Windows 10: Office pro compatible to run with Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Office pro compatible to run with Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I buy office professional if I'm only running windows 10 home? Or do I need to upgrade to Windows 10 pro first?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MandyBass, May 7, 2021.

1. MandyBass Win User

Office pro compatible to run with Windows 10 Home

Can I buy office professional if I'm only running windows 10 home? Or do I need to upgrade to Windows 10 pro first?

:)

MandyBass, May 7, 2021
  2. windwhirl Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Well, I think it's fine, as long as you can use previous Office versions on Windows 10. At work, we still use Office 2003/2007 on most machines, with one of them using Office 97. All of them running Windows XP (with hardened security policies) or Windows 7. To be honest, we only upgrade the OS if it doesn't break compatibility with some mandatory legacy apps (with mandatory I mean that there is no alternative because the tax office holds exclusive rights to make the apps to fill certain taxes and information registers, and because they still use Visual Basic 5 for their coding, so we must maintain compatibility). So no, honestly, we are still far away from even thinking about moving on to Windows 10. And we hardly use any feature introduced with Office 2007 and after, so there is even less incentive to upgrade.

windwhirl, May 7, 2021
  3. Kaapstad Win User
    Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

That will be a first

Microsoft getting any version of office to run properly on Windows 10.*Big Grin Office pro compatible to run with Windows 10 Home :D

Kaapstad, May 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Office pro compatible to run with Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Office pro compatible

2. Will Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student be compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student be compatible with Windows 11?: Split from this thread.Hello! Will Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student be compatible with Windows 11? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-office-2010-home-and-student-be/82582bfd-e0e5-43e7-87b4-f7b74fb87038
  3. Will Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student be compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student be compatible with Windows 11?: Split from this thread.Hello! Will Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student be compatible with Windows 11? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-office-2010-home-and-student-be/82582bfd-e0e5-43e7-87b4-f7b74fb87038
  4. Windows 10 Home and Pro compatibility with WordPerfect Office X4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home and Pro compatibility with WordPerfect Office X4: Is WordPerfect Office X4 compatible with Windows 10 Home and Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-and-pro-compatibility-with/88b0278e-11ca-44e3-ab43-1d1d861dc781
  5. Office 2010 compatibility with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010 compatibility with Windows 10: Some years ago I bought a Dell computer preloaded with Windows 7 pro and also Microsoft Office 2010. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to lose these programs if I upgrade to Windows 10? I still use them and especially don't want to lose my Outlook Mail! Does anyone know if I'll...
  6. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Windows Home (Subscription Office 365 Home)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Windows Home (Subscription Office 365 Home): Hi all, I bought online an subscription Office 365 Home And I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro With this I can't activate my digital key... - Should I downgrade my windows to Home? - Any Tips? Thank you,...
  7. Running windows 10 pro, but have windows 10 home license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running windows 10 pro, but have windows 10 home license: I have run troubled shoot and it comes up with this message and error code OxCOO4FO74 and this is what it says,, found windows 10 home digital license for this device running windows 10 pro. To activate using this digital license you need to install windows 10 home. The funny...
  8. installing Windows 10 Home to a device running Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing Windows 10 Home to a device running Windows 10 Pro: Please help. I wanted to activate Windows on my computer. I recently have the hard drive changed. It's saying" We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10...
  9. Office xp pro compatibility with win 10 pro ver 1803

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office xp pro compatibility with win 10 pro ver 1803: Win 10 ver 1803 installed. Now MS Excel doesn't work. Open file,start to enter data and file goes to Recovering File than closes the file. I have Office XP Pro that worked with replaced ver of Win 10 Pro. 110766
  10. Xp (or 7) PRO compatibility mode in win 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xp (or 7) PRO compatibility mode in win 10 HOME: Hi, Is there any way to activate a Windows xp (or 7) "PRO" compatibility mode from within a Windows 10 HOME laptop? (except running a virtual xp pro off course ;-) ) I need it to run Some Siemens software that requires a PRO OS Grts 40730