Windows 10: Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture

Discus and support Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 desktop PC with the latest updates as far as I know (3/13 & 3/20,) with Office 365 Home, every Office product at first goes to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimField, Mar 20, 2019.

1. TimField Win User

Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture

On my Windows 10 desktop PC with the latest updates as far as I know (3/13 & 3/20,) with Office 365 Home, every Office product at first goes to this folder below which I do not use and I have to scroll way up and change it to go to my Pictures folder:

Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture 28ad50ef-62c6-4f40-8615-e81df133e81f?upload=true.png

This started happening after I began synching with OneDrive. I don't see where the folder to use is a setting in Office options. Is there any way to get Office to go to the correct Pictures folder which is highlighted below?

Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture 303e7a8d-c67a-40db-a437-2b641e5e8d0b?upload=true.png

:)

TimField, Mar 20, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 20, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture [​IMG]

mrgeek, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Office products go to the wrong folder for insert picture - Similar Threads - Office products wrong

2. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inserting pictures: Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore....
  3. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inserting pictures: Word or excel no longer lets me insert a picture from on line- it comes up with an error. I use this feature OFTEN but now cant do one picture. Worked Monday, tuesday it decided this wasnt an option anymore....
  4. Inserting pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. inserting pictures into emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inserting pictures into emails: How does one INSERT not attach an image into the body text of an email message using Optus Webmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inserting-pictures-into-emails/b61ac8d4-1554-4c8d-9e0c-4f6821c16387
  6. inserting pictures into emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    inserting pictures into emails: How does one INSERT not attach an image into the body text of an email message using Optus Webmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inserting-pictures-into-emails/b61ac8d4-1554-4c8d-9e0c-4f6821c16387
  7. inserting pictures into emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Office products go to the wrong folder to insert an image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office products go to the wrong folder to insert an image: On my Windows 10 desktop PC with the latest updates as far as I know (3/13 & 3/20,) with Office 365 Home, every Office product at first goes to my Documents folder: [ATTACH]The location tab on the Properties of my Pictures folder is below: [ATTACH] Is the location shown...
  9. Folders are doubled and go to wrong location

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders are doubled and go to wrong location: Hello! [img] As you can see, my files are kinda messed up...they are the incorrect names and go to wrong location. Currently both files go to my "Documents" location, i am unable to rename them and one thing i have noticed though is that when i go to change one of...
  10. inserting pictures in a thread

in Browsers and Email
    inserting pictures in a thread: Hi, I must have changed some setting or something has changed I think *Sad In the past I could just copy and paste an image (prtscrn) in a message. Now I first have to save the image and separately upload it? This is in Edge, but also in FireFox I guess it's...