Windows 10: Office Online Server November release

Discus and support Office Online Server November release in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In May, we released Office Online Server (OOS), which allows organizations to provide your users with browser-based versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Office Online Server November release

Source: Office Online Server November release - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, Nov 17, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 1511 removes Server 2012 R2 Connector and resets group policy

I assume your problem has been fixed by you but others might be interested in these two items.

"You’ll note that there are two downloads. One is for the July release of Windows 10 and the other, clearly marked as Windows10_Version_1511_ADMX.msi, is for those using the Windows 10 November update in their environment".

Admin Templates Updated for Windows 10 November Update

Admin Templates Updated for Windows 10 November Update

Windows 10 Pro version 1511 Broke Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Connector

Windows 10 Pro version 1511 Broke Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Connector

Linney, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Latest WIN10 release (November?) and OFFICE 2007

Generally Office files (WORD, EXCEL,++) are opened with 'MS OFFICE'. There is a problem with the latest WIN10 release only looking for OFFICE versions greater than 2007. It appears unless you have OFFICE 2010 or greater it will not let you open or do
    anything with files.

My problem started out that after installing the lastest version of WIN10 when I double clicked on any .docs or .xls file I got an error message saying 'the MS Office product necessary to open this file is not installed on this computer'.**

After being online with MS techs for hours and uninstalling and reinstalling OFFICE 2006 the last tech told me there was nothing they could do to help and that my only option was to buy a later version. When I said I couldn't afford it and there had to
    be a reason why all was well yesterday and today (after a new release of WIN10 was installed) there is this problem. He hung up on me.

Anyway, I found the solution around this myself (until WIN10 can be updated to include looking for earlier versions to use)

For a .docx file .... right click on the file and click 'open with'. You will see 2 options, MS office and MS Word. Click on MS Word. From then on you can open, edit, save, etc just like before. Note: if you click on open with MS OFFICE
    you will again get the error 'the MS Office product you need to open this file is not installed.'

**along with the error message there is an option to purchase a newer version and there is also a small note to click if you have purchased a different version. If you click on the different version note it takes you to a place to put in the KEY to your
    version BUT it will not take a key to the 2007 version.

CynthiaWilliams45, Nov 17, 2016
Thema:

Office Online Server November release

1. Office Online Server November release - Similar Threads - Office Online Server

2. November 2019 release of Visual Studio Code version 1.41 released

in Windows 10 News
    November 2019 release of Visual Studio Code version 1.41 released: Downloads: Windows: User System | Mac | Linux: snap deb rpm tarball Welcome to the November 2019 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include: Compact folders in Explorer -...
  3. The November Office release with the bug causing "Query XXX is corrupt..."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The November Office release with the bug causing "Query XXX is corrupt...": Hi, I develop applications in Access and so provide business for Microsoft products. The November release with the bug causing "Corrupt Query.." has cost me a lot of time and money as one by one my Clients crash. The last 10 days has been spent mostly on getting Clients...
  4. MS Office 365 and MS Office online.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 365 and MS Office online.: Are there any advantages to using MS Office online, if you have a 365 account. Besides the 1TB of space. Gort 142047
  5. Office Online Server November 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Office Online Server November 2018 Update: The Office Online team is pleased to release our latest update to Office Online Server (OOS). OOS empowers organizations to view, edit, and create documents in the browser with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote from their own datacenter. Please verify that you have the...
  6. November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in November 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...
  7. November 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    November 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update today. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2010 Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB4461522) Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2863821) Office 2013 Update...
  8. November 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    November 2017 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2007 Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB4011203) Office 2010 Update for Microsoft Office 2010...
  9. Office Online Server April 2017 release

in Windows 10 News
    Office Online Server April 2017 release: We are excited to announce our second major update to Office Online Server (OOS), which includes support for Windows Server 2016 as well as several improvements. OOS allows organizations to provide users with browser-based versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote,...
  10. November 2015 Security Release ISO Image

in Windows 10 News
    November 2015 Security Release ISO Image: [img] This DVD5 ISO image file contains the security updates for Windows released on Windows Update on November 2015. The image does not contain security updates for other Microsoft products. This DVD5 ISO image is intended for administrators that need to download...