Windows 10: Office platform news at Ignite 2016

Discus and support Office platform news at Ignite 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Over the past year, Office has gained incredible momentum, with people around the world using our apps and services in the cloud and on all devices to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Office platform news at Ignite 2016

Source: Office platform news at Ignite 2016 - Office Blogs

:)

Brink, Sep 25, 2016

2. Basic question

There is no such thing as Windows 365.

Microsoft develops two popular software platforms:

Windows 10 - operating system, which manages the resources of the computer such as your hardware, applications and your interaction with it. It is not a subscription, but it is delivered as a service where updates and feature improvements are released for
    free regularly.

Office 365 - productivity suite, which consist of applications for word processing, spreadsheet, personal information manager, presentation graphics, desktop publishing and database management.

Office 365 is available as a subscription in various editions to meet the needs of the user. Compared to Office 2016 (which is equivalent in features and functions to Office 365), Office 365 is more affordable than the perpetual Office 2016 license.

An Office 365 license starts at $100 per year, versus spending $500 for a boxed Office 2016 license.

Office 365 licenses are updated regularly and you are entitled to new revisions as they are released. Office 2016 remains the same throughout its lifecycle. If you paid $100 per year for 5 years, that would entitle you to new features and versions every
    year.

If you buy one copy of Office and don't need new features and functionality, then the standard perpetual license is recommended.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Visio 2013

I have recently upgraded to a new Laptop and Office 2016, windows 10. I have read different reviews about Visio 2013 not running on this platform can anyone confirm or deny whether my existing Visio 2013 will run on the new laptop?

Don't particularly want to by a completely new sotware package as it is as much as the laptop.

Geoff M-tech, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

Office platform news at Ignite 2016

1. Office platform news at Ignite 2016 - Similar Threads - Office platform news

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Project updates at Ignite 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Project updates at Ignite 2016: It was an exciting week for Project at Ignite 2016. We had some great sessions, which are now available online. If you were not able to attend Ignite, these online sessions provide a great overview of the latest happenings in the Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management...
  4. Office 365 news in September at Ignite

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 news in September at Ignite: Today, at Microsoft’s Ignite Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, we announced updates across Office 365 to help IT professionals drive digital transformation within their organizations. I was excited to showcase new intelligent cloud services that help make your employees more...
  5. Office 365 adv. security capabilities & EMS integ. Help at Ignite 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 adv. security capabilities & EMS integ. Help at Ignite 2016: [img] Do you have Office 365 E5 and/or Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) suite and need help to fully implement your plans? Are you going to Ignite 2016? Nominate your organization for a customer solution session! The Office 365 content team—together with...
  6. Office 365 Groups update at Ignite 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Groups update at Ignite 2016: It was an exciting time for Office 365 Groups at Ignite 2016 in Atlanta last month. We had some great sessions, which are now available online to all of you that could not attend. These sessions cover top of mind questions you asked us to discuss, ranging from our...
  7. Major OneDrive updates at Ignite 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Major OneDrive updates at Ignite 2016: OneDrive and SharePoint work together to make storing and accessing all your files simple and powerful. We recently outlined a vision for file management in Office 365 that included a set of new features, such as simplified file sharing (both inside and outside your...
  8. Office 365 news at WPC 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 news at WPC 2016: Today, I had the privilege of taking the stage in Toronto for our annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) to talk about Office 365 momentum and the opportunity we have together with our partners. With their help, after five years in market, Office 365 is now empowering over...
  9. Modern productivity – Office 2016 and Office 365 news at Ignite

in Windows 10 News
    Modern productivity – Office 2016 and Office 365 news at Ignite: Today, at our first-ever Ignite Conference in Chicago, we announced new capabilities and solutions from across the company, all of which help IT Pros fuel innovation and transformation within their organizations. I was thrilled to join corporate vice president of Skype...
  10. Microsoft Ignite 2016: Counting down the days!

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Ignite 2016: Counting down the days!: With just a few weeks to go until Microsoft Ignite 2016, the energy is really building; in the industry, at Microsoft, and hopefully for you! Microsoft Ignite is sold out, so for the fortunate 20 thousand plus people who will be there, I look forward to seeing you in person....