just grab, drag, and drop it from the all apps list into your start menu tiles field. Now you've got a start menu shortcut tile to that specific document. I've done this with three
    Word documents, two Excel documents, and a pictures sub-folder here, so I created a "Files" area on my start menu; notice the lower-right section, see if this is what you're going for:

Office "New Document" shortcut to Win 10 Start Menu 24a4acf8-66a8-430d-8594-d27f36d415af.png

RDrewD2, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Office "New Document" shortcut to Win 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Office Document shortcut

2. Start menu broken shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu broken shortcut: Hello guys, I have an issue here. When I was rearrange my start menu I found a doubled "Word" icon, and I tried to remove it.But when I tried to find this shortcut location with right click then 'more', there is no 'Open file location' option.I've already look in start menu...
  3. Document Shortcuts on Start Menu

Document Shortcuts on Start Menu: I upgraded from 1909 to 20H2. It appears that document shortcuts on startmenu is not longer supported. The shortcuts are still in the StartMenu/Programs folder and function if clicked on directly, but they no longer appear in the start menu and cannot be pinned. I was able...
  4. Cannot remove old Office shortcuts from start menu

Cannot remove old Office shortcuts from start menu: Hi All. We have Windows 10 PC's and have upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2019. Uninstalled 2010 then installed 2019. After installation and clicking the Start Menu we can see the Office 2019 programs in the list, however when searching from the Start menu for Outlook...
  5. Win 10 start menu

Win 10 start menu: I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve...
  6. Removing Start Menu shortcuts

Removing Start Menu shortcuts: Is there a way to remove Built-In application shortcuts from the Start Menu? I don't mean uninstall the application, but just remove its shortcut; shortcuts (examples in red) as seen in the attached picture. 149158
  7. Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu: Upgraded to Win10 v1909 from Win7 this AM. So far in my research does NOT appear to be a valid solution for Missing Shortcuts from Start. --------------------- Question ----------------- Can someone confirm my background assessment is correct -- or -- have an answer as to...
  8. Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu: Upgraded to Win10 v1909 from Win7 this AM. So far in my research does NOT appear to be a valid solution for Missing Shortcuts from Start. --------------------- Question ----------------- Can someone confirm my background assessment is correct -- or -- have an answer as to...
  9. Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Win 10 start menu shortcut opens Store, Updates: Hi, 1. Win S launches Cortana. 2. A desktop shortcut to Cortana works. 3. The start menu Cortana shortcut launches Store (it was working at some point..) Win 10 is now running... well, actually quite smoothly- as far as I know, this is the only oddity (until I turn...
  10. start menu documents

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu documents: hi on my start menu i have turned on the options for the following to appear on the start menu documents downloads music pictures videos all work fine except for documents, when I click it it opens one drive instead of documents, the documents in the quick...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. short cut to New Office Document