Windows 10: Office problem with entering key

Discus and support Office problem with entering key in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have an old pro 2003 Office program disk that I have used on several computers and versions of windows. I had it working on my new computer but had... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Roehrle, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Roehrle Win User

Office problem with entering key

I have an old pro 2003 Office program disk that I have used on several computers and versions of windows. I had it working on my new computer but had to do a reboot and now when I try to reinstall Office it tells me that I entered the wrong key. I tried the same disk on my laptop with win xp and it worked.
    I believe my present problem is because my new computer had Office 365 on it and has expired. I did a complete uninstall of Office365 and also used a program "015ctrremove.diagcab" but still no success in getting it to except the key.
    My old 2003 Office did everything I needed so I don't see that I need to pay for a new Office365.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    PS... I hate win10

:)

Roehrle, Jul 6, 2016

2. Office enterprice 2007

Hello

I have Office Enterprise HUP (home use Programm) license key,

But I could not find where to download the office 2007 software.

I tried in Microsoft office website, there it asks for key, when I enter the key it says key entered is not support at this site or key is invalid.

Please help.

NagendraMadhyastha, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Office 2016 is Installed but I cannot find word 2016 everything else works

Press Windows key + R

Type: winword

Hit Enter

You can also try repairing your Office 2016 installation to see if it fixes the problem:

Press Windows key + X

Click Programs and features

Scroll down, select Microsoft Office

Click Change/Repair on the command bar see if it resolves the problem.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Is Office 2003 still running on 2 computers? If so the limit has been reached unless it's the Enterprise/Open License version intended for businesses. The EULA [End User License Agreement] specifies it can be installed on a work station and a portable device in control of the same person. It works to use more modern terms of desktop and notebook/laptop. I've not had problems Uninstalling the included Office trials from new computers before installing an older full version of Office. Most features of the Office suite work on Win10 except maybe Outlook and more-advanced formatting. I'm running Office 2000 on the Insider Preview of Win10 but only need a few of the basic features in Word and PowerPoint.

Berton, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Roehrle Win User
    Yes it is an open license version that I used in work & home. I retired several years ago but have been using the same program. It did work on win10 but something must of happened after the reinstall that is preventing the program key to work now.

Roehrle, Jul 6, 2016
  6. PiKo Win User
    I had no problem with installing and activating my (student) version of Office 2003 Pro, even after a clean install of W10.
    Are you shure not to have made a typo (8 instead of B, O instead of Q)?
    It is not clear to me what you did and why: Office 2003 worked, then reboot??? and then reinstall Office??
    With a new computer and possibly Office as one of the first programmes to install, I would consider now a clean installation of W10.
    Further I would regularly make system images with Macrium Reflect free, to be able to go back if something has changed unexpectedly.

PiKo, Jul 8, 2016
  7. Roehrle Win User
    Hi Piko
    No typo problem. I have entered at least 10 or 15 times. I have read where other people have Off 2003 running on Win10 so I know it can be done. Since I have done the re-boot something has changed and I'm not getting the correct error message. I know the produce key is being entered correct. I entered it on my laptop with Win XP and it worked right away. Never had a reason to run it on my laptop before but now I need to run a bunch of programs I have written using Off 2003. Still need it on my desk but for now the LT will do.

Roehrle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office problem with entering key - Similar Threads - Office problem entering

2. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  3. Enter keys are not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter keys are not working!: I have Windows 11 laptop. MSI ALPHA 15 and it has two enter keys regular and the num enter key both of them stops working randomly.I have searched this problem on google. I followed the steps which are given on various websites. But I couldn't fix my Enterkey. Key mapping is...
  4. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  5. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  6. Problem with entering Product Key for Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with entering Product Key for Office: I recently reset my windows laptop. I had to reenter the Product Key for Office. I purchased this previously. I entered the Product Key and it says site cannot be reached. I hit reload and nothing. Troubleshooting does not reveal anything. I'm trying to gain access to some of...
  7. Problem with entering Product Key for Office

Problem with entering Product Key for Office: I recently reset my windows laptop. I had to reenter the Product Key for Office. I purchased this previously. I entered the Product Key and it says site cannot be reached. I hit reload and nothing. Troubleshooting does not reveal anything. I'm trying to gain access to some of...
  8. Office needs to be reactivated but will not allow me to enter a product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office needs to be reactivated but will not allow me to enter a product key: I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 today. Office 2010, which I purchased with the computer i.e. paid for, I paid upward of $100 when I bought the computer no longer works and I received this pop-up when trying to run it. Microsoft Office Activation Wizard "Microsoft Office...
  9. New windows 10 and problems entering product key for old 2010 office and student

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New windows 10 and problems entering product key for old 2010 office and student: I have entered my product key 3 times and always its fails to be accepted after 2 - 3 mins. Is this because the new windows 10 does not support this old procuct key...
  10. Enter a Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enter a Product key: I bought a labtop with window10 . I ran windows recovery to modify personal setting . Since then windows asks me to enter a product key . WHAT TO DO ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-a-product-key/db2c1a86-6b24-441a-b7b6-10eef32f0ed6"